romanorton    0

We are just over a month out from the Dallas show!  I can't even begin to say how excited I am!  My friends and I will be coming in from out of town for the show (Arizona and Utah).  The Utah group met the Arizona group in the GA line during the IE tour in Phoenix.  I love that friends are made in the GA line!

We'll be doing GA again for the Dallas show and I was wondering if anyone has any info on the GA line process in Dallas.  Phoenix had a great set up - everyone was given a number the night before, you had to be back by a certain time to check in or you lost your place in line.  Then the stadium personnel came out and gave everyone wristbands with your number.  You had to be back by a certain time to line up in order.  It was a great set up.  Everyone was really great about making sure there weren't any line jumpers, etc.  Wondering if there will be a similar set up in Dallas?  

We're all so excited and would love to meet up with fellow fans while we're there!!  

Latha    0

Hello romanorton,

The only time I have been to AT&T Stadium to see a concert was the last time U2 played there in 2009 shortly after the stadium had opened.  I got in line around 3 am and was in line all day.  There is a Walmart near by that we walked too to go to the bathroom and buy snacks.  There are also a few restaurants near by.  The fan running the line wrote a number on everyone's hand.  BTW I was able to get the exact spot I wanted on the outside rail at that show.

We'll probably have a better idea of what it will be like based on Houston's show a few days before.  It should be much more organized that that IE Phoenix 1 show (which I was at).

just one month to go until Dallas, yeah!

kyleblonde    0

I did the line in 09 too and I've done the line at the AAC in Dallas as well as lines in Chicago, Charlotte, NYC and STL. 

Dallas is NEVER as organized as other cities about leaving the queue in my experience, nor are people generally as kind. In fact, I've found them to be kind of rude. But I wasn't at the front with the 3am people. But as long as you're with a few people you know so you can leave someone in line you shouldn't have a problem. Additionally Cowboys stadium is always "special" and has it's own processes (like no purses allowed) In 09 they were adamant that people could not show up the night before or "camp out" on the grounds of the stadium. However, I got there at about 10 am in '09 and got in line and got a spot on the outside rail exactly where I wanted because once you get in the walk is far down to the ground level and they're usually letting in 10+ people at a time so you can make up some ground on the way down (they do not let you run, but I saw people running last time). There are porta-potties that are large (handicapped accessible) on the cowboys lots and a walmart and a few food places (I think there's a Cici's across the street from where we queued last time, they were clever and brought pizzas over to the line that they were selling for $8 or something). If you don't have a pass for a close lot the walk back to your car can be FAAAAAAR. Last time I had my husband come by after work to pick up our chairs and cooler because it was almost a 2 miles to the car and back.

Hope y'all have a great time.

romanorton    0

Thank you both for your responses!  GA line is always an interesting experience!  haha...  I'm excited to start seeing reviews of the shows, best locations to stand, etc.  I agree that we should (hopefully) know more about the GA line set up after the Houston show.    

Thanks for the heads up on the parking situation!

Would love to know if there is a fan meet up in Dallas as well!  I always love meeting fans and making new "line" friends.  :)   

jwaldrop    0

I like all of the above ideas.  In Boston for the last tour, a fan club member organized the line.  We got there around 8 am, got numbers and wristbands (with cooperation from the TD Center), and were allowed to leave and re-convene about 4 pm.  I would LOVE for ATT Stadium to do the same.  I plan on getting there early, but would like the opportunity to leave and come back.

jwaldrop    0

BTW, in '09 we were told to line up by some stadium personnel at the wrong gate.  There were about 100 of us that had to march clear to the other side of the stadium to get in the correct line, which had already been going in.  No worries then, because we ended up in the inner circle.  

I plan on doing much better homework for this show. I'll be calling AT&T stadium in the near future to see what their plan is.  If anyone gets info, post it here!

romanorton    0

I agree jwaldrop.  I loved being able to line up early in the morning, get a number and wristband, and then come back later in the day to line back up again.  That gave us time to go see the band as they came in to the arena!   :)

I would hate to line up in the wrong place!  I have a friend that has emailed AT&T stadium, but, she hasn't heard back yet.  Once I get any info, I'll for sure post here!  Would love to see what other people find out or if anyone has any plans to start the line.  We are flying in Thursday afternoon and heading straight to the stadium from the airport to check things out!

Ksauce    0

Thank you both for your responses!  GA line is always an interesting experience!  haha...  I'm excited to start seeing reviews of the shows, best locations to stand, etc.  I agree that we should (hopefully) know more about the GA line set up after the Houston show.    

Thanks for the heads up on the parking situation!

Would love to know if there is a fan meet up in Dallas as well!  I always love meeting fans and making new "line" friends.   :)   

I would LOVE to meet fellow U2 fans!! Fan meet up sounds AMAZING!!

jwaldrop    0

Got an email back from AT&T Stadium:

Q: What will the GA procedure be for the U2 concert?

A: "We will allow people to get a number in line starting at 6:00 am the morning of the concert at the end of our West Plaza.  People can come and line up at 2:00 pm and their number in line will be held until 4:30 pm.  The stadium opens at 5:00 pm"

Q: Where will the GA line begin?

A: "The end of our West Plaza along North Collins"

I am so pumped that we can leave and re-convene.  See y'all at 6 am!

romanorton    0

This is great news jwaldrop!!  My friend had a very different experience with her communication with the stadium - hahaha... glad to see you got more information out of them than she did!  Thank you for posting here!  

Looking forward to meeting everyone!  See you in the line!  

karenzv    0

Thank you jwaldrop for posting!  See y'all early Friday morning in Arlington.  So excited!

4 hours ago, jwaldrop said:

A: "We will allow people to get a number in line starting at 6:00 am the morning of the concert at the end of our West Plaza.  People can come and line up at 2:00 pm and their number in line will be held until 4:30 pm.  The stadium opens at 5:00 pm"

jwaldrop    0

Great question. I think it depends on who's running the line.  Most likely it is no, the whole group needs to be there.

romanorton    0
3 hours ago, jwaldrop said:

Great question. I think it depends on who's running the line.  Most likely it is no, the whole group needs to be there.

Agreed - that has been my experience in the past as well.  In fact, in one of those cases, I was the friend that showed up late.  I got my number as soon as I could in the afternoon (after my friends had received their numbers earlier that day).  We hung out in the line all day until it was time to line up in order.  Luckily, I was able to make my way to them and it all worked out in the end...this only worked I think because we were in the ellipse.  If it was along the rail, I think that would have been more difficult (those spaces are precious!). :) 

dan6167    1

So, this official from ATT?  We attended show in Denver and line was fan staffed. We got good numbers, but that didn't stop others without numbers getting in front of us. Would be great if it were official. Counting down. 

jwaldrop    0

Each venue will be different on how they approach the GA lines.  Some extremely different.   This was an official email from the Guest Services department at the stadium.

1st Time EVER in GA for a U2 show...

I've gone to many concerts in GA, even at Cowboys Stadium.  I have never seen where they hand out numbers to those in line.  But, I like the idea.  I was planning on going to stadium about noon on Friday.  I guess I'll have to change that.  Hopefully I'll meet some nice people in "the line" (as I'm learning it's called) In my experience, GA lines can get pretty rambunctious with rude people.  Hopefully this will not be the case. :)

jwaldrop    0

These pics are from the IE tour in Boston.  These were our numbers in line (My boy and I).  The second pic isn't good but you can see two wristbands.  One was the official 'get on the floor' wristband from U2. The other was our number in line wristband that the TD Garden issued.  It was all very efficient.   

Reading the Vancouver threads, the GA lines are already forming.  They are having mulitple check ins, allowing people to come and go many times.  Very cool.

u2 1.jpg

u2 2.jpg

romanorton    0

Phoenix2 for I&E was very similar jwaldrop.  I remember Vancouver GA line starting a few days before the show last tour.   I'm hoping more information from the stadium and/or fans will be released as the show date draws closer.  I'm getting way too excited and there's still two weeks left for us! :)  

toyoracer    2
On 5/9/2017 at 10:10 AM, jwaldrop said:

I'm driving in from Houston on the Thurs following the Houston show and was concerned about the line process, as well. 

So, they are saying come at 6am and line up at 2pm or line up the whole time? I remember the process in Boston last tour and I loved it! If it's like that, that would be perfect. I would love not to sit in the TX sun two days in a row. Wonder what the NRG plans on doing? I should ask.

I hope to make some GA line friends. Going at it alone for 3 shows.

Just spent almost 10 minutes on the phone trying to get through to someone at Cowboy Stadium regarding GA line/wristbands/numbers etc for lining up.  I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone but one guy that I got to by pressing "3" for concert information.  He told me that he works in the Cowboys Season Ticket Sales and doesn't know anything about concerts, but "being quite honest, I don't know anyone that you could talk to that would give you that specific of information"

So, I think I'm just going to play it by "ear" and see what happens.  I will get to stadium sometime Friday afternoon and go from there.  Depending on the line length, I may leave and just go back in at doors open time and stand in the back.  The screen behind the band looks AMAZING from the pictures I've seen so far.  I just really wanted to be semi-close to the stage for my first time in GA.  I am OK if that does not happen this time.  :/

Edited by KalenOKU2Fan

jwaldrop    0

My email was to Guest Services.

The address is guestcomments@dallascowboys.net

The phone number is 817-892-4162

I emailed twice and received fairly prompt responses.

Laislinnn    1

Looking forward to the Dallas show!! Three of us are driving up from Austin and a fourth friend flying into Dallas from Denver. Girls night! I doubt we'll be able to be there early enough to get in line by 6am, but based on what I've seen from the opening shows, the screen is so big even if we're further back we should be able to see a lot. I saw them in Chicago in 2016 and we had a friend that wanted to go at the last minute and we were able to walk right up and buy a tix and we still got in about 2 ppl deep from the stage. Always an adventure!

d2ward    0

What is everyone planning to do about parking? I doubt local businesses will allow parking, even those that open their lots after typical business hours for events (like concerts & Rangers games). So -- carpooling? Shared Uber from a common drop location?  Suggestions?

After seeing them twice GA-style on the 360° Tour, I'm bringing my teenage son for this one. It will be his first big-time rock show, so we're both super excited & want to get close to the rail or the walkway. We were planing on showing up around noon, but sounds like earlier is better, at least to get line-position numbers?

Also interested in a fan meetup, if that materializes.  Will keep an eye on the message boards.

Just over 1 week away --- can't wait!!!!

Ksauce    0

Where is everyone meeting up before and after the show in Arlington, TX? 

I would love to meet, chat, and hang out with fellow U2 fans! I Plan on being there in the AM!