Sign in to follow this  
jdv_99

Rehearsals

Anyone know if the band is rehearsing in Houston?  The Stage is being constructed at NRG stadium.

Anyone know if the band is rehearsing in Houston?  The Stage is being constructed at NRG stadium.

I thought they were opening in Vancouver.... What are they doing in Houston ?..... ......When they were preparing for the 360...the stage was built in Belgium....But it was assembled at Camp Nou, Barcelona a week before the show....During that week U2 rehearsed the set plus some rare songs......That's why I'm wondering.....Shouldn't they be rehearsing in Vancouver ?  What are the practical reasons of working to assemble the stage in Houston, rehearse there then take it down , only to work again on reassembling it in Vancouver....On the other hand, maybe the stadium in Vancouver isn't free during this time....

Edited by pain_18_

They are opening in Vancouver. Whatever the reason, the stage is under construction in Houston. There are photos floating around of the stage at NRG stadium

From what I have read the BC Place Stadium was booked up for an event this past weekend. My guess is unless another event takes place between now and the opening night show, you will see the stage start construction and perhaps the band begin rehearsals. Everyone knows there will be multiple stages during the tour, generally they are building a few shows ahead, perhaps in Houston no event was booked so they were able to start construction far in advance of the show they are playing there later in May to test the build, maybe the other venues between the opener and Houston had prior events taking place there. Some think rehearsals will be in Houston but that seems odd since I believe they tend to hold the rehearsals in the city where the opener takes place, in this case Vancouver again. I am sure more news will get out there this coming week. Perhaps if its like the last tour, where rehearsals started nearly a month in advance of the show and took place nightly during the week, it will begin later this week.

From what I have read the BC Place Stadium was booked up for an event this past weekend. My guess is unless another event takes place between now and the opening night show, you will see the stage start construction and perhaps the band begin rehearsals. Everyone knows there will be multiple stages during the tour, generally they are building a few shows ahead, perhaps in Houston no event was booked so they were able to start construction far in advance of the show they are playing there later in May to test the build, maybe the other venues between the opener and Houston had prior events taking place there. Some think rehearsals will be in Houston but that seems odd since I believe they tend to hold the rehearsals in the city where the opener takes place, in this case Vancouver again. I am sure more news will get out there this coming week. Perhaps if its like the last tour, where rehearsals started nearly a month in advance of the show and took place nightly during the week, it will begin later this week.

Oh yeah...I totally forgot that...On the 360...there were Three Stages....being swapped around ....

The few things I've seen show a fairly 'stripped' down stage. But it is probably easier to have a few stages up and ready??