Sign in to follow this  
tamzeed_ahmed

Travelling to Metlife and back to Astoria, NYC (June 28th show)

Hi Everyone,

Can those of you from NYC please suggest means to reach the stadium and back to Astoria where I will be staying? I have reserved seat and I think reaching no later than 6pm should be good. But then, I would need to start much early to avoid rush hour.

As it is my first time in NYC and I will be travelling from the other side of the world to see them (3rd time), I'd appreciate if you anyone can share the details of the to and fro travel.

Thanks!

I believe I saw a social media post that there is a party bus leaving from NYC near 42nd Street in Manhattan - You could easily take a subway there  then the bus and hang out with other fans - It returns back to NYC then you could take the train home - There are trains to MET life as well -  Otherwise it is complete traffic rush hour hell

http://www.rocksoff.com/shows/5688

Edited by nitz1

It will not be easy. Driving from Queens, through Manhattan to get to NJ at rush hour is no one's idea of fun.

Since you are visiting, I'm going to assume that you do not have a car. Astoria is a fairly large neighborhood and there is only one subway line that goes through it - the N/W line. Your best bet is to take that subway to 42nd St/Times Square and take a NJ Transit bus to the stadium. There will be busses that run directly from Port Authority to the Stadium for the concert and they will be lined up outside the stadium at the end of the show to take passengers back to Manhattan. The 42nd St. subway station is a tangle of tracks and platforms. The N/W subway platform is the opposite side of the station from the bus terminal, but it is fairly well marked and there are always a ton of cops willing to give directions to lost tourists.

I've taken the bus to concerts and it's not the best way to go, but if you don't have a car . . . and it will be all U2 fans going to the concert.

I live in Astoria and was going to recommend the subway/bus route that bgans suggested above. I was at MetLife four times last year and it worked perfectly each time. 

I'm also trying to figure out how to get there - from Queens. I know I need to get to Port Authority/Times Square but then from there, what time do those buses from Port Authority directly to the stadium start running? I want to get there by 3 if possible.  I'm guessing they only start closer to show time?  I found this advice online from the MTA but it doesn't mention the direct buses.  Thanks!  http://web.mta.info/mta/sports/meadowlands.html

They typically start 4 hours before the printed showtime on the ticket, but they'll confirm on that site ahead of time. The Coach USA service is really good both getting in and out  

If you need to get there earlier, there is a regular NJ Transit bus out of the Port Authority that stops at the Meadowlands. I forget which route number it is. You can take that there, and then grab the Coach USA bus back after the show.