Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone have any information on what their policy/procedure is for getting in line (ie, what time, can you take a chair, coolers, etc)?  I know that each stadium has their own rules.  I've checked the stadiums website, emailed a couple people, even called and talked to someone in the ticket office.  She acted like I was speaking a foreign language!  She took my number and was going to call me back...that was a week ago.  I will keep trying.

Update: I have spoken with someone from the stadium. They have not finalized plans for the GA line process yet. She said that she would notify me when they have. Probably in a week or 2. I will update when I find out.

Thanks Jenwal for doing this!  Based on posts about GA at the first couple of shows, I don't know what to expect.  The line seems to start earlier every tour!

Not yet! They have not called me back.  I've waited patiently long enough!  I will start calling again tomorrow.  I'm would guess their plans have changed a bit considering what happened in Manchester.

Seems that regardless of what the venue says, there is a line started by U2 fans much earlier.  I'll be happy to pitch in and help out with anyone wanting to do this.  I read that in Houston the venue security tried to break up the fan-run line, but also that numbers continued to be given out. 

Let's do it!

They finally called me back, and still don't have any information yet.  She told me to call back middle of next week??!!

Also, drusilda...I'd love to help, but I won't be getting in town until 2 pm (I'm driving from 4 hours away and will have other friends with me).  I've read some interesting posts in Chicago about the leaders of "the list" and how they bully the line and how the list is created weeks in advance...I'm most definitely not one of those people!!

Definitely not either.  I always assumed The List was started at the venue.  I'll be getting in the day before the show, so will just have a look around the stadium and see what's going on.  And keep checking here for updates!  Thanks Jenwal!

Hello everyone :D, I talked to Papa John's Cardinal Stadium yesterday June 8th... Well they STILL DON"T KNOW WHAT IN TARNATION THEY ARE DOING!

I'm really beginning to think they do NOT have a clue at all when it comes to concerts, especially U2 crowds...

I've grown up in Southern Indiana and have been to multiple concerts at the Louisville expo center and other locations in the area,

personally speaking I would have thought that Papa John's would have consulted with other venue's in the area and gotten a clue by now, LOL..

I hope to meet a lot of you there at the Lou gig!! Have a Beautiful Day!

I plan to come in from Cincy around noon, with my 6 year old granddaughter (my daughter can't make the show). The weather reported that it will be extremely hot and uncomfortable (101 heat index).  Is anyone familiar with the facilities around the stadium... trees or access to shade?  

Trying to decide if I should rent a room and let her swim in the afternoon, and just show up late.  Unfortunately, if we do that, we will be WAAAAAY back and she won't be able to see anything.  On the other hand, we can come early and endure, but the 3 hour wait between stadium entry and actual show will be equally as uncomfortable, without access to ice, cooler, etc., as I experienced in Chicago a few weeks ago. 

Unfortunately, looking at the Google Maps street view of the parking lots around the stadium, it looks like everything is exposed to direct sun.  I'm not seeing anything that amounts to any kind of shade anywhere.  Anyone lining up from 8am in is going to be in for a long and hot day from what I can see.

We have GA floor tickets.  We'll probably get the the lots shortly after they open around 2, have a couple drinks, and then head on in.  Don't really care where we are on the floor as long as we are in there.

This is my first U2 show and all the chatter from other cities about GA admission has me worried.  What should I expect if I am unable to get to the GA gate until around 5pm to  6pm?

If it was Chicago, New York, or Boston, I would be worried. In Tampa, I showed up toward the end of the opening act and still got within 8 people from the end of the Joshua Tree stage.