Sign in to follow this  
iinsure

Rehearsals (Includes Spoilers)

So what are they playing at these rehearsals, I want all the updates... Bwahahahahahah Vegas has them playing Acrobat on this tour at $1million to 1 ... I placed a $5 bet on it. ;)

Spoiler..

Heard so far..

Pride

NYD

Streets

Red hill

SBS

Exit

BD

WOWY

ISHFWILF

Miss S

Unknown song

Bullet

That's 12, so another 12ish to go for a full set, 6 from JT leaves another 5 we know as left to play on JT makes 17. Which leaves around 6 or 7 songs left they can choose to play with possibly OL if it gets chosen.

"Borrowed" from atU2.com:

U2's first full day of Joshua Tree Tour 2017 rehearsals inside BC Place stadium is in the books after almost 10 hours. Fans and passers-by were posting on Twitter and Instagram since about 2:00 pm PT, reporting that they're plainly able to hear the band perform elsewhere in downtown Vancouver.

We kept track as best we could of the band's rehearsal setlist, which is presented below as we posted it with some notes indicating things we're not positive about.

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

1.) "Pride"
2.) "Where The Streets Have No Name" (video clip below)
3.) "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
4.) "With Or Without You"
5.) "New Year's Day" (not full song)
6.) "Bullet The Blue Sky" (not sure if full song)
7.) "Exit" (not sure if full song)
8.) "Miss Sarajevo" (not sure if full song)

The above songs were all performed in the mid-afternoon hours. The band took some breaks here and there. This next batch of songs was played during the early evening hours.

9.) unknown song (listen here or listen here)
10.) "Red Hill Mining Town" (short clip here)
11.) "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
12.) "New Year's Day"
13.) "Bullet The Blue Sky"

There were some more stops and quiet periods with individual songs being worked on, possibly by Edge's tech, Dallas Schoo:

14.) "One Tree Hill" (guitar only)
15.) "Running To Stand Still" (keyboards only)

And then around 10:15 PM local time, the band started a lengthy run-through that went as follows, with almost no breaks aside from what sounded like some noodling/tweaking the keyboard intro to "Miss Sarajevo." Fans around the world listened to this last segment via Bjorn L.'s Periscope stream. In the Periscope app, fast forward to the 2:58 mark -- 2 hours, 58 minutes -- to listen in, and be ready to turn it up.

16.) "Bullet The Blue Sky"
17.) "Running To Stand Still"
18.) "Red Hill Mining Town" (short clip here)
19.) "In God's Country"
20.) "Trip Through Your Wires"
21.) "One Tree Hill"
22.) "Exit" (short clip here; might've included a "Gloria" snippet -- not sure)
23.) "Mothers Of The Disappeared" (with "El Pueblo Vencera" outro)
24.) "Beautiful Day"
25.) "Ultraviolet"
26.) "One"
27.) "Miss Sarajevo"
28.) unknown song (same as earlier)

And with that, at 11:30 pm PT, we now think rehearsal is finished.

These aren't the band's first tour rehearsals overall, just the first inside BC Place stadium where the tour will begin in 10 days. (Some of the production crew was working on visual elements inside the stadium Monday night.)

I'm not going to say I'm disappointed, because I know these aren't all guaranteed to be in the setlist, and others may be... However; there are some songs at this point, that I wish they would take out and replace with lesser played songs over the years. How can I not sound like a douchebag saying this? I guess I cant, but for the record, if they cut Pride/Sunday I would absolutely fine with it...

Sounds like they started around 3pm local time and based on what I saw finished up just before 11:30pm. For the last tour rehearsals were weeknights generally very late at night into the early morning hours but so far with just the one day of rehearsals behind us, they started in the afternoon and ended late at night, more than likely taking a dinner break at some point maybe. The sound clearly is easier to hear from the BC Place than the other places they rehearsed before. They more than likely rehearsed elsewhere before they arrived in Vancouver as well, curious if they follow the same schedule as last tour with rehearsals every night with weekends off.

Interesting that some last night were commenting about some BC Place staff power-washing the sidewalks outside and how stated they seem to start and stop the power washing machines when the band was preforming, some speculate this was done to create background noise so people trying to record it have a difficult time. Who knows if that is even accurate, could be just odd that crews would be out powerwashing late at night.

If you have some information from the rehearsal that could be a spoiler (like the setlist of the day or a video or audio of a certain song), as a courtesy to some of the members of the community, please consider using the spoiler tag when publishing it...

just use [ spoiler ] to open and [ / spoiler] to close, without the spaces...

so

[ spoiler ] today they rehearsed X, Y and a very long version of Z, with special guests!!! [ / spoiler ]

becomes

today they rehearsed X, Y and a very long version of Z, with special guests!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

If you have some information from the rehearsal that could be a spoiler (like the setlist of the day or a video or audio of a certain song), as a courtesy to some of the members of the community, please consider using the spoiler tag when publishing it...

just use [ spoiler ] to open and [ / spoiler] to close, without the spaces...

so

[ spoiler ] today they rehearsed X, Y and a very long version of Z, with special guests!!! [ / spoiler ]

becomes

today they rehearsed X, Y and a very long version of Z, with special guests!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

No worries, sorry about that. :-)

Again, "borrowed" from atU2.com...

From Wednesday:

U2 is back inside Vancouver's BC Place stadium for a second day of rehearsals. Although we haven't seen any tweets or audio/video clips yet, a reader outside the stadium says today's rehearsals began at about 1:30 PM PT. Yesterday, the band spent more than nine hours rehearsing (with a few breaks, of course) so we'll be watching to see if today is just as long.

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

As we did yesterday, we'll keep a running list as best we can of songs that fans are able to hear outside the stadium.

1.) "Running To Stand Still"
2.) "Red Hill Mining Town"
3.) "Miss Sarajevo"
4.) "Mothers Of The Disappeared"

After breaking for a couple hours in the afternoon, rehearsals resumed around 5:30 PM, but may not have been the full band.

5.) "One Tree Hill"
6.) "Pride" (guitar only; possibly Dallas Schoo)
7.) "Miss Sarajevo" (not full band; possibly Dallas again)

The full band began in earnest at about 6:45 PM PT. It was live streamed on Periscope by U2 fan Bjorn L.

8.) "Miss Sarajevo"
9.) unknown song (believed to be a new song called "The Little Things That Give You Away"; audio clip here)
10.) "A Sort Of Homecoming" (audio clip here)
11.) "A Sort Of Homecoming"
12.) "A Sort Of Homecoming"
13.) "A Sort Of Homecoming"

The band took a break starting at about 8:00 pm PT, and resumed at about 9:10 PM PT as follows:

14.) "A Sort Of Homecoming"
15.) "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
16.) "New Year's Day"
17.) "MLK"
18.) "Pride"
19.) "Where The Streets Have No Name"
20.) "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
21.) "With Or Without You" (short clip here)
22.) "Bullet The Blue Sky" (short clip here)
23.) "Running To Stand Still"
24.) "Red Hill Mining Town" (short clip here)
25.) "In God's Country"
26.) "Trip Through Your Wires"
27.) "One Tree Hill"
28.) "Exit" - snippet of "Gloria" (short clip here)
29.) "Mothers Of The Disappeared"
30.) "Beautiful Day"
31.) "Ultraviolet"
32.) "One"
33.) "Miss Sarajevo"

And that's how the night wrapped up -- at about 10:50 PM PT, just before the band's 11:00 PM curfew. As the evening session went along, you could hear a couple dozen fans on the streets outside the stadium cheering after every song.

That's all for tonight. More to come as U2's rehearsals continue. Follow us on Twitter for the most up-to-date information!

From Thursday:

U2 spent Thursday rehearsing for the third straight day in anticipation of next week's Joshua Tree Tour 2017 opener in Vancouver. But for a while, there was plenty of uncertainty about the band's plans. Rehearsals earlier this week started no later than 2:00 PM local time, but on Thursday fans outside BC Place stadium didn't report any sounds until shortly after 4:00 PM PT. And even then, there was some uncertainty over whether U2 was rehearsing live, whether the band's stage techs were playing/testing gear or whether it was a playback of previous rehearsals.

There were reports that "Ordinary Love" was heard in this first afternoon session, but none of our staff could confirm. What we did hear via online clips and streams included:

1.) "Red Hill Mining Town" (possibly not full band nor full song)
2.) "Exit" (short clip here)
3.) "Miss Sarajevo"

After a break, rehearsal resumed at about 6:15 PM PT, with fans hearing three more songs:

4.) "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
5.) "Pride"
6.) "Where The Streets Have No Name" (Bono only singing the chorus)

After a lengthy break, U2 began rehearsing in earnest again at about 9:15 PM PT with the following being heard:

7.) unknown song (different from the unknown song earlier this week)
8.) "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (short clip here)
9.) "New Year's Day" (short clip here and another clip here)
10.) "A Sort Of Homecoming"
11.) "MLK" (short clip here)
12.) "Pride"
13.) "Where The Streets Have No Name" (short clip here)
14.) "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (stopped and restarted a couple times) (short clip here)
15.) "With Or Without You" (short clip here and another clip here)
16.) "Bullet The Blue Sky"
17.) "Running To Stand Still"
18.) "Red Hill Mining Town"
19.) "In God's Country"
20.) "Trip Through Your Wires"
21.) "One Tree Hill"
22.) "Exit" (short clip here - listen for a new Bono "rant" at the end)
23.) "Mothers Of The Disappeared" (with "El Pueblo Vencera")

By this point, fans estimated that there were about 75 people listening outside the stadium -- see the "Exit" clip above. The band took a short break and then resumed at about 10:35 PM PT.

24.) "Pride" (stopped and started)
25.) "Where The Streets Have No Name"
26.) "Exit"

And with that, the band wrapped things up a little before 11:00 PM PT.

Day 4, again "borrowed from atu2.com

After a well-deserved break on Friday, U2 returned to BC Place stadium in Vancouver on Saturday for a fourth day of rehearsals before next week's Joshua Tree Tour 2017 opener.

There was little activity at the stadium until late Saturday afternoon. The band seems to have begun around 5:00 PM PT and, over the course of about two hours, worked on these songs with a lot of stops and starts, multiple takes, etc.:

1.) "Running To Stand Still"
2.) "Trip Through Your Wires"
3.) "Miss Sarajevo"
4.) "A Sort Of Homecoming"
5.) "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
6.) "With Or Without You" (guitar only)

Some fans reported hearing work on "Beautiful Day" and "Red Hill Mining Town," too, but no one from our staff heard those so we're not going to put them in the list above. As always, it's also possible that some/all of the song work above was done by the band's techs.

U2 took the stage at about 9:00 pm PT, following the schedule established earlier in the week, for what's definitively a live, full-band rehearsal. Here's what they played:

7.) "New Year's Day"
8.) "A Sort Of Homecoming"
9.) "MLK"
10.) "Pride"
11.) "Where The Streets Have No Name"
12.) "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
13.) "With Or Without You"
14.) "Bullet The Blue Sky" (with a bit of Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog")
15.) "Running To Stand Still"
16.) "Red Hill Mining Town"
17.) "In God's Country"
18.) "Trip Through Your Wires"
19.) "One Tree Hill"
20.) "Exit"
21.) "Mothers Of The Disappeared" (with "El Pueblo Vencera")
22.) "Beautiful Day"
23.) "Ultraviolet"
24.) "One" (with some kind of spoken word intro)
25.) "Miss Sarajevo" (with some kind of female voice intro)

After "Miss Sarajevo," there was a brief playing of keyboards that could've been the new song heard earlier this week ... or could've been nothing at all.

And that appears to be the end of rehearsal, which wrapped up at about 10:40 PM PT.

Day 5, "borrowed" again from atu2.com.

After a day off Sunday, U2 was back at BC Place stadium in Vancouver on Monday for its fifth day of rehearsals. The band arrived in the late afternoon and spent a couple hours working on a number of songs, often stopping restarting and sometimes only playing very brief versions. As always, for these afternoon songs, it's possible that some or all were not the band performing, but their stage techs.

A very brief clip of the first song can be heard here -- we're having an internal staff debate whether it's "I Still Haven't Found..." or something else. After that, fans outside the stadium heard the following:

1.) "I Still Haven't Found..." / other? (see above)
2.) "Red Hill Mining Town"
3.) "Running To Stand Still"
4.) "Where The Streets Have No Name"
5.) "Pride" (very brief bit of the song)
6.) "Where The Streets Have No Name" (abbreviated)
7.) "Ultraviolet"
8.) "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (stopped and restarted)

After a lengthy break, and with a few dozen fans listening outside, the band took the stage shortly before 9:00 PM PT for another rehearsal of what appears to be most (or all) of the actual set they'll play during Friday's opener:

9.) "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
10.) "New Year's Day"
11.) "A Sort Of Homecoming"
12.) "MLK"
13.) "Pride"
14.) "Where The Streets Have No Name"
15.) "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
16.) "With Or Without You"
17.) "Bullet The Blue Sky"
18.) "Running To Stand Still"
19.) "Red Hill Mining Town"
20.) "In God's Country"
21.) "Trip Through Your Wires"
22.) "One Tree Hill"
23.) "Exit"
24.) "Mothers Of The Disappeared"

After a short break, similar to an encore break, rehearsal continued with:

25.) "Beautiful Day"
26.) "Ultraviolet"
27.) "One"
28.) "Miss Sarajevo"

Some of our crew thought they could hear more rehearsing after "Miss Sarajevo" -- a very quiet version of the new song that U2 has practiced in previous rehearsals. It's possible the band is working on that song and/or others with the stadium's public address speakers off so that no one outside can hear.

So if you go with the idea of them playing 23-25 songs, should we assume that the following which haven't been rehearsed will make it into the mix?

I will follow, bad, city of blinding lights?....  Cant imagine they don't at the minimum become the swap out songs?

Bad, RHMT, Exit, and a certain song that's being rehearsed regularly that hasn't been played in a long time, all in the same set? Y'all gonna need that power washer to wipe up my exploded molecules all over the floor. 

Day 6, still no Bad. :unsure:

Again, "borrowed" from atu2.com

U2 continued Joshua Tree tour rehearsals Tuesday night in Vancouver, but it was a very short night compared to prior rehearsals.

The band arrived at BC Place late in the afternoon and, not too long after that, fans outside the stadium heard a group of songs that we (and they) seem to agree was not U2 rehearsing, but either playback of previous rehearsals or more likely the band's stage techs playing (because there was little singing heard in this first group of songs):

"In God's Country"
"Elevation" (short clip here)
"Red Hill Mining Town" (organ only)
"A Sort Of Homecoming"

After that, all was quiet until about 10:15 PM PT when what sounded like an actual band rehearsal began with these songs:

1.) "Where The Streets Have No Name"
2.) "Pride"
3.) "Where The Streets Have No Name"
4.) "Bullet The Blue Sky"
5.) "Running To Stand Still" (twice)
6.) "Red Hill Mining Town"
7.) "In God's Country"
8.) "Trip Through Your Wires"
9.) "One Tree Hill"

At that point, U2 had run up right against the 11:00 PM PT curfew and continued with the sound so low it was barely audible outside the stadium. Still, rehearsal continued with:

10.) "Exit"
11.) "Mothers Of The Disappeared"
12.) "Beautiful Day" (audio was turned back up for this song and remained up until the end)
13.) "Elevation"
14.) "Beautiful Day"

And with that, rehearsal seemed to come to an end. (Thanks to Bjorn and Vid for the live streams.) U2's expected to do a final rehearsal on Wednesday. The tour begins Friday!

Day 7! Again, "borrowed" from atu2.com

U2 was back inside BC Place stadium on Wednesday for what's expected to be the band's final rehearsal before The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 begins on Friday. Band members began arriving at about 4:30 PM PT, and only Bono stopped to visit with fans and sign autographs before heading inside. Today's his 57th birthday, and the gathered crowd didn't miss the opportunity to give him birthday cards, signs and more in honor of his special day.

Shortly after Bono went inside, fans heard several songs being practiced -- again, we're not 100 percent sure if this was the band playing, their stage techs, or even playback from earlier rehearsals. In any case, here's what fans heard in the afternoon:

"Pride"
"Where The Streets Have No Name"
"Beautiful Day"
"Elevation"
"Ultraviolet"
"One"
"In God's Country"
"Red Hill Mining Town" (instrumental)

After several hours of quiet, the full rehearsal began a little before 9:00 PM PT and saw U2 playing a similar set of songs to what they've played in previous rehearsals:

1.) "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
2.) "New Year's Day"
3.) "A Sort Of Homecoming"
4.) "MLK"
5.) "Pride"
6.) "Where The Streets Have No Name"
7.) "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
8.) "With Or Without You"
9.) "Bullet The Blue Sky"
10.) "Running To Stand Still"
11.) "Red Hill Mining Town"
12.) "In God's Country"
13.) "Trip Through Your Wires"
14.) "One Tree Hill"
15.) "Exit"
16.) "Mothers Of The Disappeared" (with "El Pueblo Vencera")
17.) "Beautiful Day"
18.) "Elevation"
19.) "Ultraviolet"
20.) "One"
21.) "Miss Sarajevo"

At this point, the stadium's public address system went quiet, while some fans thought they could hear the band continuing to practice inside.