febottini

2017 Subscription Gift Announced

119 posts in this topic

I'd much prefer wax cylinders, full on mono sound!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frankaz said:

I'd much prefer wax cylinders, full on mono sound!

  Have U2 just show up at our homes to perform.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frankaz said:

I'd much prefer wax cylinders, full on mono sound!

:D

Now, I would buy a wax cylinder player, if they released the gift that way. :)

 

7 minutes ago, pain_18_ said:

Read my mind.....!!!!

I think 24-96 WAV is the best thing right now....

Yes - that's my favorite format too - but FLAC and Apple Lossless are good formats as well.

Please, Powers-That-Be, anything but mp3's for the download...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frankaz said:

I'd much prefer wax cylinders, full on mono sound!

Just not beeswax, soy wax sounds better.

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frankaz said:

I'd much prefer wax cylinders, full on mono sound!

 

22 minutes ago, CorkVegan said:

Just not beeswax, soy wax sounds better.

 

?

 

:D

 

So, to recap - we, the non-vinyl U2 fan community, would prefer the following in place of (crappy) mp3's:

1) FLAC/Apple Lossless flies

2) WAV files

3) Wax cylinders (soy wax, strongly preferred)

 

Are we agreed? :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Amen brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want no wild honey on my cylinders .....If you know what I'm saying.......But would be very satisfied with her " Velvet Dress".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/05/2017 at 0:37 AM, dmway said:

 

 

:D

 

So, to recap - we, the non-vinyl U2 fan community, would prefer the following in place of (crappy) mp3's:

1) FLAC/Apple Lossless flies

2) WAV files

3) Wax cylinders (soy wax, strongly preferred)

 

Are we agreed? :)

 

Wax Cylinders are the greatest of all formats tbh. And never-mind that modern DVD nonsense, give us Beta-Max! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 7:37 PM, dmway said:

 

 

:D

 

So, to recap - we, the non-vinyl U2 fan community, would prefer the following in place of (crappy) mp3's:

1) FLAC/Apple Lossless flies

2) WAV files

3) Wax cylinders (soy wax, strongly preferred)

 

Are we agreed? :)

 

 

On 5/14/2017 at 4:24 PM, Frankaz said:

Wax Cylinders are the greatest of all formats tbh. And never-mind that modern DVD nonsense, give us Beta-Max! :D

YES! :D

We forgot 8-track tape as well. ;)

But seriously...

Please, powers-that-be, high-quality downloads for the vinyl-non-loving/non-possessing community here...please...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2017 at 6:09 PM, dmway said:

 

YES! :D

We forgot 8-track tape as well. ;)

But seriously...

Please, powers-that-be, high-quality downloads for the vinyl-non-loving/non-possessing community here...please...

 

Beta Max is no good to me I wish it was issued in Super8;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Frankaz said:

I'm reading !  Excellent article.....They can always issue CDs in BIG Picture Sleeve-Like Packaging (see U22) or Hardback Books Even (See HTDDAAB, NLOTH, From the Ground UP !).....Problem solved....Audio-quality AND Cool Packaging//Artwork !!!  Additionally....since CDs ware down, eventually or can get easily damaged or scratched (happens to me all the time) we can have the WAV//FLAC download (code) with special hardback book,,,,,as an option !

Edited by pain_18_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep.

Quote

However, it was little surprise to me that my recording engineer fellows at the IEEE event had little time for the vinyl revival. For them, it is simply a smartphone-in-a-glass-tumbler for hipsters

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Frankaz said:

Yep.

 

"Going back to crappy vinyl is like getting miffed with Netflix and reverting to VHS."

Aw c'mon man.....The conclusion is simple...The worst formats ever are mp3 and Vinyl and they have to go......What " heart" should they get from anyone..............

Edited by pain_18_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody, I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I need help. I renewed my subscription on May 14th and I got my confirmation, but I received a mail telling me that my subscription is expiring. Somebody can help me? (In my account info everything is ok). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get your confirmation when you renewed? Does your account page show the correct expire date? If so, should be fine. If you think there is a problem, contact customer support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes and yes. I did get my confirmation and my account info says that the expiring date is May 2018. I contacted the customer care but no answer so far. Btw thanks for answering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been into my account today, looking for the REDEEM button. 

No luck. 

Tried confirming and then updating address info. But the REDEEM option doesnt show up at all. 

The solutions that are on here (from a few days ago) dont seem to be working for me. 

Help, anyone....Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, russellscarbro said:

Been into my account today, looking for the REDEEM button. 

No luck. 

Tried confirming and then updating address info. But the REDEEM option doesnt show up at all. 

The solutions that are on here (from a few days ago) dont seem to be working for me. 

Help, anyone....Any ideas?

When did you renew your subscription?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2017 at 5:08 PM, Frankaz said:

 

On 5/21/2017 at 6:19 PM, pain_18_ said:

I'm reading !  Excellent article.....They can always issue CDs in BIG Picture Sleeve-Like Packaging (see U22) or Hardback Books Even (See HTDDAAB, NLOTH, From the Ground UP !).....Problem solved....Audio-quality AND Cool Packaging//Artwork !!!  Additionally....since CDs ware down, eventually or can get easily damaged or scratched (happens to me all the time) we can have the WAV//FLAC download (code) with special hardback book,,,,,as an option !

Thank you for posting this article, and good suggestions! :)

Please, powers-that-be...please supply FLAC/Apple Lossless and/or WAV downloads for the vinyl-non-loving/liking among us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dmway said:

 

Thank you for posting this article, and good suggestions! :)

Please, powers-that-be...please supply FLAC/Apple Lossless and/or WAV downloads for the vinyl-non-loving/liking among us!

   " Did I ask too much....More than a lot......You gave me mp3.....Now it's all I've got.....

     Some of us like FLAC...

    We're ONE....But we're not the same "

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mich40 said:

When did you renew your subscription?

January 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, russellscarbro said:

January 

Contact customer supportservice , either using the CONTACT US form in the help page (http://www.u2.com/help) or a phone call (1-800-615-1324 (inside the US) | +001-949-333-4820 (outside the US)). Have all the information about your account available (confirmation emails, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

I did my subscription yesterday (U2com12 Premium New Subscription Package 2017: 2017 Gift + Double Vinyl).

How long to receive the 2017 gift and double vinyl?

 

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Negreirosr said:

Hello!

I did my subscription yesterday (U2com12 Premium New Subscription Package 2017: 2017 Gift + Double Vinyl).

How long to receive the 2017 gift and double vinyl?

 

Thanks!

 

It will be sent in September....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.