Sign in to follow this  
Nameless

Looking to sell 2 GAs for Sunday, June 4th

I have 2 GA tickets for the Sunday June 4th show. My gf and I were going to enjoy Chicago for the weekend, but now she's going to be out of the country. As I am nearly blind, I do not feel like doing Chicago on my own. I am looking to sell (face value + fees) and I would cancel and ship my credit card. As I really do not want to miss the tour, I am open to a swap for FedEx field and might consider others.

On 5/9/2017 at 0:14 PM, Nameless said:

I have 2 GA tickets for the Sunday June 4th show. My gf and I were going to enjoy Chicago for the weekend, but now she's going to be out of the country. As I am nearly blind, I do not feel like doing Chicago on my own. I am looking to sell (face value + fees) and I would cancel and ship my credit card. As I really do not want to miss the tour, I am open to a swap for FedEx field and might consider others.

I am interested, lets talk

I'd buy the 2 tickets. Not sure what you mean by you'd cancel and ship your credit card?  Sorry about your gf not being able to go.

Edited by surrenders
Added more text

5 hours ago, surrenders said:

I'd buy the 2 tickets. Not sure what you mean by you'd cancel and ship your credit card?  Sorry about your gf not being able to go.

The GA is Credit Card Entry. Meaning, at the entry point a Venue Staff will take the credit card used to purchase and swipe on a portable printer. Then you get small thin paper print ticket to have scanned for entry.  

So this kind fellow would have to Snail Mail his credit card to the would be buyer of said tickets.  

On 5/11/2017 at 8:50 PM, Zoellner7 said:

The GA is Credit Card Entry. Meaning, at the entry point a Venue Staff will take the credit card used to purchase and swipe on a portable printer. Then you get small thin paper print ticket to have scanned for entry.  

So this kind fellow would have to Snail Mail his credit card to the would be buyer of said tickets.  

I kind of thought that's what he meant but you never know.  Not sure how wise it is to mail your credit card to someone though.  Do people actually do that?  Geez, they've really messed up concert ticket buying and trading.  I miss the really old days where you read the ads in the paper and met the person somewhere and exchanged $ and tickets LOL.

The problem with even the 'old' style exchange is with the advent of print at home tickets, sellers will just make 50 copies and sell them all (at least you've got their burner cell phone number or disposable email address,lol). Unless you know the person personally it's gotten pretty tough to buy tickets on the 2ndary market outside of stubhub etc.  even in this case there is no guarantee the CC you get will be the right one or even the persons selling the tickets (though people are these boards are pretty trustworthy).   2ndary market buyers are assuming all of the risk in these transactions with no recourse if it doesn't work out. 

On 5/12/2017 at 10:47 PM, surrenders said:

I kind of thought that's what he meant but you never know.  Not sure how wise it is to mail your credit card to someone though.  Do people actually do that?  Geez, they've really messed up concert ticket buying and trading.  I miss the really old days where you read the ads in the paper and met the person somewhere and exchanged $ and tickets LOL.

In my home town, I met someone who gave me a canceled credit card along with a photo copy of his ID with his driver's number blacked out. I am assuming the seller trust me because I was buying tickets to take my 5 year old son to his first concert that happened to be MUSE!