Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

Vancouver Live Thread #U2TheJoshuaTree2017

I hate politics...I think it's the worst thing ever invented on our good green Earth. Just another reason to make people hate each other..and that's only one of them.

...........I wish for peace, love and music...........I love U2 but so sorry they're strongly political...I know...from their very early days that's what they've been doing.....However, I always try my hardest to stay focused on their more abstract, artistic side........ I know one can't ignore reality ....etc etc......... My 2 cents is neither Trump nor Hillary  were any good and I certainly think politically correctness isn't good..... .....  I don't wanna convince anyone to think anything.......Just listen to the last song...it seems so calm, refreshing, at peace with whatever comes and at the same time abstractly desperate.....Anyone can relate....THIS is the U2 I love.....Where the little things give them away.....where the streets have no name, PLEASE !!!

Off with the horns, on with the show.....and it's the stuff, the stuff of country songs...but I guess there's something to go on.....

PS : Quoting Alexis Zorbas from the book with the same name by Nikos Kazantsakis....After Zorbas killed the parents of some children, just because he was " on the other fence of the war" ... then he had to provide food for the children who were crying asking where their parents went....desperate and almost choking to death from crying....Zorbas recalls and concludes the story, telling his "patron" :

" I swear, boss... I'm not even gonna ask a man if he's good or bad ever again.....Things in life are always at least in a shade of gray .......Good and Evil?  Well. what's that ???  "

How should we conduct our lives as citizens if not for politics? Good question....But remember....Even in Ancient Greece...where Democracy has its rots, there were false elections, people were ostracized  on false votes and other dirty business....isn't it the law of the jungle at a planetary scale since the dawn of time ? The bigger, more powerful countries override the weakest by different kinds of war.......

.....Nothing's new under the sun as Wise King Solomon put it so good.....So.... Where do we gooooooo (sorry, I love POP).....

Edited by pain_18_

Can someone explain the fiasco over floor seats purchase using the new system where you claim your tickets with a credit card?  I heard this did not work.  It would make way more sense to let people pick up there tick the day of the concert and then enter the stadium w/ everyone else. 

14 hours ago, WildWilly said:

Can someone explain the fiasco over floor seats purchase using the new system where you claim your tickets with a credit card?  I heard this did not work.  It would make way more sense to let people pick up there tick the day of the concert and then enter the stadium w/ everyone else. 

We queued in an atrociously long line up at 7pm, was still in line 30 minutes later when Mumford And Sons started their set, then got to the door where they scanned my credit card then handed me two stubs. We got to see Mumford's last 2 songs. We were in line for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

But don't let the reports fool you. It wasn't just the credit card entry that caused the backlog of ticket holders waiting to get in. B.C. Place had half of their entrances opened and only on person per door was taking tickets.

Thankfully, the concert washed all of my frustrations. I hope Seattle's entrance situation was better... 

They're already sounding tighter (just finished watching some of the Seattle videos.)

Moral of the story: go to night #2 of a tour, not opening night! ;)