Sign in to follow this  
VincentIMD

Rose Bowl Parking

I'm a little worried about parking for the Rose Bowl for the show on the 20th. I just got an email about parking lots opening four hours prior to the beginning of the concert, at 2:30 PM. I was planning on driving up at 6AM to wait in line but don't know the Pasadena area at all.

Can someone who has waited early for shows at the Rose Bowl suggest where I can park the morning of the 20th?

You'll have to park outside and around the stadium. Be careful, there are many restricted parking around the homes. You might have to park far away and just walk in. 

I'm hoping that they hear the grumbling from the U2 fans who plan on arriving early to line up for GA and change the time the lot opens. I was there for the show in 2009, and while I don't remember the specific time the main lot opened, it was open when I arrived sometime around 8am. Having it open at 2:30, and then asking in the email for everyone to arrive by 4:30? That's going to lead to a cluster f, and the GA folks (myself included) will cause chaos trying to find parking in the surrounding neighborhoods (because there ain't much to be found). 

Agreed - showing up at 2:30 will be disastrous.  Park far away, try to find a bus, or just walk a mile or more.  I'll be there as early as possible for the Sunday show, after finding out how it actually worked on Saturday.

Going to a U2 show, for us "true fans" with GA, is nothing like going to other concerts, is it?

Edited by Rich T.

I sent a tweet to the Rose Bowl today saying that it would be much better for everyone if the lots opened up much earlier since there will be so many people lining up early for GA. Hopefully they come to their senses. I'm not big on parking far away for this because if we're in line for ten or so hours, it's nice to have access to the car to bring back chairs/sunscreen/sunglasses/whatever else we may have with us that we don't want to bring inside. 

I went 6am and was able to find a free street parking close to the stadium in 2009. With so many activities going, not sure how it goes this time.

I'm thinking Park far away and Uber or Walk 30 min.