Sign in to follow this  
JohnC0310

GA Line

The line for GA on 360 was started near the staircase in front of CBS Scene. After a larger crowd started to gather on the mornings of the shows, the group was brought down the staircase to the driveway area leading into the stadium (i.e. the lighthouse and bridge area that opens directly to the field). The nice thing about Gillette is that entry to the field is direct from that driveway, so there is no need to go through the actual stadium concourses.  

First time U2 concert goer here. What time of day is the best time to start lining up if you want a spot right by the stage?

On 5/21/2017 at 0:28 AM, bnyechase said:

First time U2 concert goer here. What time of day is the best time to start lining up if you want a spot right by the stage?

The earlier the better i would say. For I.E. tour at the Garden i was in line by 8AM and I was #50 in line and got in front of Edge.  Gillette is a march larger footprint so you should get great viewing angles

Hello everyone!

So I'm starting to think about the Boston concert organisation!

I will arrive early for sure, but for those who know this stadium (I'm French living in Québec, so I've never been to Gilette), could you please help :

Q1 : I guess there is no way to access the site by metro or whatever, so I should park the car in Gilette parking. The parking are opened early in the morning?

Q2 : at721 said that ... The line for GA on 360 was started near the staircase in front of CBS Scene, I guess this is the main entrance with the high conic stuff ?

Q3 : who will organise the number identifiction of fans lineup id? will it start on saturday? ;)

Thanks!

Céd

On 6/6/2017 at 10:57 PM, therionvox said:

Q1 : I guess there is no way to access the site by metro or whatever, so I should park the car in Gilette parking. The parking are opened early in the morning?

Hi Céd, 

I lived in the Boston area for 14 years and saw the 360 tour there. I'm also going to the Joshua Tree show. I'm doing GA this time, but I've never done the very early GA line.

Driving to Gillette can be a challenge. Traffic is awful. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to get there. I'm hoping to leave (we are staying in Braintree) for the show around noon - but I'll have to convince my husband. :) 

There is plenty of parking around the stadium. During the 360 tour, other businesses near the stadium opened their lots and allowed people to park there (for a fee, of course).

I'm sorry I can't give you advice about the GA line. Good luck and I hope you have a great time!

Allyson

I called Patriot Place security and was told (hush hush) that I could park in the cinema lot, for it is free there.  I was even told that people sometimes leave their cars overnight at the bars around there, and that is okay.  This is a way to avoid the $40 parking fee at the stadium, which I have paid in the past before thinking up this cunning.

I did not tell them I was going to a concert at Gillette Stadium.  I made out that I was going to a late night movie.

to park in the cinema lot:
Enter through gate P1 or P6 near CVS.
Park in Lot 3.
Cars can be in that lot or the lots near any of the bars overnight.

Then I thought that parking at the Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel might also be an option.

I have a GA ticket but have not decided what time to drive there yet (probably early in the morning).  I live in Cambridge.  If anyone wants to drive and hang with me, let me know.  :-)))))

* Erika

if you park close to the stadium dont plan on leaving the parking lots for about 2 hours after the show. It is without a doubt the worst post-concert exit i have ever been a part of!!!

On 6/17/2017 at 11:33 AM, allyson2008 said:

Hi Céd, 

I lived in the Boston area for 14 years and saw the 360 tour there. I'm also going to the Joshua Tree show. I'm doing GA this time, but I've never done the very early GA line.

Driving to Gillette can be a challenge. Traffic is awful. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to get there. I'm hoping to leave (we are staying in Braintree) for the show around noon - but I'll have to convince my husband. :) 

There is plenty of parking around the stadium. During the 360 tour, other businesses near the stadium opened their lots and allowed people to park there (for a fee, of course).

I'm sorry I can't give you advice about the GA line. Good luck and I hope you have a great time!

Allyson

Thanks Allyson! finally I've booked a hotel 10 mn from the stadium by foot! so I'll come on saturday then on sunday morning no traffic at all ;)

9 hours ago, jethronh said:

if you park close to the stadium dont plan on leaving the parking lots for about 2 hours after the show. It is without a doubt the worst post-concert exit i have ever been a part of!!!

thanks ... ans we thouhght we could drive bacl to Montreal during the night .... ;(

On 6/17/2017 at 3:28 PM, tfls said:

I called Patriot Place security and was told (hush hush) that I could park in the cinema lot, for it is free there.  I was even told that people sometimes leave their cars overnight at the bars around there, and that is okay.  This is a way to avoid the $40 parking fee at the stadium, which I have paid in the past before thinking up this cunning.

I did not tell them I was going to a concert at Gillette Stadium.  I made out that I was going to a late night movie.

to park in the cinema lot:
Enter through gate P1 or P6 near CVS.
Park in Lot 3.
Cars can be in that lot or the lots near any of the bars overnight.

Then I thought that parking at the Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel might also be an option.

I have a GA ticket but have not decided what time to drive there yet (probably early in the morning).  I live in Cambridge.  If anyone wants to drive and hang with me, let me know.  :-)))))

* Erika

if you plan to park in the cinema or restaurant lot, the attendant will ask to see your receipt from a restaurant or the movies upon your exit or you will be asked to pay parking.  We got pegged at a pats game.  It is hit/miss, but be prepared you may still have to cough up your $$.

19 hours ago, jethronh said:

I remember this on 360.  Took us 2.5 hours the first night just to get out of the lot.  I couldn't handle that for the second night as I had a baby at home, so I sadly left the show before the last song was over.  And I parked in one of the lots a 15 minute walk away. It worked and I was out of there in a flash. But man it felt so wrong to leave early!!

Thank, R. Henson, for the tip on the receipt.  I'll have a think about a plan on how to solve that one.

1. Park at the hotel.

2. Find a spot open for brunch and buy something before heading to the stadium.  I wonder if the attendant wil look at the time on the receipt.

4 hours ago, tfls said:

Thank, R. Henson, for the tip on the receipt.  I'll have a think about a plan on how to solve that one.

1. Park at the hotel.

2. Find a spot open for brunch and buy something before heading to the stadium.  I wonder if the attendant wil look at the time on the receipt.

they ABSOLUTELY look at the time stamp on the receipt.  They get Paid to make sure you pay.  Just the way it works during BIG concert events.  You could grab food AFTER or hit one of the bars on the way out and maybe bluff your way out of the parking lot.....

On 2017-6-19 at 10:16 PM, irishmonk said:

I am in Boston and will check it out on Friday. Will let everyone know then!

?

I contacted the Patriots Ticket office and asked about GA information, if wristbands will be handed out, they said they won't know anything until U2's management team arrives. The ticket office said usually they find out the morning of the concert around 7AM. I emailed them on Tuesday (6/20) and will follow-up on Friday (6/23) whereas they aren't open over the weekend, maybe they will know more. I know during the 360 tour 'unofficial' wristbands were handed out the night before but when we showed up to get in line they were rendered useless. When I attended the IE tour in Boston you got a wristband in the morning and returned around 5PM and got in line in by wristband number. Hopefully Gillette Stadium will do the same.

On the Gillette stadium website they are saying parking lots open at 2:30, and the gates at 5 pm.  That still doesn't help a whole lot.  Doesn't u2.com usually put out info on the website?

I can't get through to the ticket office... anyone know what the wristband situation is?

Hac - as of 2 pm they told me they will not know until day of that it is the decision of management.