Max Tsukino

u2thejoshuatree
Seattle Live Thread #U2TheJoshuaTree2017

285 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Heather S said:

Where were you filming from pain_18_.  Looks like you had loads of room! Looks awesome. Well done.

Not ME....I'm just sharing what other fine people did !

Edited by pain_18_

Any tips from Seattle about where's the best place to stand to see the show, if you have GA?    I'm trying to plan ahead for Santa Clara and Pasadena.

I was thinking of right in front of the B stage, to see them up close at the beginning, and then see the main stage screen while not being super-far away.

Trying to get close to the main stage seems less good:  pushy crowd (even though U2 crowds are mostly polite), have to look up at higher stage, big security distance between you and the band, and can't see the screen images properly.

Do they ever come back to the B stage after the first 5 songs?  Like for the final encore??  If so, that would probably seal the deal for me.

Do they spend any significant time on the catwalk?

2 hours ago, Rich T. said:

Any tips from Seattle about where's the best place to stand to see the show, if you have GA?    I'm trying to plan ahead for Santa Clara and Pasadena.

I was thinking of right in front of the B stage, to see them up close at the beginning, and then see the main stage screen while not being super-far away.

Trying to get close to the main stage seems less good:  pushy crowd (even though U2 crowds are mostly polite), have to look up at higher stage, big security distance between you and the band, and can't see the screen images properly.

Do they ever come back to the B stage after the first 5 songs?  Like for the final encore??  If so, that would probably seal the deal for me.

Do they spend any significant time on the catwalk?

They go back to stage B again as a band but also Bono, and sometimes Larry and Edge throughout the performance will go down there.

9 hours ago, Idvikin said:

They go back to stage B again as a band but also Bono, and sometimes Larry and Edge throughout the performance will go down there.

Thanks!

Watching the clips from this concert (and Vancouver) and holy Jeebus, did enough of y'all have your phones out the entire show?  Every crowd shot of the GA groups and all I saw was  asea of cell phone screens and nobody moving to the music.

What's the point of going to the show if you're just going to stand there like a zombie and record the whole thing?

5 minutes ago, StinkyJay said:

Watching the clips from this concert (and Vancouver) and holy Jeebus, did enough of y'all have your phones out the entire show?  Every crowd shot of the GA groups and all I saw was  asea of cell phone screens and nobody moving to the music.

What's the point of going to the show if you're just going to stand there like a zombie and record the whole thing?

While I totally agree with you, meaning I wouldn't photograph and record if I were there, I'd live the moment.......It's very nice to see some people sacrificed their experience for us (i.e me) who can't be there in person, so I can watch the concert myself..........

5 minutes ago, pain_18_ said:

While I totally agree with you, meaning I wouldn't photograph and record if I were there, I'd live the moment.......It's very nice to see some people sacrificed their experience for us (i.e me) who can't be there in person, so I can watch the concert myself..........

You don't think that affects the band too?  I totally get why Bono hates the practice.

Buy the DVD if you want to see the concert and can't go.  Don't ruin it for everyone else and the band.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, StinkyJay said:

You don't think that affects the band too?  I totally get why Bono hates the practice.

Buy the DVD if you want to see the concert and can't go.  Don't ruin it for everyone else and the band.

I totally agree with that.....I went to some others artists' concerts and didn't like it at all when a sea of phones blocked my visions to the stage........However, I'm grateful for the people who uploaded videos.........I can't just wait for the dvd to hear the new song.....which might not even be included on the dvd, who knows....!!!!!

Edited by pain_18_

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, StinkyJay said:

myself, the last thing I'd be holding up in the air is my phone. If people can film or take a few photos without impeding someone else's view, I'm ok with that. however there are too many people who just throw their hand up in the air with their phone or camera and it stays there for 30 minutes. this isn't just at U2 concerts (I haven't seen U2 since December 2010), Metallica have the same thing with their shows. if Rob, Kirk or James are right in front of me, my phone would be in my purse. this is what James had to say about it almost 9 years ago at the O2 Arena in London. 

what's great is, the guy filming it (the footage we are watching) ends up turning his phone off to enjoy the show.

Edited by BigBunny
bad gramerrrr

On 5/14/2017 at 10:00 PM, Max Tsukino said:

I believe the cowgirl swinging the lasso is Morleigh (Mrs. The Edge 2 U)