Hey Looking to know how the RZ experience was in Vancouver?  Was it located where you thought? How was the view?  Any pictures you have would be great and appreciated.  I am going to be in the RZ for Chicago and wanted to get some idea what I am in for so please share your experiences.

Thanks!!

I want to know too.....especially about access. It looked from what I could see of some pictures, like there was GA around the redzone. Can you get in and out of the redzone ok once you are in or do you have to then fight your way through a crowd of GA.  not that I want to be going in and out but I may need to go and sit down somewhere as standing for that long may be difficult.  Was the queue long to get redzone access. Do you get a wristband or something if you go out of the redzone. Also, if you are redzone, can you get to one of the seats as well or is that a totally separate entry process. I have a seat as well you see in case I can not manage to stand ?It's the same stadium side as redzone and pretty near the redzone too. I wanted to know if I'm going to be able to get to the entrance for the stand once  I'm in the redzone.  Otherwise I will sell it!  Sorry for all the questions but these logistics matter at the moment, just because of mobility.

thank you!

The pictures from those in the RZ looked great last night. I, too, can't wait to hear from those who were actually there, or will be there sometime this tour.

Looking forward to my first U2 concert (RZ in Cleveland on 7/1).

I also would like to know what time should we arrive to RZ? Will be flying to Miami for the June 11th show. Also, are there port a pottys this time or do we have to leave rz? 1st time I'll be alone so I'll have no one to hold my spot! 

Edited by Sedona

I've done RED zone a few times. Its not GA, you won't need to arrive super early. Its why you buy the RED zone, guaranteed great spot & proceeds go to charity. 

Personally I go about an hour before they schedule the RED zone to be banded. I can't remember the time. You'll get an email with details. You will find couple of people who go earlier. Many don't. Most will arrive in time to walk in. If you feel the need to line up super early, do GA. 

Ive always enjoyed my experience. There isnt a bad spot. Beware of people trying to creep into your good spot, especially if you make it to the rail spot. You won't get it a lot in RED zone but there's always the one in the crowd...  Talk with people around you. It makes for an even better experience & then you've just made a friend who will help you out with watching each other's spots for bathroom breaks or etc. 

In the past we were able to move freely into the GA. I would think that is the same here. Ask the RED zone people when you arrived at the stadium to be sure.

Can't speak to the actual RZ experience in YVR, but my seat was opposite the RZ entrance. There is absolutely no problem moving into general GA if you prefer. The only check is at the RZ entrance itself. Not sure if it was handled any differently when they first let everyone in. Also, my hotel overlooked the stadium and RZ check in area. There were about 15-20 people who lined up early in the morning (maybe 9am-ish) and more of a line around 2pm. But as others have said, unless you want a specific spot, there's probably no reason to line up real early. I did it in Baltimore for 360, lined up around 3pm and got a rail spot with no problem.

i have red zone for New York. From what ive seen in pics and videos, im a little disappointed.  The Ramp is set up farther left than I thought. Red Zone in NY is to the left of the ramp. It appears that when the band is on the main stage, Edge is way to the right of the ramp which leaves a extreme side view. Not directly in front of Edge as the seat guide implies. I hope this changes by venue.  Looks like the only chance to get really up close to the band in red zone if you pick a spot by the B Stage. You would at least have 5 songs at the beginning and a few at the end. Someone please correct me if im wrong. 

I was in Red Zone for Vancouver. It was my first time so I can't compare it to other tours. I was half way up the ramp between the main stage and b stage about four people back from the rail. The band used the ramp a lot so we were quite close. If I had to do it over, I think I would have tried to be closer to the front of the b stage but all vantage points were excellent. With the screen being so large, I found I was almost too close to get the full affect. It was easy to come and go and there were designated bar and bathroom facilities. Hope that helps. 

About how many people were in Red Zone?  Also, how early did you get there to line up, and do they queue you like regular GA?

10 minutes ago, Jenn_F said:

About how many people were in Red Zone?  Also, how early did you get there to line up, and do they queue you like regular GA?

Hard to say. Maybe 400-500?  I arrived at about 7pm and walked right in. There was no queue when I arrived.  They allowed Red Zone ticket holders to bypass the lines for entry. 

Taken from Red Zone. Bono is on the walkway between the main stage and B stage. 

IMG_5803.JPG

17 hours ago, x3driver said:

Hard to say. Maybe 400-500?  I arrived at about 7pm and walked right in. There was no queue when I arrived.  They allowed Red Zone ticket holders to bypass the lines for entry. 

Thank you for this info.  Was there room to spread out a bit.  I dont think I can stand that long so I was going to lean on the barriers at the back or something....not what I want to be doing but better than not being there!

There was room to spread out the further away you were from the rail. There were areas where people had sat down prior to the start of the show. I wasn't sure if there were "seats" but actually just flat areas attached to the fencing separating the GA from Red Zone. While there were people sitting there it did not look comfortable. As far as leaning against the barriers it appeared you certainly could at the side closest to the lower bowl seats. The barrier separating GA from Red Zone was jammed as it was a "rail" for the GA people. 

That is a great shot!  I was at the Joshua Tree tour 30 years ago and was trampled, so I am hoping for a much better experience :)  Once you were in, did you find it was easy to step out but still get back to your spot?  Also, it sounded like you would have preferred getting closer to the stage, rather than the ramp?

1 hour ago, Jenn_F said:

That is a great shot!  I was at the Joshua Tree tour 30 years ago and was trampled, so I am hoping for a much better experience :)  Once you were in, did you find it was easy to step out but still get back to your spot?  Also, it sounded like you would have preferred getting closer to the stage, rather than the ramp?

If you step away from the rail, have whomever you're with "spread out" so nobody takes your spot.  But even if you don't get your spot back, RZ is has a lot of room so you can still see a great show no matter where in the RZ you happen to be standing.