Sign in to follow this  
superspun

Is RED ZONE all obstructed view?

From the overhead pics I saw it seems both Mumford and U2 set up in the center stage well away from the RZ. Did anyone go and have commentary? What are the best spots within that zone? 

i noticed thesame thing. im a little disappointed.  I have Reds for NJ. I think the best spot for being close is by the B stage. at least you get 5 songs at the top of the show and maybe a few at the end.

No it's not. Best spots? I'm not sure I can answer that. You're good anywhere. I just wrote this as a response to another persons question about kids & line up times:

RED zone has turned into the GA I'm afraid. To get rail, go early the day of the show. I've heard 9 or 10 am to get rail. That said, I showed up at the stadium at 4pm (I had to work) and stood right behind the people on the rail.

People can be rude. One couple with a kid tried to push their way into the rail. Nobody was having it. Most are nice. I had some nice conversation with people around me. Make friends with the people around you & you can watch out for each other,

Its a good view from anywhere inside. GA gets the better view. The band play to them. You still get a good view of the band & Adam & Edge walk around to all sides during the songs. The band spends a decent amount of time on the B stage & that's where you see them up close & the walkway too. Keep in mind I'm short & my view of Bono was minimal. I think he walked around but I only caught random glimpses. I was stuck sort of behind a tall guy who obstucted some of my view when they were on the B stage but still managed to see quite a bit. It's easier to see them all on the main stage. The stage is tall so the entire stadium can see them on the main stage.

The RED zone isn't like previous tours. You do get a nice view but the GA is better & not as much of a wait as the GA & the freedom to move into the GA if you want. I'd suggest viewing the opening act. If you're happy with your spot, stay. Move if you're not.

Trying to compile the questions I've seen in various locations that I've been wanting answers to myself:

How many people would you guess was in the Red Zone?  Room to move around if you wanted?

Is there any kind of bathroom closer to the floor for ticket holders in GA and Red Zone or did you have to trek up to the main level?

What about the cash bar that's been mentioned.  Does that stay open for most of the show or does it close as soon as U2 takes the stage?

Thanks.

No idea on people but there is room to move when the show isn't going on. When the show is going on, no. Depends on where you are. There are plenty of people but there's some room.

There are porta potties. You'd have to leave RED zone to get to them. You are able to come & go from the area. At some point leaving & Getting back to your spot might be a challenge but it's doable. Talk to your neighbors.

There is a cash bar. No idea if it stays open during a performance. I didn't pay too much attention.