Sign in to follow this  
micoyle

Things To Do in Dublin

My wife and I are coming from the Los Angeles area to the Dublin show. It will be our first time in Dublin, and we're looking for suggestions for places to eat, drink, and be merry on other days. We're staying at the Hilton Dublin. 

5 hours ago, micoyle said:

My wife and I are coming from the Los Angeles area to the Dublin show. It will be our first time in Dublin, and we're looking for suggestions for places to eat, drink, and be merry on other days. We're staying at the Hilton Dublin. 

There are loads of things to do in Dublin on the weekend of a U2 gig.

There are the usual tourist bus things that all major cities have, hop on/off types. will take you round the historic sites and popular tourist sites.

If you want to do a U2 trail, there is one of them as well ( google this).

If you a staying at Hilton Kilmainham, the gaol opposite is worth a visit to learn about Irish history and the formation of the Irish Republic.

Sip a pint of Guinness at the gravity bar in the Guinness Storehouse, where you can see the full city and beyond from the rooftop bar.

Shopping at Grafton street, tourist pubs/café in Temple Bar . - however some great old Dublin pubs  off Grafton Street.

St Stephens Green is at the top of Grafton Street, where you might meet the band grazing their sheep......:D

Hi there -

I booked a U2 Walking Tour on Saturday the 22nd @ 10:00 am - it's about a 3.5 - 4 hour walking tour (I have seats that night so no need to line up).    So far, it's just me - send me a PM if you're interested in joining;   I'll send you the link to the website to check it out - it's received good reviews on TripAdvisor.    

good dublin pubs donoughues baggot street, mc daids harry street, statue of the great phil lynnot thin lizzy just outside mcdaids check these pubs out, bono threw a 50th birthday party for sean penn in donoghues

Good restaurants to check out in Dublin: locks portobello, forest & Marcy, tapas de Lola, fumbally cafe, Bastille, taste at Rustic, stanleys, Fallon & Byrne. Best to try to book in advance for dinner 

Theres a Hot Press U2 covers exhibition in Temple Bar cant remember exactly where but a quick google should bring it up!

1 hour ago, KazzyL said:

Theres a Hot Press U2 covers exhibition in Temple Bar cant remember exactly where but a quick google should bring it up!