Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Santa Clara Live Thread #U2TheJoshuaTree2017

so far...

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
  2. New Year's Day
  3. A Sort of Homecoming / America (snippet)
  4. Bad / America (snippet)
  5. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  6. Where the Streets Have No Name
  7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  8. With or Without You
  9. Bullet the Blue Sky
  10. Running to Stand Still
  11. Red Hill Mining Town
  12. In God's Country
  13. Trip Through Your Wires
  14. One Tree Hill
  15. Exit
  16. Mothers of the Disappeared
  17. Beautiful Day
  18. Elevation
  19. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
  20. One

U2 THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017
May 17, 2017    Santa Clara, CA    Levi's Stadium

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
  2. New Year's Day
  3. A Sort of Homecoming / America (snippet)
  4. Bad / America (snippet)
  5. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  6. Where the Streets Have No Name
  7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  8. With or Without You
  9. Bullet the Blue Sky
  10. Running to Stand Still
  11. Red Hill Mining Town
  12. In God's Country
  13. Trip Through Your Wires
  14. One Tree Hill
  15. Exit
  16. Mothers of the Disappeared
  17. Beautiful Day
  18. Elevation
  19. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
  20. One
  21. Miss Sarajevo
  22. The Little Things That You Give Away

Sources: mixlr.com/therossman/ | mixlr.com/u2start/ | mixlr.com/junior-u2br-crew/ | mixlr.com/sil-rigote--2/ | Several Periscope streams | http://www.u2gigs.com/

That guy playing " Until the end of the World " on acoustic guitar before the St Clara show !!!! Is the Bomb !!!!....Should be brought on stage and Seconded by Edge on Electric Guitar as U2 go into " Until the end of the world ",,,,, Would be so cool !!!

Hi -  Does anyone know if Bono said " we have a new album" right at the end of the show?

That's not news, they've been working on Songs of Experience for some time.  It was supposed to come out in 2017 but they did this tour and pushed back its release.

5 minutes ago, finz_89 said:

That's not news, they've been working on Songs of Experience for some time.  It was supposed to come out in 2017 but they did this tour and pushed back its release.

They said it was supposed to come out during the I+E tour....Larry said in an interview for Q-Magazine that they won't wait another 4 years until the release of their next album......then it was pushed to 2015, then 2016, 2017.....Now 2018.....But wait....Bono recently said " it might come out this decade ".....

Edited by pain_18_

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Hi -  Does anyone know if Bono said " we have a new album" right at the end of the show?

He did in fact say that; however, don't interpret that as it's coming out this week, this month, etc. You know you have to just practice patience when the guys are talking about an album. If/when it comes, it will be here and there will be much rejoicing.  

Now....carry on with this------> :IWTR_IWTH:

Thank you for clarifying and yes I wont believe anyhting until a formal announcement is made.:rolleyes:

It seems that after POP the band lost conference in themselves and every album since has been delayed by over thinking and second guessing.

Having said that I love SOI, it's the most complete statement they're released since the 90's. A true album. By comparison I think the other 21st century records are 2-3 singles surrounded by filler.

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

Lord, I hope so...from the FURIOUS TO THE FAITHFUL...SING!!!

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

Bono said: "We've got a new album... this is a song that's on it. And... we're just warming up!" They then started playing 'The Little Things that Give You Away'. Great show! :Joshua_Tree_01:

Edited by admiral_needa

I am the LAST PERSON ON EARTH apparently...that does not have a cell phone. I don't carry one, I don't use one, I don't take photos with one, I don't tweet with one, NONE OF IT...If I am not HOME, I am off the RADAR.  I get disgusted when I see all those phones...Put the phone down and MAKE GREAT MEMORIES! Leave the concert to a live feed just like we do at SURF CONTESTS WORLDWIDE, close your eyes, and start feeling the music...U2 has forgotten what that means...There is too much interference at shows now. The one song that seems to really, in all HONESTY, that has crawled into my soul is one that is not on JT..Ultraviolet is as close to perfection as you can get live now.-Going off the radar again to go catch a few waves and surf this morning

1 hour ago, wahine said:

I get disgusted when I see all those phones...Put the phone down and MAKE GREAT MEMORIES!

Agreed. Whenever the band gets close everyone holds up their phones to take pictures and videos, blocking the views of people who want to watch with…you know…their eyes. Hundreds of people taking the exact same video. Can't we elect one person to film and post it on YouTube for the rest of us? If I wanted to watch the show through a screen, I would have bought nosebleeds. Even if you don't care about the people behind you, do yourself a favor and live in the moment.

Unfortunately, this phenomenon is hardly unique to U2. This is all concerts now. Remember when people used to take "no recording allowed" seriously?

Comments on with or without you at Santa Clara? Was it Adam starting late or Bono letting people sing. It was not clear from afar. Those of you (GA) nearby, what did you see/hear?