phill pohl

[EXPLETIVE DELETED] holding cameras up

phill pohl    0

Seems to be lots of people holding phones up yet again despite bono moaning about it in the past .What is wrong with people ?is it all for bragging to their friends on social media that they were there?.Stop spoiling peoples view behind you and enjoy the show you paid to see you muppets.

Max Tsukino    76

Phill... it's ok to be angry about the phones and cameras, but please never again use that term on the forum.

Thanks...

carry on...

peterferris8    49

Totally agree on this. I'm not against taking a few photos every now and then but holding your phone up and filming for the entire show! Er, no thanks!

StinkyJay    0

I almost started a thread on this as well.  

Im watching some of the clips of the first two shows and seeing the number of people just standing their like zombie filming the concert is very disheartening. I don't remember this many people with cameras at the 360 shows. 

Put it away, move with the music and enjoy the show.

gcf1971    0

At the very least you can keep the phone at your head level or lower so that you don't disturb people behind you.  I've recorded a song or two this way in the past and never had any issues with getting a good view on film.

allyson2008    7

I have noticed this happening at a lot of shows since the invention of "Smart Phones." However, there was one show, recently, where this didn't happen so much. It was at a Garbage show. :) It was so nice to see people actually watching the show.
But... yeah, let's try to be considerate. I doubt the people who read this are the people who engage in this offensive behaviour, though.

StinkyJay    0
Just now, allyson2008 said:

I have noticed this happening at a lot of shows since the invention of "Smart Phones." However, there was one show, recently, where this didn't happen so much. It was at a Garbage show. :) It was so nice to see people actually watching the show.
But... yeah, let's try to be considerate. I doubt the people who read this are the people who engage in this offensive behaviour, though.

Go read the Vancouver show thread

StinkyJay    0
1 minute ago, allyson2008 said:

What did I miss?

Between that and the Seattle thread, in just about every crowd pic, its a sea of cell screens.  The same people who line up for the rail or get up close in GA are typically the same people who post here -- die hard U2 fans.

oisin269    0

Have to agree 100% with Phill (including the expletive deleted lol).Whats wrong with people? Take a few pictures - fine. But standing there half the night with camera aloft?Get a life!

Watch the opening of the Paris Elevation dvd. A show that half the world knew was going to be filmed and what are half the crowd doing? Filming it!!!

StinkyJay    0
6 hours ago, oisin269 said:

Have to agree 100% with Phill (including the expletive deleted lol).Whats wrong with people? Take a few pictures - fine. But standing there half the night with camera aloft?Get a life!

Watch the opening of the Paris Elevation dvd. A show that half the world knew was going to be filmed and what are half the crowd doing? Filming it!!!

Good point and I kind of give that crowd a pass.  At least they jumped around and got into it.  Seattle and Vancouver GA's looked like people were filming a funeral and not moving.

gcf1971    0

And let's not forget the geniuses who bring their iPads and film with those!

CorkVegan    9

At the weekend I has at The Jesus and Mary Chain, got in early and snagged a good spot right at the front railing. There was nobody in front and I had a close view..... the guy standing next to me watched the entire show through his phone screen as he snapped photos. Completely pointless as there was media photographers with much better cameras present. Those pro shots were online the next day in gig reviews/galleries.

The band is here now, playing now. Be here now.

phill pohl    0

Must annoy the band and affect the whole atmosphere on the floor not to mention it looks awful as a spectacle .iI have said it before water pistols may be the answer they will soon put them down:)

allyson2008    7
6 hours ago, phill pohl said:

Must annoy the band and affect the whole atmosphere on the floor not to mention it looks awful as a spectacle .iI have said it before water pistols may be the answer they will soon put them down:)

:D

This idea made me laugh! I seriously wanted to do this at a Pixies concert I went to a couple weeks ago. I'm already shorter than everyone - now I have to try to dodge the [expletive] phones, too...?

joeyanne    0

I must admit I have been guilty of this in the past but for IE I took hardly any pictures and for TJT I'm going to try and not take my phone out once (I don't need to as there will be photos from the rest of the crowd online :p).

Although without the phones, how would everyone on the various live threads get their periscope fix? Maybe there should be an official feed for every show.

StinkyJay    0
16 hours ago, gcf1971 said:

And let's not forget the geniuses who bring their iPads and film with those!

Oh hell no.  I'd seriously lose my poop if some idiot had an iPad up in front of me, blocking my view.

Idvikin    0

I don't have a problem with some one taking a picture or two or even filming a short bit of a song. But this happened to me at the Vancouver show, we had this "drunk" woman behind us who was bragging to some drunk guy how she left her husband with the kids back in the back of the floor so she could be up close. Anyway she starts yelling at me for clapping at the end of a song because she was trying to take a picture or film! I put my hands down since going on to the next song, but then she puts arms around my shoulders and starts filming with the camera in front of me, pulling herself up close to my back and starts to place her head on my shoulder! I shake her off and say "don't ever do that" and turn back around. WTF
The other thing that drives me crazy happened at this show, two guys standing in front of us (one with super bad breath) start talking about their job and life during the Mumford and Sons set! But to do this, they had to bring their heads together and yell, so they are blocking the person behind them and your listening to their crap! I don't have a problem a quick word or two but when it goes on into minutes, I have a problem!

StinkyJay    0
42 minutes ago, joeyanne said:

I must admit I have been guilty of this in the past but for IE I took hardly any pictures and for TJT I'm going to try and not take my phone out once (I don't need to as there will be photos from the rest of the crowd online :p).

Although without the phones, how would everyone on the various live threads get their periscope fix? Maybe there should be an official feed for every show.

We should even remotely care about catering to people who want to pirate feed a concert?  Eff them.

kinsale11    0

why not create a video to be shown before the show starts, making fun/chastising those who do this?

peer pressure will get the vast majority of the offenders if the band appear on screen before the show starts. I"m not sure the majority know how much the band don't like it. 

mich40    71
2 hours ago, enriquediaz said:

Sadly, this battle is lost. Hell, even some of the Mods here are thanking people for periscoping shows.

We thank them for their effort of trying to connect the members of the fan community that are not there.  That does not mean that we encourage or agree with their activity, but we do provide the information for those who do wish to follow along.