Sign in to follow this  
eveconversa

Advice on best place to stand in the Red Zone

For those that have been in RZ this tour, why do most people head to the top of the tree if they only sing a few songs there? Isn't it better to be along bottom of tree/trunk as then you can see main stage clearly and watch them walk past? 

On 30.6.2017 at 9:19 PM, Synj said:

Where did you end up in GA?

Second row centre at the main stage.

1 hour ago, bestia said:

For those that have been in RZ this tour, why do most people head to the top of the tree if they only sing a few songs there? Isn't it better to be along bottom of tree/trunk as then you can see main stage clearly and watch them walk past? 

in my opinion, its the closest you are going to get to the band even if for just 4 songs. might get a high five.  The stage is really high. matter of fact if you are in RZ and on the rail by the main stage, your view is basically the bands heads and they are way to the right. I chose behind Edges keys. had some great views and still had a decent view of the main stage.

19511061_1484069144990918_5360691840538954935_n.jpg

19247895_1488293944568438_4879466818966028021_n.jpg

19510119_1484069081657591_2655094921167845751_n.jpg

19511539_1483922368338929_127511762480470204_n.jpg

19511599_1483896605008172_6061138276351562838_n.jpg

21 hours ago, nyru2 said:

in my opinion, its the closest you are going to get to the band even if for just 4 songs. might get a high five.  The stage is really high. matter of fact if you are in RZ and on the rail by the main stage, your view is basically the bands heads and they are way to the right. I chose behind Edges keys. had some great views and still had a decent view of the main stage.

19511061_1484069144990918_5360691840538954935_n.jpg

19247895_1488293944568438_4879466818966028021_n.jpg

19510119_1484069081657591_2655094921167845751_n.jpg

19511539_1483922368338929_127511762480470204_n.jpg

19511599_1483896605008172_6061138276351562838_n.jpg

Great pics

On 05/07/2017 at 0:29 PM, bestia said:

ngs. might get a high five.  The stage is really high. matter of fact if you are in RZ and on the rail by the main stage, your view is basically the bands heads and they are way to the right. I chose behind Edges keys. had some great vi

How did you get so close to the B stage AND the main stage?

I would have thought that if your RZ for the B stage and you get that great rail (or close) position, you can forget getting anywhere near the main stage.. even if RZ gets you access to GA.. 

HOW is this possible !!

On 7/8/2017 at 5:28 PM, mickoc said:

How did you get so close to the B stage AND the main stage?

I would have thought that if your RZ for the B stage and you get that great rail (or close) position, you can forget getting anywhere near the main stage.. even if RZ gets you access to GA.. 

HOW is this possible !!

well, if you stand at edges piano, you are basically at the bottom of the tree branches. at that point you are only maybe 10 or 15 rows from the main stage. (if there were seats). Once you get in the redzone you will realize that its smaller than you think. The main stage pic i posted had no zoom. 

Did red zone at Twickenham last night. It was amazing. We picked our spot just before Noel Gallagher came on. We stood right at the back of the RZ and could still get within ~ 20 feet of the rail. We were really close when U2 came on. When they move to the main stage for streets a lot of people moved forward. We stayed at the back of the RZ and had so much space and such a good view it was unreal. By the time Bono came back for Exit we were only 3/4 people from the rail by the B stage. Bono spends most of the last part of the night on the b stage.

Whatever you choose to do, unless you want a rail there is loads of space to move around, buy a beer and just have a great night.

U2 Pic.jpg

We were in the Red Zone last night, didn't get the rail but just one behind , virtually where this picture is (sure that's my mates grey hair) Dont worry about the boom, it doesn't spoil the view!, actually its quite entertaining when it swoops over you :D

I don't think it matters where you are either!  I read so much all the time about where to stand etc... I knew I couldn't stand for 2 hours anyway so my situation was a little different but I got in the redzone with my mum (72 years old and loving it) about 15 mins before U2 came out. Had my pint sat at a little seat at the back on the barriers and then got up as they came out.  Before I was actually there, I thought the photos I had seen online looked like the main stage was a way away but when I actually got in the Red Zone, I realised just how close it was.  I moved to the front of redzone at end of Pride (as someone mentioned here) and was pretty much next to them walking up back to main stage. Aside from that, I also went to the back corner of the RZ to take in the full panorama and into the crowd near the Joshua Tree stage when I felt like it. Line of sight was so close whereever you are, if someone arm is in the way, you just side step and have a splendid view again.  When Adam, Edge and Bono came over to the left side of the main stage (at seperate times) I was right at the front with loads of space behind me.  I was leaning on the barrier waving my arms and got a smile off Adam (I know it was for me as the people near me were too busy taking pictures whilst I was screaming and waving madly!).  People were dancing all around, it was an amazing atmosphere.  It felt about 1/3 full I would say, so absolutely loads and loads of space anywhere and everywhere.  It was a wonderful experience and I think that is it for me....redzone all the way (if I can get tickets) and second gig of each tour I will go seated.  I also sat for short intervals on the little seats on the barriers (the only way I could manage to be there) and if I could've stood and danced all the time I would.  The little seats, however, were a nice respite to have a beer, cheer with the folks leaning over the barrier and a place to take it all in with no hassle and no detriment to the view. All in all, perfect.  No one needs to stress about where to go....there is everything you could ever want with no hassle!

IMG_0923.PNG

Edited by Heather S

1 hour ago, Heather S said:

I don't think it matters where you are either!  I read so much all the time about where to stand etc... I knew I couldn't stand for 2 hours anyway so my situation was a little different but I got in the redzone with my mum (72 years old and loving it) about 15 mins before U2 came out. Had my pint sat at a little seat at the back on the barriers and then got up as they came out.  Before I was actually there, I thought the photos I had seen online looked like the main stage was a way away but when I actually got in the Red Zone, I realised just how close it was.  I moved to the front of redzone at end of Pride (as someone mentioned here) and was pretty much next to them walking up back to main stage. Aside from that, I also went to the back corner of the RZ to take in the full panorama and into the crowd near the Joshua Tree stage when I felt like it. Line of sight was so close whereever you are, if someone arm is in the way, you just side step and have a splendid view again.  When Adam, Edge and Bono came over to the left side of the main stage (at seperate times) I was right at the front with loads of space behind me.  I was leaning on the barrier waving my arms and got a smile off Adam (I know it was for me as the people near me were too busy taking pictures whilst I was screaming and waving madly!).  People were dancing all around, it was an amazing atmosphere.  It felt about 1/3 full I would say, so absolutely loads and loads of space anywhere and everywhere.  It was a wonderful experience and I think that is it for me....redzone all the way (if I can get tickets) and second gig of each tour I will go seated.  I also sat for short intervals on the little seats on the barriers (the only way I could manage to be there) and if I could've stood and danced all the time I would.  The little seats, however, were a nice respite to have a beer, cheer with the folks leaning over the barrier and a place to take it all in with no hassle and no detriment to the view. All in all, perfect.  No one needs to stress about where to go....there is everything you could ever want with no hassle!

IMG_0923.PNG

That's awesome Heather, so glad it was a good experience for you. Can't wait!

50 minutes ago, Synj said:

That's awesome Heather, so glad it was a good experience for you. Can't wait!

Oh it was Synj...I was going to write to you and tell you, you have no need to worry about where you stand. All that worrying and nervous anticipation flew out of the window as I walked into the stadium, especially after a pint!   Wherever you are it is just great. You can move about all over, have a dance, see everything. Everyone was having a great time.  The photo I posted was at the top of the rail just where the walkway comes down. You can see the walkway is quite high there so you can't see all of the bit on the main stage but I went there just so I could get close up when they were there. It was easy to do that. Then I moved back a bit to take it all in and at all times the view was superb.  Lucky you...you have it all to come.  Dublin for me but in a (very good) seat so will have a different perspective again.  Can't wait to hear your experience!

We had an amazing night in Croke Park Redzone- a night I will never forget. It was very special. Definitely worth it! 

IMG_3784.JPG