allyson2008

The vibe at JT2017 tour

As cool and fun as that meerkat/periscope thing was on I+E I always suspected that it was a product placement sponsorship deal. Fans who didn't have a meerkat account signed up to follow the live broadcast. As a matter of fact I had never even heard of meerkat prior to the tour.

During the 360 tour they uploaded a day in the life of Edge video with was basically an infomercial for BlackBerry who as it happens were sponsoring the tour.

On 5/22/2017 at 11:20 PM, rlj1010 said:

Nobody's taking pictures.... the audience is just trying to show the band their Itunes copy of Songs Of Innocence.

I was trying to think of a way of highlighting that. Well played. :)

21 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

I'd be more inclined to believe the band completely loathe technology, cell/mobile phones & cameras if they did ban them all. Also, noticed the only ones against my post that it's not that big of a deal are the ones speaking passionately that they hate it themselves. I'm not condoning filming the entire concert. The band have banned Go Pros which I do support. Someone wants to snap a couple souvenir pics, go for it. Doing it constantly the entire concert on the other hand, super annoying. I get you hate it period. Like Mich said, let's agree to disagree. The band are on tour. I for one would like to just enjoy that. 

Oh yes, I forgot they got into periscoping with fans on the 360 tour... 

I'm fine with people snapping the occasional pic or two.  The real problem is that surprising numbers of people hold up their phones for prolonged periods.

Went to the Houston show last night and was impressed.  Very impressed in fact!

The boys are showing their age.  There's no getting around that one.  But I think they know it and have adjusted their show accordingly.  The screen is a stroke of genius.  They found a way to seamlessly integrate picture art with music and it made for some of the best live songs i have ever heard.  Exit and Mother's especially.  Anton did an excellent job with those videos.

I was more disappointed with the fans TBH.  Saw three fights around us in the RZ, all three of which were drunk women.  All three were tossed out.  One managed to find her way back in the RZ only to throw a $6.75 12 oz beer on the lady next to me.  And it appeared that Bono had water thrown on him by someone in GA when they started on the B stage.

Forgot to add something about the montage during Ultraviolet ....

Was loving every second of that ... until I saw Lena Dunham come up.  My wife and I looked at each other and was like WTF? Cheapened the montage just a tad.  

On 5/25/2017 at 9:18 AM, StinkyJay said:

Went to the Houston show last night and was impressed.  Very impressed in fact!

The boys are showing their age.  There's no getting around that one.  But I think they know it and have adjusted their show accordingly.  The screen is a stroke of genius.  They found a way to seamlessly integrate picture art with music and it made for some of the best live songs i have ever heard.  Exit and Mother's especially.  Anton did an excellent job with those videos.

I was more disappointed with the fans TBH.  Saw three fights around us in the RZ, all three of which were drunk women.  All three were tossed out.  One managed to find her way back in the RZ only to throw a $6.75 12 oz beer on the lady next to me.  And it appeared that Bono had water thrown on him by someone in GA when they started on the B stage.

I gladly didn't get to experience the Houston rowdiness. Dallas was rowdy tonight, as well. Quite a few people got thrown out.

Someone threw water on Bono? That hurts me.

It surely must be utterly frustrating and off putting for a band based on a strong contact with the audience to meet all that sea of cameras... and yes, I agree it would maybe be better just deny cameras and phones during a concert.

On the other hand a word for the visual genius. For example the picture of U2 under the red Joshua Tree is iconic, a classic image is born, and also Still Haven't Found with the visual idea, oh what a perfection for one of those always touching U2 songs. Admired.

Pretty sure this version will stay with me. The moment to get connected even though not able to travel for a show. Thank you. 

Edited by jaanakulo

On 5/25/2017 at 11:48 PM, StinkyJay said:

Forgot to add something about the montage during Ultraviolet ....

Was loving every second of that ... until I saw Lena Dunham come up.  My wife and I looked at each other and was like WTF? Cheapened the montage just a tad.  

RPrs4hp.jpg