Sign in to follow this  
Asterix

Twickenenham Car Parking

Looking from some advice / local knowledge

where can someone park for the concert?

Friend is using my ticket allowance and is staying in Old Windsor which I don't think is too far from Twickenham.

He's planning on driving to gig and looking for advice on where to park

Thanks in advance

There's a small car park with 260 seats but the issue is that the whole ground gets closed off for event days by police etc. I think it's likely security will be very, very tight given the terror threat and attack last night. Shuttle buses run from Richmond station if that helps. The stadium site is actually pretty accurate on this. I live in Kew so am gonna walk it basically.

Travelling from Glasgow so not familiar with local areas

All he's looking for is any cheep car parks (Do schools in the area do car parking for funds?)

Google maps have it at 13 miles and 30 min driving

Anyone from Old Windsor area reading this and going to concert???

How are you getting there???

Thanks

Has he looked on 'park on my drive' website where people rent out their driveways for parking.  There are definitely some near Twickenham but probably not cheap.

Tell him not to even think about trying to drive to Twickenham, he won't get close to the stadium & all of the roads leading to it will be closed on both days.

Tell him to get a taxi to Windsor & get the train from Windsor & Eton Riverside station, it will take about 20 - 30  minutes to get to Twickenham.

Coming back he will also be able to bypass the huge queue of people getting trains into London because he'll be getting a train in the opposite direction.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

J Robb  My friend likes your suggestion of the train I may drop you a PM nearer the time if he has problems  He never thought of this He drives everywhere

He's going to look at train times and check last train time I'm sure they will add extra trains to clear the area

Thanks Bigwave for another parking site 

Great place as always for info

On 2017-6-11 at 0:22 AM, Asterix said:

J Robb  My friend likes your suggestion of the train I may drop you a PM nearer the time if he has problems  He never thought of this He drives everywhere

He's going to look at train times and check last train time I'm sure they will add extra trains to clear the area

Thanks Bigwave for another parking site 

Great place as always for info

Feel free to drop me a PM anytime, we live in Ascot (Not a million miles from Windsor) & will be taking the train both days.

Would not consider any other option for getting to Twickenham.

someone asking if anyone knows of overnight parking for van over the twickers weekend?

They should look on parkinmydrive.com

plenty spaces in Twickenham area

Most of the surrounding area tends to be permit only or limited time pay to park.  The easiest way to the ground is train to Twickenham station.  Queuing afterwards can be fairly lengthy - allow up to 90 minutes if you don't make a sharp getaway.  On the plus side it will get you into central London quickly.  A possible option for those wanting to drive and park near by is to park on the line between Twickenham and Reading.  You will probably get away much quicker from station and you can pay to park car at another station.  Twickenham station car park likely to be used for queuing on the day.

Another option is to get a bus (or lengthy walk) to Richmond Station and catch tube from there.

I've planned a few major events at Twickenham stadium and there are no easy solutions. For pop concerts it is generally worse as they don't employ people like me to look after the customer side.  Their focus is where to park the container lorries.

You can literally park opposite the stadium in someone's secure drive for about £30 I believe.  I'm sure it could be for overnight since they also rent the space in the weekdays as well.  Parkinmydrive.com