Sign in to follow this  
TomFromPlano

CREDIT CARD ENTRY IS THE WORST

Credit Card Entry   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is Credit Card Entry is the WORST concept in ticketing ever conceived?

• Absolutely, completely unfriendly to the average customer who has change in plans
    • Horrible since U2 and TicketMaster say it is the others' policy that is being enforced
    • THOUSANDS of tickets available by resell on ticketmaster website -- scalpers / brokers still doing their thing
    • ALL of the above

Yes, it hurts fans who can't resell or give away their tickets if something legitimately comes up.

But on the other band, their hearts in the right place, and the idea was to cut down on scalping, and get as many tickets into fans' hands at actual face value.   Did it work?  Not entirely, obviously.  Did it help curb scalping somewhat?  Maybe.   

I have had to miss a show before because of family situation. I called Ticketmaster and they were able to refund my tickets.

Lost $500 on Red Zone for I.E. started a new job and couldn't get to Antwerp... this is becoming an expensive habit

On 5/30/2017 at 5:05 PM, keithmo said:

I have had to miss a show before because of family situation. I called Ticketmaster and they were able to refund my tickets.

They told me when I asked for a refund that it was my fault for not knowing better.