Max Tsukino

Dallas May 26 #U2TheJoshuaTree2017 Live Thread

1 hour ago, allyson2008 said:

So, yes I did a Periscope last night. A few thoughts about that:

It was really cool knowing that I was sharing the concert with people who couldn't be there.
Periscoping is much more difficult than I thought. It's hard to hold the phone steady when you're really excited and you can't help tapping your feet with the music. Also, I couldn't help singing along sometimes, so I apologize for my terrible voice. Normally, I'd have been singing along the entire time, but I tried to hold back (which sucked a little bit because I love to sing). And my phone is a piece of crap. It's an iPhone 6, it's old, and the battery dies way too quickly.
I promise I didn't block anyone's view - I was in the 1st seated section, in the 3rd row, and there was a boy in front of me who I'd guesstimate was 8 years old or so, and that made it easy for me to hold the phone at chest level without bothering anyone.
I did watch the show, but had to glance down at the phone frequently to try to make sure I was still focused on the band.

I will admit that Periscoping was distracting me. But being able to share the show with other fans made me feel happy, and I already saw the show in Houston, so it was kind of a trade off. Part of the reason I love U2 so much is that I love U2 fans as well. You're my kind of people! :) It was like going to church with a HUGE group of friends.
One last thought... geez, people can be hard on you when you're broadcasting - that was the first time I ever did more than one song at a time, and I'm not too good at it, but at least I tried. Some of the comments... wow! 

You did a great job! At one point when I looked, there were about 16,000 people watching.  Of course, thank you for sharing it with us, and I'm sure you did it because you wanted to; however, I hope you did not feel obligated to do it.  You paid good money to be there and should not have let it be a distraction to you. Sharing is caring, but being in the moment for yourself is much more important. Glad you had a great show and thanks again for it.

55 minutes ago, mich40 said:

You did a great job! At one point when I looked, there were about 16,000 people watching.  Of course, thank you for sharing it with us, and I'm sure you did it because you wanted to; however, I hope you did not feel obligated to do it.  You paid good money to be there and should not have let it be a distraction to you. Sharing is caring, but being in the moment for yourself is much more important. Glad you had a great show and thanks again for it.

Yeah I totally agree !!!! Such beautiful words, Mich !

Pain_18_

Thank you again for posting the videos! I have been going to U2 concerts for quite a while and took my 13 and 16 year-old daughters last night. They of course loved the show. What a great circle of life experience and your videos will always remind me of this.

Edited by drmwvr

1 minute ago, drmwvr said:

Pain_18_

Thank you again for posting the videos! I have been going to U2 concerts for quite a while and took my 13 and 16 year-old daughters last night. They of course loved the show. What a great circle of life experience and your videos will always remind me of this experience  

They're not mine....I'm just posting them.....But thaank you sooo much for your appreciation !!!!!!

15056411_714089402090208_6446674343577906980_n.jpg

Took my 10 and 12 year old to their first U2 show last nite. It was an absolute blast for them!!!

I have nothing but gratitude for what you did. 

To criticize a periscope is like rejecting a free lunch because it doesn't happen to be at your favorite restaurant. 

2 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

Wish they'd played this in Dallas  !!!!!

They had the stage set up to do so, but then they flew into IWF. It took awhile for us in the crowd to leave because we thought there was gonna be another song.

#TJT30  #TJT2017  #U2 #SOE #POP #RattleandHum #ASOHC

Dear U2,

I know you can't hear me but hope's the last resort...

Please STOP dropping " A Sort of Homecoming " from the setlist and play " Little Things " at every single show, we love it, we want SOE !

Thanks for your time,

Your fan - Cris

PS: I know you won't play any *POP* songs at the show but at least play a Rattle and Hum song........It's the companion album to The Joshua Tree, guys.....!!!

Edited by pain_18_

I've had the good luck to see U2 in my hometown of Memphis on the PopMart Tour, but that (even with the lemon and Edge singing "Can't Help Falling in Love with You" (obligatory Elvis reference) pales in comparison to the Dallas show. Bono was in epic voice Friday night, and the others weren't to be outdone. 

I loved the way this salute to Joshua Tree isn't just wallowing in nostalgia; the urgency of this music is even more real today than back in 1987, and the video/photography footage is breathtaking. My beloved (and under-appreciated) Running to Stand Still was one of the show highlights for me. 

I would have loved to hear The Little Things, but can't have everything. My only quibble with the show isn't with U2--it was with some of the fans, who spent as much time going to buy beer as they did listening to the music, meaning they had to disturb half a row of people every time they went out.

The Lumineers were an inspired opening act--fit the America-centric theme of TJT, and it was nice to hear more of their music.