Sign in to follow this  
perenelle

So are they assigning numbers to the GA line again?

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, so I had to ask! Apologies if it's in some thread buried somewhere on here haha! We're going to the Pittsburgh show btw.

I am certain that GA line folks will be numbered. That's how it has always been when I have done GA. For those of us who would arrive on Tuesday, you check in at the gate where the GA line will be, sign the book, get a number and make sure you make roll call on Wednesday morning, typically around 6 am.

Absolutely. The last show at Heinz Field for 360 in 2011 went very smoothly for the GA process. I hope we encounter the same thing in a week and a half!

On 5/28/2017 at 10:35 AM, mcnabb5 said:

I am certain that GA line folks will be numbered. That's how it has always been when I have done GA. For those of us who would arrive on Tuesday, you check in at the gate where the GA line will be, sign the book, get a number and make sure you make roll call on Wednesday morning, typically around 6 am.

If it helps, this is copied directly from the Heinz Field website's "Info Packet" page.

Guests with tickets Field/General Admission Tickets may begin to line up at 12:00pm
outside of Gate 6.

Thanks, Matt. For 360 in 2011 we arrived around 7:15 am or so and the line was already 300 strong. My guess is they had the same policy for that show as well. Whether the Heinz Field staff enforces that or not is another matter. I figure you show up early and if they won't let you line up right outside Gate 6 the U2 GA crew will just marshal up somewhere else.

I'm definitely assuming the GA line and numbers too, but thought it might help to get some basic info out. I hope it all goes smoothly and there aren't any clashes with security over anything. It's been fine at every other show I've attended.

By the way, there's a Facebook group for the Pitt show too, though so far nobody has posted info about early lining up. Maybe check there for more info occasionally?