Sign in to follow this  
kitemaster

Current Setlist Sucks and Needs To Be Changed Up Big Time

Maybe they should just bring JT forward and start with Streets. Use the screens for the entire show.

End with 40 naturally.

5 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Maybe they should just bring JT forward and start with Streets. Use the screens for the entire show.

End with 40 naturally.

One big problem is that the show is taking place at outdoor venues, and in some cities, it's not fully dark out by the time they take the stage.  (Especially in Europe).   It would make the Streets intro less dramatic in daylight.

As for the lack of the screen on the first few songs on the B-stage, I think they should still partially use it.

During the support act's set, they use a small PORTION of the screen.

DAUNYtVVwAEmHUH.jpg

They should do this for U2 too, giving the fans in the back SOMETHING to see during the first set.... but then when they finally go full-screen for Streets, it would still have the wow factor.

Edited by rlj1010

I would be lying if I expressed anything other than disappointment at the setlist... It is all too predictable; too safe.

I really thought they would have a coherent setlist for this occasion; songs which would fit in some way with The Joshua Tree and the things the band have been talking about.

I am very much of the opinion that nothing later than the Joshua Tree should be played; certainly not anything later than Rattle & Hum, which is of course tied-in with The Joshua Tree.

I've seen the YouTube footage of Beautiful Day and I must say, I was very impressed with it; thought it was fantastic at the start, but I don't really think Beautiful Day, Elevation, Ultra Violet, Miss Sarajevo and One have a place in this set list.

I would have built up to the Joshua Tree with songs from Boy, October, War and The Unforgettable Fire... Then played The Joshua Tree and ended with Mother's of the Disappeared (or had an encore of some Joshua B-sides... But NOT Sweetest Thing :-)

They have missed some blindingly obvious songs for the times... Drowning Man... The Refugee... Stranger in a Strange Land... Seconds... Two Hearts Beat as One...

I was long wondering which of their early songs would make a good show opener... Criteria: an early song en route to us celebrating The Joshua Tree... A Celebration!!!

A CELEBRATION

I WILL FOLLOW

GLORIA

TWO HEARTS BEAT AS ONE

THE REFUGEE

STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND

A SORT OF HOMECOMING

DROWNING MAN

SECONDS

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE

SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY

SURRENDER

OCTOBER

NEW YEARS DAY

PRIDE

PROMENADE

BAD

WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME

I STILL HAVEN’T FOUND…

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

BULLET THE BLUE SKY

RUNNING TO STAND STILL

RED HILL MINING TOWN

IN GODS COUNTRY

TRIP THROUGH YOUR WIRES

ONE TREE HILL

EXIT

MOTHERS OF THE DISAPPEARED

We need some pop cd songs in the setlist during the encore or beginning. I still say the popmart tour was one of their best tours ever followed by 360 then zoo tv

1 hour ago, redsoxsrule said:

We need some pop cd songs in the setlist during the encore or beginning. I still say the popmart tour was one of their best tours ever followed by 360 then zoo tv

Please followed by Streets

I love Pop, but this tour is just not the place for that material.

But Rattle And Hum songs would fit right in.

I've filtered many thoughts about the setlist down to simply this..

flip the order of Bad and Pride so Pride is played before Bad.  Add 40 after Bad and as the crowd sings over and over "How Long..." the band walks to the main stage to start Streets.  

I have a tendency to choose a favorite song by an artist that generally isn't one of the most renowned, so I feel like the odds I'll get to hear my favorite songs live. U2 is one such artist, where my favorite song is Zoo Station. Tampa's going to be my first show and I'm not holding my breath, but I'd love to see that song live someday.

zoo station was the best song live on vertigo doesnt come across that well on recordings but when you are there its an awesome wall of noise

1 hour ago, phill pohl said:

zoo station was the best song live on vertigo doesnt come across that well on recordings but when you are there its an awesome wall of noise

Agree. Great live sound with the crunching Edge guitar. What a fantastic opener back in days of ZooTV....and yeah, thought is still sounded great on Vertigo tour.

They just can't get it to flow from Pride into Streets (I know they HAVE to play pride)...And I really can't understand....if Edge played his extended outro on Pride (Like on the 360 on some shows...SOME of you might know what I'm talking about )....The flow with be magnificent......, it's rushed, there's not enough build-up until Streets comes on..... I like this show but it still seems like it's a contractual obligation......they were supposed to support SOE........

Edited by pain_18_

On 5/27/2017 at 2:42 AM, toyoracer said:

I second you on hearing "Kite". In fact, I had a sign asking for it last tour. I got pulled up on stage instead, but I still wanna hear "Kite"! ?

Did you go onstage in Boston? I saw you!!

1 hour ago, mogreenman said:

Did you go onstage in Boston? I saw you!!

Yes, that was me on Night 3!

Oh, that rhymes!

50 minutes ago, mogreenman said:

Lucky girl!! 

Sometimes, I still don't believe it. Only the pictures/video give me proof.