Sign in to follow this  
cerulean

Reminder: NFL bag policy being enforced at Soldier Field

This was in the Red Zone email:

"Please be aware, the venue enforces a STRICT BAG POLICY.  Permitted items include: bags that are clear plastic, and do not exceed 12”x12”x12”, one-gallon clear plastic freezer bags, clutch bags that size of a hand with or without a handle or strap. Bags may also be inspected upon entry."

Edited by cerulean

Just double checking to make sure I can bring my camera bag in (the plan is to put my camera in a plastic bag in the camera bag to prevent it from getting wet if it rains), so I checked the stadium's policy. I guess it would fall under "clutch bag the size of a hand with or without a handle or strap?

Anyhow, one prohibited item stuck me as funny.

Fanny Packs (only prohibited for Chicago Bears games)

Who wears these anymore?

Edited by truenorthstrongnfree

This is the bag policy they are going by.  Note that the clutch can only be 4 1/2 by 6 1/2.

nfl-approved-bags.jpg

I think this must only be for RZ. The general (non-NFL) policy is:

Bags and backpacks and cases and purses larger than 8” x 11” by 12”, cans and bottles and other beverage containers, coolers and ice chests, umbrellas, noisemaking devices, fireworks, and weapons are BANNED from Soldier Field. 

1 hour ago, truenorthstrongnfree said:

Just double checking to make sure I can bring my camera bag in (the plan is to put my camera in a plastic bag in the camera bag to prevent it from getting wet if it rains), so I checked the stadium's policy. I guess it would fall under "clutch bag the size of a hand with or without a handle or strap?

Anyhow, one prohibited item stuck me as funny.

Fanny Packs (only prohibited for Chicago Bears games)

Who wears these anymore?

You are in the mid west.  More people wear them than a person realizes unless observant.  lol   Remember that if you bring in a physical camera...it most likely cannot have a professional lens or you will have to give it up on the spot or take it back to the car and start all over again.  Soldier Field is very strict with the rules.

7 minutes ago, nlhouden said:

I think this must only be for RZ. The general (non-NFL) policy is:

I would not plan on that.  I've been to Solider Field many times.  Read what it says on the website.  Security is going to be heightened.

I saw on FB that all purses/bags must be smaller than 12x12x12, but don't have to be clear. Furthermore, Soldier Field is encouraging people to bring the smallest possible purse if it's not a clear type.