Sign in to follow this  
bobczx2

To And From The Show

Any advice on getting to and from the show?  I'm staying downtown and not sure if a subway line runs to Solider Field.   I'm guessing either a cab or Uber would be the best getting to the show but what about afterwards?

Thanks

The Red line is the best option but after the show it will be chaotic! It will be very difficult to catch any public transportation right away. Maybe bring a good pair of walking shoes. 

I'm taking the 146 bus which stops at the north side of Soldier Field. Will probably walk home afterwards unless the bus line is relatively short.

The 146 runs on Michigan Ave north of the river and on State Street south of the river through the Loop.

Take the Red line or an Uber to get there. After the show is where it will get interesting. I have seen them at Soldier Field before and leaving was like being in a herd of cattle for over an hour. We all just shuffled out and spilled into the streets. We walked for blocks and blocks until the crowds had thinned out. At that point we were able to hail a cab. 

Honestly, I wouldn't waste time on a cab.  You'll get close and then get caught in traffic.  If you insist on grabbing a cab, get as close to Michigan/Roosevelt as possible and walk the final bit.  It's a nice, scenic stroll through the museum campus.  Just give yourself the time. There is an EL stop at Roosevelt and Wabash that is a block or so west that gets you pretty close.  Again, just give yourself the time and enjoy the walk over.

Has anybody taken the train from somewhere in northern Indiana ?  And does anybody know where the train stops relative to soldier Field and if it is safe for a woman to take the train  back to Indiana at night after the show ?