I am just going to re-share what I just posted on the U2 fan page for Soldier Field Chicago.  My blood is boiling that I've been told, repeated times, that no one can help me.  It's saddening to me as a fan that U2 would not have backup for these situations, like Pearl Jam does.  It appears as though this going to suck;  My first show on this tour in my town... the juggling around, the people to watch my kids, the planning, the saving of money.. seems to all be going down the crapper as I get angrier and angrier at my continued and failed attempts, in addition to ZERO support to have my ticket problem solved.  "ANGRY IN A CHICAGO SUBURB" and slowly the excitement about this show is turning into anger, frustration, and a very bad taste in my mouth.  Read my story about how I'm screwed without a kiss... simply because I had my original bank card, which I used to purchase my tickets) lost and then stolen.  Since I had to replace that bank card in Feb.... I'm screwed...and from the lady at Ticketmaster who I just spoke with?  Apparently it's all U2's fault.  She blamed them and told me there is nothing she can do.  

U2 CREDIT CARD ENTRY ANNOUNCEMENT - for anyone in my situation. I have spoken with 3 people at Ticketmaster, in addition to emailing the required proof and documents. I purchased my GA tickets through the fan club on my Chase Bank/Debit card. I lost that card this past Feb... had to cancel it and get a new card. I have been given nothing but the "run-around" from Ticketmaster.

I just got off the phone with yet another TM employee. She explained to me that there is absolutely NOTHING TM can do and that the ONLY people that could help me would be "Guest Services" at Soldier Field on the day of show. She also explained to me that Guest Services apparently doesn't open until 1 hour before the show. I told her there must be another way. I have also called Soldier Field, but have only received an option for voice mail.

The TM employee told me there is ZERO possible way that my new, updated card number will work. No duh. Additionally, she told me that I cannot get the problem fixed until about an hour before showtime and that TM had nothing to do with it, but it was ALL U2's doing. Lol... o.k. yeah... but nice way to dodge helping.

So if you are in the same situation, I suggest trying to take care of it ASAP! "Nice work" once again, U2 for absolutely NOT having this very common problem, worked out. Once again, I suggest they really put their money where their mouths and hearts apparently are and hire the staff from Pearl Jam - who runs the best fan club ticketing system in the world. If I were calling Ten Club right now, or if I had this problem come up? It would've been taken care of and not leave a dedicated fan on a lost island with ZERO answers or options.

My blood is a bit over-boiling. I think U2 has failed terribly here and I have slammed the way they tried to update their ticketing, last tour. They aren't protecting real fans. Scammers will still get their tickets with the 1 time credit cards they use and then give away. However, someone like me who is 100% legitimate, can't even get this problem fixed; Even when I have provided TM for the info they required - My bank statements from the purchase, my old card number, my new card number, my ticket order numbers, etc.

This is flipping bullshit. Boo hoo hoo... not that anyone cares, but this is my town, my first show on this tour, etc. I am working hard to get this corrected and there is absolutely NO ONE who can help. I am actually thinking of buying a single ticket from another fan who is entering early (like I had planned to) just so I don't get screwed and can't enter until ..... well... about show time. I am also a huge fan of the Lumineers and frankly do not want to miss them at all.

Good luck! This has been my last few days. It has made me not very excited, pissed as hell, and angry that the band didn't have these little glitches worked out, yet again.

I have found NO ONE who can help me... and I mean NO ONE. I'm f'd without a kiss.... the one the future needs... a BIG kiss.

Do you have GA tickets?  I presume this is the case.  Guest services opens earlier than one hour before the show.  I have spoken repeatedly with someone within Soldier Field and she told me to show up early if I get a GA for Sunday night.  I need, if possible, to get on the accessible platform which is on the field.  It is a first come first serve basis as I have no reserved seating on the platform.  I do for night one but not night two.  I'm still not worried.  If the platform is full then I'll ask for a seat.  The staff at SF is excellent with issues such as yours and mine and whomever.  This lady is high up in the ranks.  She also handles accessible issues.  If she told me to show up as early as possible then Guest Services is open sooner than an hour before the show.  Don't lose hope.  Keep calling Soldier Field.  If you get a recording then call again and again and again.  If that does not work then call someone who works for the Bears and beg and plead with them to get you in contact with someone who can help you with your issue.  You are not going to be the only one who got a new card.  Soldier Field has been very kind to me.  This lady is amazing.  I cannot give you her name for fear of losing my help!  You can get her info on Soldier Field's website if you use all the information I just gave you.  hint hint   Do not freak out and do not lose hope.  Someone will help you.  I would make sure I have ID galore, including a passport, if you have one, and perhaps a letter from your bank stating how you had to be issued a new card.  Keep trying.  I think you will be fine.   Guest Services is at Gate 0 on the South end of the venue.  Let me know how it works out for you.   Good Luck but keep trying no matter.  They are very accommodating.  If anything, they will start to answer the phones later this week is my guess.  Good Luck again.

Edited by Manohlive
grammar

I forgot to mention that if they cannot help you at Gate 0 then you should ask to proceed to Gate 2 for further help.  They will do something for you.  Nobody is going to make you miss the show provided you can produce ID and proof. I don't represent Soldier Field but I've been to many shows.  They are always helpful and prepared for such issues. Show up early.  I am not sure if you know it but that place goes nuts the later it gets and you may find yourself standing in a long line and more anxiety ensues.   BTW:  Ticketmaster does not know its head from its ass.  It is not U2 it is the promoter who causes such problems. TM agents are trained to give certain generic answers.  They offer no help yet charge exorbitant fees for 'service' charges. 

Edited by Manohlive

Thank you Manohlive for the response.  Much appreciated!  

Agree .. never had this problem, ever, in my years of attending any show.  So my guess is that the lady who told me all of this today, from TM, had just set down her crack pipe?  It's been a headache since Friday and I'm not betting my chips that it's resolved by Saturday at the field.  I'd much prefer to enjoy my day with friends than run around all day, speaking to misinformed or uninformed part timers, who I can't get any help from.  These two ladies from  TM were adamnent about their info.  I'm not freaking out, but rather, very frustrated with the lack of leadership from whoever is in charge of these people and their information.... because it clearly isn't accurate.  I normally wouldn't worry, but I haven't been given anything from TM or SF that would tell me otherwise.  

Good luck!  I have so much to do so that I can attend the shows this weekend.  The last thing I want to deal with is this headache.  I just want an answer and a solution from someone completely solid and legit.  It's the price I pay them in fees for the tickets.  I'm not sorry at all for wanting to know how to get what I paid for last Jan. 13th.

Susan 

On 5/31/2017 at 1:30 AM, susanheatonchasteenlovesartandu2 said:

Thank you Manohlive for the response.  Much appreciated!  

Agree .. never had this problem, ever, in my years of attending any show.  So my guess is that the lady who told me all of this today, from TM, had just set down her crack pipe?  It's been a headache since Friday and I'm not betting my chips that it's resolved by Saturday at the field.  I'd much prefer to enjoy my day with friends than run around all day, speaking to misinformed or uninformed part timers, who I can't get any help from.  These two ladies from  TM were adamnent about their info.  I'm not freaking out, but rather, very frustrated with the lack of leadership from whoever is in charge of these people and their information.... because it clearly isn't accurate.  I normally wouldn't worry, but I haven't been given anything from TM or SF that would tell me otherwise.  

Good luck!  I have so much to do so that I can attend the shows this weekend.  The last thing I want to deal with is this headache.  I just want an answer and a solution from someone completely solid and legit.  It's the price I pay them in fees for the tickets.  I'm not sorry at all for wanting to know how to get what I paid for last Jan. 13th.

Susan 

Howdy Susan,

I spoke with Soldier Field about several things earlier today.  I specifically asked about your situation.  In this instance, the man was quite helpful.  First off, he said that your new credit card will be linked to your account...or something of the sort.  I asked more and he went on to say you are not going to be the only one.  He added that SF has never had CC entry as it does this show and it's going to be nuts so try and get there as early as possible.

He went on to say you should have the following:

-Your new credit card...your ID...your order's confirmation number...if possible, the email you were sent confirming your order...documentation, documentation, documentation; specifically a letter or email from your bank/CC issuer stating you had to get a new CC....do you have the original piece of paper where the new CC was placed and the letter from that?  If so, bring it...he said as much proof/documentation as you can get because it's better to have too much than nothing. (If only that was true for ice cream!)   Good luck.  I hope this helps.  If you are still worried...Soldier Field is now answering the phones between 9-5.  The number is:  312-235-700.  Listen to all the prompts.  They end at number six which is the prompt to speak with someone.  I find it much easier to get through when I listen to all the prompts and then hit 6 when they are finished.  If you get a nobody can come to the phone right now recording...hang up and call again straight away and you should eventually get someone.  It will be busy tomorrow as it's the day before the show.  I hope what I listed is enough and you don't ahve to call. It seems you will be okay.  I asked a lot and he said they are expecting people with new cards.  Do you have any documentation with the old credit cards last four digits?  If so, that seems like another thing you could bring.   Good luck.  PM me and let me know how it turns out for you. I shall be hoping for the best but think it'll be okay.

• Like 1

I had a similar experience on last tour (unlike you I still had card but I cancelled it because it had been stolen online). I went to customer service with an ID and a print out of my confirm and they gave me two hard tickets no questions asked. Really easy. I don't know what time customer service opens but I hope everything goes as smoothly for you as it did for me. Good luck. 

All of these CC entry questions are clearly answered on the TM website. As well as several other threads on these pages.

1) From TM website: credit card compromised and bank issues you a new one -> save the card, the magnetic stripe still works and the readers only check the #, not that its chargeable

2) From TM website: lost credit card - email/submit online help request @ TM, the follow up with them from that process. If no luck try calling.

3)  From U2.com Forum reports from earlier concerts: If 1 and 2 don't work, show up at concert with original order information (ideally showing your name and address), go to help desk show your ID (with same name and address) and order confirmation print out and get issue resolved.

Susan, what ended up happening?  There were several people in the GA line at one show that I went to with the same situation that you had.  An hour or so before GA was allowed inside the box office opened and they were able to get hard copy tickets printed with no problems whatsoever.

1) How early is "early" to begin lining up?

2) I've got 8 GA tickets for Fed Ex on 6/20, all purchased under one credit card. Several the people in my party won't be able to arrive until the afternoon. What's the best way to handle holding spots for them in the GA line? I want to be sensitive to others. Is it "kosher" to bring lawn chairs and hold their places that way?

Appreciate your help!

Maura

On 6/6/2017 at 12:05 PM, james busick said:

Susan, what ended up happening?  There were several people in the GA line at one show that I went to with the same situation that you had.  An hour or so before GA was allowed inside the box office opened and they were able to get hard copy tickets printed with no problems whatsoever.

This is funny because I am just now back on here after almost a year.  I finally got the correct information from a very helpful fan friend of mine.  Nothing suggested, worked.  When I got to Soldier Field that day, many friends suggested to have my card double-checked to see that everything was taken care of, so I did.  They checked it and all was apparently good.  When I went to enter, after being in line all day, my card didn’t work.  It would not scan.  Many, many people were pasig me by.  I debated with the scanned and told her all that I had just done to ensure it was working.  It was a mess, but she finally got it to work.  Sorry about the very, very late reply.

I did not purchase tickets when they went on sale for this tour, for my town of Chi.  I ended up buying an extra from a friend.  I didn’t like the smell of the greed and the sexual relationship between TM, live nation, and Stubhub.  Not that my voice matters because it doesn’t in the end... but I’ll be there at United Center.   

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2018 at 11:46 PM, susanheatonchasteenlovesartandu2 said:

This is funny because I am just now back on here after almost a year.  I finally got the correct information from a very helpful fan friend of mine.  Nothing suggested, worked.  When I got to Soldier Field that day, many friends suggested to have my card double-checked to see that everything was taken care of, so I did.  They checked it and all was apparently good.  When I went to enter, after being in line all day, my card didn’t work.  It would not scan.  Many, many people were pasig me by.  I debated with the scanned and told her all that I had just done to ensure it was working.  It was a mess, but she finally got it to work.  Sorry about the very, very late reply.

I did not purchase tickets when they went on sale for this tour, for my town of Chi.  I ended up buying an extra from a friend.  I didn’t like the smell of the greed and the sexual relationship between TM, live nation, and Stubhub.  Not that my voice matters because it doesn’t in the end... but I’ll be there at United Center.   

Did you go to the box office for help?  As you probably know, there is no permanent box office.  They have a trailer which is usually set up and it's on the east side of the venue.  I've never seen a more efficient box office when there are lines a dozen people deep.  They move.  I've watched them many times.  How did you get your CC checked before going into GA?  Was it Soldier Field or TM?   The lady in charge is very gracious and incredibly helpful.  She even thanked me for noticing how smoothly the box office was at the height of frenzy on days of shows.  If you got your CC checked by the venue and then had problems-let me know.  It never hurts to call them.  They are very accommodating.

Edited by Manohlive