Sign in to follow this  
macmack27775

GA procedure

Try Facebook. They have a group that you can join and mostl likely, it will be announced there. U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 chicago.

I went to Houston and Dallas in GA. No mention of fan club membership. Fans have been organizing the GA lines prior to the event date, they however have no association with the venue or band and thus no authority to enforce numbers. An honor system, in effect. The venues are not officially allowing waiting on the premises until 6am on event day, for the most part. I got my number from a fan coordinator @ 12:45pm on event day in Houston. I got #338. In Dallas, I arrived at the same time and received #1032 from venue personnel, with no fan coordination. In both cases, I ended up 2nd from the rail at my desired location, on tree stage and catwalk for the respective shows. Since these are credit card tickets, line organizers have no idea whether anyone they are giving numbers to actually possess tickets in their names when they issue numbers. In Dallas, the venue person asked to see an email confirmation from the venue on my phone. But didn't look at it carefully.
Still didn't swipe my card before issuing the number. The fan coordinator number is in marker on your hand. At 2:30pm in Houston, the venue passed us through security and issued wrist bands with numbers corresponding to the fan marker number. In Dallas, anyone arriving after 6am was given a numbered wristband by the venue.

Edited by brupars
Added information.