Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mich40

Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Release

There was a listening party in the penthouse at The Clarence in Dublin tonight for the release for the 30th Anniversary release.

14 minutes ago, mich40 said:

There was a listening party in the penthouse at the Clarence tonight for the release for the 30th Anniversary release.

And why was I not invited? :Zoo_Fish:

Just now, Frankaz said:

And why was I not invited? :Zoo_Fish:

I wasn't either. ;)

Dave Fanning did a chat.  Anne-Louise Kelly was there too.

7 minutes ago, jetstreamsurfer said:

When will the box sets be shipped out?  tomorrow June 2??

Can't say for sure. However, if you ordered it through U2.com, you should receive an email when it ships. 

It's a pity that some subscribers didn't get the chance to attend.  It would probably have been an interesting evening. Universal Music and Hot Press had ticket giveaways for it.  Come on U2.COM you dropped the ball on this one

The "Running To Standstill," remix is beautiful. 

The whole release is up on Spotify as we speak.

Been listening to the remixes and watching the new Twin Peaks. They're strangely complementary, like U2 Live from the Black Lodge. Especially Bullet the Blue Sky and that odd voice at the end...

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Amazon.co.uk saying that their boxset now had an estimated arrival date of the 5/6/17? I pre-ordered it back in March!

Received my deluxe edition today. Ordered via U2.com and very impressed with delivery as was expecting it to arrive in a few days time. 

Where is exactly the site redeem.thejoshuatree.com for box LP to download with my code my free digital album?

Listened to the live concert & must admit to being very disappointed!!! Sunday Bloody Sunday has been cut to remove the 'no more' chant. To me this is the highlight of the song and makes it unlistenable. I also suspect With or Without You has been cut as well to remove 'Shine in the stars' element. Interestingly Bad isn't included as a song at all although I understand it was sung at the concert as was, I think, a cover version of Help. I suspect all 4 songs included snippets of others songs included by Bono and they have been cut or removed so U2 don't pay royalties. The only none U2 song that is included is Exodus by Bob Marley which is obviously owned by Island records!!!!

Paid £80 for the deluxe box set so very disappointed that songs are cut or excluded and feel U2 are taking advantage of fans loyalty. 

I used my download code from the vinyl box set (which is completely amazing), all worked ok, but now it's all in iTunes and it won't download the album details or artwork.

iTunes doesn't recognise. Any ideas on what to do? I've done the usual things to try and update artwork and track names.

2 hours ago, Col44 said:

Listened to the live concert & must admit to being very disappointed!!! Sunday Bloody Sunday has been cut to remove the 'no more' chant. To me this is the highlight of the song and makes it unlistenable. I also suspect With or Without You has been cut as well to remove 'Shine in the stars' element. Interestingly Bad isn't included as a song at all although I understand it was sung at the concert as was, I think, a cover version of Help. I suspect all 4 songs included snippets of others songs included by Bono and they have been cut or removed so U2 don't pay royalties. The only none U2 song that is included is Exodus by Bob Marley which is obviously owned by Island records!!!!

Paid £80 for the deluxe box set so very disappointed that songs are cut or excluded and feel U2 are taking advantage of fans loyalty. 

I'm also disappointed by what should have the highlight of the anniversary release. Two U2 songs were omitted (Bad & Unforgettable Fire), SBS is edited to album version (they would do a reprise of the chorus once the main body of the song was done. Also mid-song Bono rant is gone). 

I thought that this to save time and fit most of the show on a single disc. However TWO versions of Still Haven't Found are included, one of which was already released on Rattle & Hum.

All in all this is the perfect example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

I still haven't got my preorder yet. Got the email on Thursday from u2.com telling me it had been shipped but it still hasn't arrived. Should I start worrying?

Just went to buy the 4xCD boxset...

Not allowed to use my 25% U2.com voucher (and £12 postage?)

Sorry. Far too expensive for what it is.

So what do we all do now with the 20th anniversary box set? I mean, there's all the songs and more on the 30th anniversary edition..................I guess I'll just keep it in the back of my cupboard somewhere gathering dust.

16 hours ago, realgonekid said:

So what do we all do now with the 20th anniversary box set? I mean, there's all the songs and more on the 30th anniversary edition..................I guess I'll just keep it in the back of my cupboard somewhere gathering dust.

Or, don't bother wasting money on the 30th Anniversary version (£70!!!!) as the 20th Anniversary super deluxe was way better.