Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Chicago June 3 #U2TheJoshuaTree2017 Live Thread

Recommended Posts

I don't understand a couple things from the posts here so far.

One of the posts is a repost of the official rules from Soldier Field.  It says no one may lineup before 6am.

Then it's followed by a tweet showing people lining up at 5am, with a subtitle "final checkin".  Two questions:
-If no one is allowed to lineup before 6am, how/why is there a line at 5am?
-What's with this check-in stuff?  Are we seriously doing that thing again where that select group of rude people cuts the line by saying they've been waiting for days, even though they haven't actually been there?  How is this still a thing?  It's one thing to have your neighbor save a spot so you can use the bathroom or grab takeout.  It's another thing to say you're in line while you're really at a hotel or your home.

Edited by vertigojds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vertigojds said:

I don't understand a couple things from the posts here so far.

One of the posts is a repost of the official rules from Soldier Field.  It says no one may lineup before 6am.

Then it's followed by a tweet showing people lining up at 5am, with a subtitle "final checkin".  Two questions:
-If no one is allowed to lineup before 6am, how/why is there a line at 5am?
-What's with this check-in stuff?  Are we seriously doing that thing again where that select group of rude people cuts the line by saying they've been waiting for days, even though they haven't actually been there?  How is this still a thing?  It's one thing to have your neighbor save a spot so you can use the bathroom or grab takeout.  It's another thing to say you're in line while you're really at a hotel or your home.

ga line seems to be working great, fans working with each venue to operate a safe process. Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigwave said:

ga line seems to be working great, fans working with each venue to operate a safe process. Love it.

That doesn't really answer my question.

The venue specifically sent out a rule saying that GA holders could not arrive any earlier than 6am.  If I had tickets to Chicago, I would see that and think, "OK, I am not allowed to go before then, and when I do arrive at 6am, I will be near the front of the line."  If I then showed up and saw that people had been lining up for hours or days beforehand, I would be very upset because the situation was not as described.

All of us need to make plans to attend these shows, and that starts with providing accurate information and rules that apply equally to all with tickets.  If the venue says no one is allowed to show up before 6am and sends that information to ticket holders, it needs to be enforced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vertigojds said:

That doesn't really answer my question.

The venue specifically sent out a rule saying that GA holders could not arrive any earlier than 6am.  If I had tickets to Chicago, I would see that and think, "OK, I am not allowed to go before then, and when I do arrive at 6am, I will be near the front of the line."  If I then showed up and saw that people had been lining up for hours or days beforehand, I would be very upset because the situation was not as described.

All of us need to make plans to attend these shows, and that starts with providing accurate information and rules that apply equally to all with tickets.  If the venue says no one is allowed to show up before 6am and sends that information to ticket holders, it needs to be enforced.

Fans are doing a great job on the whole I hear organising themselves, if you get the chance pop down night before a show and have a chat, get to know how things work (understand what you are saying about the official venue info),

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Fans are doing a great job on the whole I hear organising themselves, if you get the chance pop down night before a show and have a chat, get to know how things work (understand what you are saying about the official venue info),

That's not logistically possible in all cases.

For example, I have tickets to MetLife Stadium. MetLife stadium is not located in a metropolitan area.  It is located in the middle of nowhere, off highways and industrial complexes.  Public transportation to the venue does not begin until the afternoon of the show.  Parking lots are locked and access to the venue is prohibited.  No one should be there the night before.  If people are there before, they are violating the rules sent out by the venue, as well as trespassing on private property, which is illegal.  So not only is it not logistically practical for me to travel to the venue the night before, according to the venue rules and local regulations, it would be illegal for me to trespass on the property the night before.  The area surrounding the venue is not considered safe.  Any fans attempting a lineup in advance would potentially be putting themselves in harms way. 

This is why it's important that once rules and procedures for a venue have been officially announced that they must be followed.  I understand that fans may have the best intentions in mind, but when individual fans start making up rules and procedures that contradict what the official rules are, that puts fans who have purchased tickets legitimately and followed the venue rules at a disadvantage.  It rewards rule-breakers and penalizes people following directions.

Edited by vertigojds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll be there tomorrow night, can't wait.  Is there a live feed?  I haven't been in here or done this for awhile and things have changed a bit.  Hi Max and Bigwave :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, surrenders said:

We'll be there tomorrow night, can't wait.  Is there a live feed?  I haven't been in here or done this for awhile and things have changed a bit.  Hi Max and Bigwave :)

:Zoo_Baby:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Bigwave, I love the Lumineers!  Looking forward to seeing them also.

Edited by surrenders
add text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...