Sign in to follow this  
Jenn_F

Red Zone Arrival Time

I'm reading in all the emails from the venues that ticket pick-up for Red Zone is between 4-8pm and gates open at 5pm.  Are people getting there earlier to line up prior to checking in, and, if so, what time?  Can you even do that if they aren't queuing people for RZ?  Trying to figure out if getting down there around 1pm will work. I'm hoping to get a spot around the B-Stage, as I am hearing some of the best views are there.

Thanks, all!

Had RZ with my wife at Chicago 2 yesterday.  We got there at 3:30; there was a line at the check-in tent (maybe 40 or so).  This position was good enough (although barely) to get rail at the b-stage--which was phenomenal (didn't hurt that it was a great show).  To be safe, somewhat (but not a lot) earlier should do it--I'd be amazed if 1:00 didn't get you close to your pick of RZ position.  Good luck!

I had RZ for Chicago 1. Arrived at 2:30 and was able to get the exact spot we had wanted. The queue that formed before the 4pm check in was fan-managed, just like the GA line. Soldier Field security honored the line numbers the whole time. 

So, this is the first I have heard that people were queuing in the Red Zone line.  New to GA, so fans were giving out numbers?  I'm hoping to get there early to tailgate, so getting a number and being able to leave the line would be fantastic.  Thanks!

I wouldn't count on the number thing (particularly if you're gone for any length of time)--it sort-of broke down in Chicago 2 RZ anyway.  Plus, you can get a great RZ/rail spot just getting in line at the check-in tent an hour or so before it opens (i.e., get there at c. 3:00, check-in opens at 4:00).  If I were you I'd tailgate in advance if you like, but once you get to the RZ check-in area, get in line and stay there (which won't be for that long anyway).

Edited by mike7man

So if you want to get in  line early, do you queue at the RZ check in area?

Edited by bestia

That's where the line was when my wife and I did RZ for Chicago 2 two days ago.

Do all members of your party have to be at check-in, or can 1 person check everyone in?

If being used, I assume that any RZ check-in line numbers are then used as RZ queuing numbers?

On 6/7/2017 at 0:59 AM, mksiggy75 said:

Do all members of your party have to be at check-in, or can 1 person check everyone in?

If being used, I assume that any RZ check-in line numbers are then used as RZ queuing numbers?

Re question 1, no--you must ALL be present right when you check in (wristbands, etc. are put on immediately).  Re question 2, again, I wouldn't count on that.  In Chicago, once checked-in and "wristbanded", we immediately moved to another line nearby where we waited to be let in the venue.  If someone had showed up after I got in this line and claimed to be ahead of me re some prior numbering, I wouldn't have allowed it (no one tried to).