Sign in to follow this  
vthatcher

Seats vs GA

So I just saw U2 at the Rose Bowl with GA tix and spent quite a bit of time standing on my tippy toes trying to see past people's heads and phones (grr). I'm 5'5. Now i want to see then at Qualcomm in san Diego and debating doing GA again vs shelling out money for seats. For those with seats can you say approx how much they were and where in relation to stage and whether you felt like you still got a great experience?

Thank you! 

I'm 5'6", & always get GA. Love it, the energy can't be beaten! Way better than seats. But grrrrr, totally agree with you about the phones, ruins the energy, & the views for everyone behind you. So selfish! At our height, for GA you really do need to get a good rail spot to be able to see. I'm happy to wait all day in line, to get that spot. Others are not.

If you don't want to wait all day in line, there is a pretty good spot which will give you good sightlines, with very little waiting. Though it's not right in the heart of the action. It's the RAIL BEHIND THE RED ZONE. So closer than any seats, sandwiched between the very expensive seats, & the expensive Red Zone section. I was going to recommend it to you on your other thread, as it's a great spot for children, & shorter people. Though I'd still think a 6 year old is too young.C_qzqqxXsAINAjq.jpg

Edited by ddarroch

Ooh thank you!  Yeah I'm trying to figure out how to do ga without having to pay for 10 hours of babysitting since my hubby and I are both going and my son has school til 245pm that day!

I'm 6'2" and don't mind GA. But then I always get that poor person who gets stuck behind me who says in a loud voice "I've got the TALLEST PERSON IN THE WORLD standing in front of me!"

For an arena show, I'm perfectly fine with reserved seats in the lower level, near the stage...

But for a stadium show... even the closest seats seem too far removed from the band, and I feel no connection.    (But I also just don't have it in me to wait in line for 12 hours anymore.... so I split the difference and am doing Red Zone ga this tour.) 

Edited by rlj1010

$So I went with seats because I didn't feel like standing around all day and am 5'4" so also have issues seeing over people. I went with lower level seats at the back of the stadium as the seats closer than that were too rich for my blood. The tickets cost $100 plus $23.25 in ticketmaster fees and I'll admit at the end of the day I didn't think it was worth the money. With all the light poles and sound mixing stuff it was a partially obstructed view (though not advertised as such) and I have a feeling that is going to be the case for a good portion of the back of the stadium. Also even being in the lower level the band was far. I could see that there were people and tell who was who but couldn't really see their faces the way you can when you are closer. The one positive was that the screen was so large I did feel I could appreciate that from where I was. As a whole, I wonder if I would have been better off getting cheaper seats way up top. Not sure the view would have been that much worse and would have saved some money.

Edited by ruffian114

I was just wondering if someone can tell me how late into the afternoon the venue typically allows you to keep chairs in the GA line before they want them put away??

1 hour ago, ruffian114 said:

$So I went with seats because I didn't feel like standing around all day and am 5'4" so also have issues seeing over people. I went with lower level seats at the back of the stadium as the seats closer than that were too rich for my blood. The tickets cost $100 plus $23.25 in ticketmaster fees and I'll admit at the end of the day I didn't think it was worth the money. With all the light poles and sound mixing stuff it was a partially obstructed view (though not advertised as such) and I have a feeling that is going to be the case for a good portion of the back of the stadium. Also even being in the lower level the band was far. I could see that there were people and tell who was who but couldn't really see their faces the way you can when you are closer. The one positive was that the screen was so large I did feel I could appreciate that from where I was. As a whole, I wonder if I would have been better off getting cheaper seats way up top. Not sure the view would have been that much worse and would have saved some money.

EEK that's what I'm afraid of when we see them in Dublin! We have lower level seats way at the far end of Croke and after seeing the Rose Bowl set up I'm concerned about obstructed views. i ended up going for GA IN San Diego and am currently looking for comfy platform sneakers!!

3 hours ago, afg said:

I was just wondering if someone can tell me how late into the afternoon the venue typically allows you to keep chairs in the GA line before they want them put away??

3 hours ago, afg said:

You'll probably be able to use your chair until at least 3:00 or so. 

On 6/9/2017 at 2:04 AM, seanclv said:

I'm 6'2" and don't mind GA. But then I always get that poor person who gets stuck behind me who says in a loud voice "I've got the TALLEST PERSON IN THE WORLD standing in front of me!"

I'm the 5'2" person who hates being in GA because of people like you ;-)  My husband is 6'1" and our daughter is 5'6". I was outvoted this time and we will be in the GA. Oh, well. I think I will try for the "back of the Red Zone rail" suggestion.