What time should I aim for arriving at the arena, I'm thinking about 9 am/10 am? Is San Diego a bigger venue for them or no? What do you think? I'm traveling so I want to make it worth it lol. 

Depends what you want.  If you want to be along the rail somewhere or close to it, you may need to be in line earlier than that.  On the other hand, for the Rose Bowl we got in line about 415pm (45 mins before gates opened) and we ended up about 10 yards from the b-stage, center of the arena floor.  Generally it seems to be for this tour that you don't need to be in line first thing in the morning if you just want to be reasonably close (but not near a rail).  Also depends on how Qualcomm Stadium will handle the GA line.....that likely wont be known until September.    Qualcomm holds 70,000-ish for football games, so its not the largest venue on the tour but still pretty big. 

OMG>.show is in Sept. Why are you doing this now?? No one knows what time line will start

1 hour ago, Steelerfan said:

OMG>.show is in Sept. Why are you doing this now?? No one knows what time line will start

:lol: I know right?

Depends if they do wristbands. Gotta be early for wristbands and then can leave until about 1 hr before line up. This was our experience with  e&I. 

Nope.. that hasn't been same at these shows. Just line up. I did first 2 shows. 

On 6/10/2017 at 11:14 AM, meganbslc said:

Only reason is because I need to plan. I'm traveling so

but it's June....seriously, relax....

It's a legit question and it will probably be asked many, many times over the next few months. People are flying in from out of town for this show and balancing the cost for airfare/hotels is important to a lot of people.

People are looking for help with questions that will affect their experience, and this is a fan(atic) message board, why would anyone expect anything less than that? =)

Some people like to think about and plan things far in advance, especially if they are excited about it. No problem in that at all. 

42 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Some people like to think about and plan things far in advance, especially if they are excited about it. No problem in that at all. 

Of course!! Planning is also part of the trip and creates great expectation!

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

Thank you! 

Never been in GA, this will be my first time and I want to guarantee that I will be as close to the stage as possible, so I think I will spend the whole day there in line; but what happens if I need to go the restroom or buy some food, will the people around would hold my place? haha I'm very concerned about that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jaureguigerardo said:

Never been in GA, this will be my first time and I want to guarantee that I will be as close to the stage as possible, so I think I will spend the whole day there in line; but what happens if I need to go the restroom or buy some food, will the people around would hold my place? haha I'm very concerned about that.

Hahaha I had the same concerns the first time I did a GA line. The GA line queue itself is a great experience by itself. The fans that queue are great, nice and very respectful. You will feel surrounded by friends even if you don't know them. You can leave the queue for some time, but not too much. You will not have to worry for your spot if you are going to the restroom or to buy food.

I strongly recommend reading Joe Ahorro's GA Guide, it is great and very useful.

http://onlineonthehorizon.com/ga-guide/ 

• Like 2

On 6/15/2017 at 2:59 PM, Chori said:

Hahaha I had the same concerns the first time I did a GA line. The GA line queue itself is a great experience by itself. The fans that queue are great, nice and very respectful. You will feel surrounded by friends even if you don't know them. You can leave the queue for some time, but not too much. You will not have to worry for your spot if you are going to the restroom or to buy food.

I strongly recommend reading Joe Ahorro's GA Guide, it is great and very useful.

http://onlineonthehorizon.com/ga-guide/ 

Thank you for your advice.

We are talking about it now because we want the experience to go smoothly. Looking forward to meeting you guys while waiting in line.

On 6/18/2017 at 9:23 PM, Soullikeaguitar said:

We are talking about it now because we want the experience to go smoothly. Looking forward to meeting you guys while waiting in line.

when do you expect the line location details and specifics to be posted?

13 hours ago, tdanderson said:

when do you expect the line location details and specifics to be posted?

All venues are different, I dont know if Qualcomm will post specific info or not.  The Rose Bowl didn't post anything until literally the night before, hopefully Qualcomm will do better.  Here are some links, no info yet:

https://www.sandiego.gov/event/u2-joshua-tree-tour-2017

https://www.sandiego.gov/stadium

You could try calling the stadium directly, I may try that soon:   

https://www.sandiego.gov/stadium/about/contact

Edited by zoomcat
undo a link

12 hours ago, zoomcat said:

All venues are different, I dont know if Qualcomm will post specific info or not.  The Rose Bowl didn't post anything until literally the night before, hopefully Qualcomm will do better.  Here are some links, no info yet:

https://www.sandiego.gov/event/u2-joshua-tree-tour-2017

https://www.sandiego.gov/stadium

You could try calling the stadium directly, I may try that soon:   

https://www.sandiego.gov/stadium/about/contact

at the Rose Bowl, they met up at a Starbucks down the road the night before. We got our wristbands there and then at around 6am on the day of the show, we all headed over the the Rose Bowl and got into line according to our numbers. They did not allow the line to stay over night so that's why it moved off site. Security was briefed and in on the plan. 

10 hours ago, tdanderson said:

at the Rose Bowl, they met up at a Starbucks down the road the night before. We got our wristbands there and then at around 6am on the day of the show, we all headed over the the Rose Bowl and got into line according to our numbers. They did not allow the line to stay over night so that's why it moved off site. Security was briefed and in on the plan. 

Yeah I know about that.  Except that the "official" statements from the Rose Bowl (i.e, the GA email that everyone got friday night, just hours before the line up was "supposed" to start) didn't jive with what actually happened; in other words, the "official" email said nothing about this "secret" Starbucks meeting place.  I knew about it because I know where to look for these types of things, however, many did not.   No matter, it didn't affect us because we got in line late in the day. 

I guess what I'm saying is that depending on the venue, there is the "official" word, and then there is the "secret" fan sign in process.  Sometimes the venue works with the fans, sometimes not, and some are advertised better than others.  Another example is the LA Forum shows on the SOI tour where the Forum took complete control and ran their own system that totally eliminated any fan system.  It was by far the most fair and best run (and easiest) GA experience I've ever had. 

So who knows what will happen with Qualcomm, or when we'll find out.  But I haven't heard anything.   

18 hours ago, zoomcat said:

Yeah I know about that.  Except that the "official" statements from the Rose Bowl (i.e, the GA email that everyone got friday night, just hours before the line up was "supposed" to start) didn't jive with what actually happened; in other words, the "official" email said nothing about this "secret" Starbucks meeting place.  I knew about it because I know where to look for these types of things, however, many did not.   No matter, it didn't affect us because we got in line late in the day. 

I guess what I'm saying is that depending on the venue, there is the "official" word, and then there is the "secret" fan sign in process.  Sometimes the venue works with the fans, sometimes not, and some are advertised better than others.  Another example is the LA Forum shows on the SOI tour where the Forum took complete control and ran their own system that totally eliminated any fan system.  It was by far the most fair and best run (and easiest) GA experience I've ever had. 

So who knows what will happen with Qualcomm, or when we'll find out.  But I haven't heard anything.   

thanks... what is the best way to keep updated on any special meeting spots and times like for the Rose Bowl? Is this site best or is there another?

This is what the stadium website is posting now:

Event Schedule:
  8:00am - Parking Lot Opens, GA Line up at Lot L1/K1
  4:00pm - GA Entry
  5:00pm - VIP Red Zone Early Entry
  5:30pm - Doors Open
  7:30pm - Show Starts
11:00pm - Show Ends

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2017 at 10:58 AM, Doah said:

This is what the stadium website is posting now:

Event Schedule:
  8:00am - Parking Lot Opens, GA Line up at Lot L1/K1
  4:00pm - GA Entry
  5:00pm - VIP Red Zone Early Entry
  5:30pm - Doors Open
  7:30pm - Show Starts
11:00pm - Show Ends

To add to this, L1/K1 is on the south side of Qualcomm, closest to the trolley stop:

https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/stadiumparkingmap.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigwave said:

Do people really follow this kind on instructions?, I'm afraid that no matter what the official statement says there will be poeple in line before 8 am. What do you guys think?. First time in GA for me.

• Like 1