Sign in to follow this  
FaithHope&U2

Buying tickets for Mexico City - help/advice please

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to see the boys in Mexico City and could use some advice on landing tickets! I already used my presale code so either need one of my friends who is coming with me to buy a U2.com membership, or try to land tickets on the regular sale. It may be the latter approach, so need some help...

The Ticketmaster Mexico site shows two links/listings for the U2 show - one is "Pista" and one is "Seccion Grada":

http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/search?tm_link=tm_header_search&user_input=U2&q=U2

I assume "Pista" is the floor. So I'd need to choose that link to buy floor tickets I assume? Anyone here who speaks Spanish and is familiar with buying Tickets in Mexico? I don't want to buy the wrong tickets!

Interesting that the TM Mexico page lists the presale happening on Monday June 12th through Preventa Citibanamex - while the U2.com site has a presale happening this Thursday. Nice that we U2.com members get the first crack at things.

All of this to say - If anyone has tips on getting Mexico City tickets please reply!

you are correct... Pista would be floor... You will need to choose that link - but be aware that if you get the tickets from the presale, it could be possible that you may need to get from the tours page first - stay tuned for confirmation of this...

Be aware that this is a very hot ticket - if you are considering going for the general sale, probably try to find a friend with a Citibanamex card, because there might be a good chance that it goes sold out on that one - has happened before with presales from other bands and artists... Also, don't get too picky on where to choose to be - this (as probably every show in South America) will go sold out pretty fast... so, if you get a seat, maybe go for that one instead...

6 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

you are correct... Pista would be floor... You will need to choose that link - but be aware that if you get the tickets from the presale, it could be possible that you may need to get from the tours page first - stay tuned for confirmation of this...

Be aware that this is a very hot ticket - if you are considering going for the general sale, probably try to find a friend with a Citibanamex card, because there might be a good chance that it goes sold out on that one - has happened before with presales from other bands and artists... Also, don't get too picky on where to choose to be - this (as probably every show in South America) will go sold out pretty fast... so, if you get a seat, maybe go for that one instead...

Thanks for the advice Max. I recall how hard it was trying to get Dublin tickets back in 2005. We were happy to get stands for that show. I'm sure getting tickets to this will be even harder now compared to back then, with smart phones in everyone's hands! I'll try multiple methods and say a few prayers! Cheers!

There is currently no mention of any U2 fan club presale on the Ticketmaster Mexico webpages, only the Citibanamex presale that happens next week:

Seated ticket link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2017-mexico-distrito-federal-03-10-2017/event/140052BFBE7A5F0A?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=826

Floors ticket link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2017-mexico-distrito-federal-03-10-2017/event/140052C17D040C3D?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=826

Will everything still go live at 10 AM Mexico City time for us fan club folks? Getting anxious! :)

I reported it a few mins ago...

but don't get anxious... there will be a u2.com presale...

17 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

I reported it a few mins ago...

but don't get anxious... there will be a u2.com presale...

Thank you Max!

Who me? Anxious?! LOL! :D

Just now, FaithHope&U2 said:

Thank you Max!

Who me? Anxious?! LOL! :D

serenity now... =)

I just noticed that on Chrome it says the Mexico City presale starts in less than an hour. On Firefox only mentions the presale next week for Citibanamex card holders.

So you may want to go to a Chrome browser if trying for Mexico City!

Yes, Serenity Now!! :)

I got floors/Pista for Mexico City!!!

I am beyond thrilled! A dream for my friends and I to do this trip! This will be just amazing!!

Thank you U2 and U2.com mods!! This forum helps so much in making fans happy!!

Hello everyone! I need your help to know how to get my pre sale codes! What do I need to do?

1 minute ago, PauAB said:

Hello everyone! I need your help to know how to get my pre sale codes! What do I need to do?

You need to become a paying member of U2.com to receive a presale code. 

1 minute ago, PauAB said:

hi, here to help - you signed up? Paid subscription I mean?

Seems like Mexico is sold out already. No GA, no seats available.