Credit Card entry method kind sucks if you can't fully commit to going to the concert of your choice.  it's basically use it, or lose it.

Has anyone ever used a VISA / MasterCard gift card to purchase tickets?
Seems like a logical work around in order to sell a "ticket" that can't be used. 
That way, if you can't use the ticket yourself, you could just send the gift card used to buy the ticket to the person buying the ticket.

Just now, cincy mike said:
Credit Card entry method kind sucks if you can't fully commit to going to the concert of your choice.  it's basically use it, or lose it.

Has anyone ever used a VISA / MasterCard gift card to purchase tickets?
Seems like a logical work around in order to sell a "ticket" that can't be used. 
That way, if you can't use the ticket yourself, you could just send the gift card used to buy the ticket to the person buying the ticket.

prepaid card? yes we have heard that some people do this

It's 100% against the rules to do that. If they discover you've done this, they could cancel your purchase.

That said, all of the scalpers are doing it and it doesn't seem like anyone has been caught or penalized, so if they're all getting away with it with the goal of exploiting fans, it doesn't really seem like a crime for you to do it just to protect yourself. 

I have a ticket to a show I'm no longer sure that I can make, and I'd rather sell it at face value or even give it to another fan for free than have it go to waste. But if I can't make it, going to waste is the only other option for me. Doesn't seem ideal either. 

8 minutes ago, vertigojds said:

It's 100% against the rules to do that. If they discover you've done this, they could cancel your purchase.

That said, all of the scalpers are doing it and it doesn't seem like anyone has been caught or penalized, so if they're all getting away with it with the goal of exploiting fans, it doesn't really seem like a crime for you to do it just to protect yourself. 

I have a ticket to a show I'm no longer sure that I can make, and I'd rather sell it at face value or even give it to another fan for free than have it go to waste. But if I can't make it, going to waste is the only other option for me. Doesn't seem ideal either. 

prepaid card you mean? link? (will need to check this, obviously we don't want to give bad advice to anyone)