Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Miami June 11 #U2TheJoshuaTree2017 Live Thread

On fire in Miami! Incredible from what can be seen here and in Scope-land!!:JT_Logo_01:

Edited by natural11

They seriously sound EPIC tonight!!! Sending the Love down to Miami from up here on the Space Coast!!!! 

Back from the show. 

First thoughts...

OneRepublic.  Surprisingly good opener.  I knew very little about them but they won me over.  They probably fared better than Lumineers.   Maybe Mumford too.  A better fit.

Red Zone.   First time in.  I liked it and had a great view, but not sure it was worth the extra money.  At least it was for a good cause.

Setlist.  We had Bad, not ASOH. But im fine with that.  I love ASOH but wasn't loving the version they've been doing at other shows.  Bad works better.

Ending with Vertigo?  I assumed they would come back and do I Will Follow or Little Things, so this was an anticlimatic finish for me, but whatever.

Also, Edge's guitar troubles during Pride seemed to affect his mood for the remainder of the show.  He seemed visibly angry.  (Also had some trouble with the keyboard at the start of RTSS.)

But enough of my nitpicking, everything else was wonderful.  

6 minutes ago, rlj1010 said:

Back from the show. 

First thoughts...

OneRepublic.  Surprisingly good opener.  I knew very little about them but they won me over.  They probably fared better than Lumineers.   Maybe Mumford too.  A better fit.

Red Zone.   First time in.  I liked it and had a great view, but not sure it was worth the extra money.  At least it was for a good cause.

Setlist.  We had Bad, not ASOH. But im fine with that.  I love ASOH but wasn't loving the version they've been doing at other shows.  Bad works better.

Ending with Vertigo?  I assumed they would come back and do I Will Follow or Little Things, so this was an anticlimatic finish for me, but whatever.

Also, Edge's guitar troubles during Pride seemed to affect his mood for the remainder of the show.  He seemed visibly angry.  (Also had some trouble with the keyboard at the start of RTSS.)

But enough of my nitpicking, everything else was wonderful.  

Fine! Vertigo in the end, really it is dynamic, rock and roll 

rlj1010

You have a lot of great pictures. You must have been in a great spot in the red zon.

Your very lucky, I wish I was there, but I'm in Australia. THANKS FOR THE GREAT PICTURES. They are perfect and beautiful. :) KAREN XX

rlj1010

Thank you for those pictures.  They are wonderful.  I would have loved Vertigo as the closing number.  It kicks ass and would bring the tour more into the present, yet still distant past.  We had I Will Follow in Chicago.  I loved it but would've been crazy for Vertigo.  It would have, for me, left the show with more a promise of the future than a memory of the past.  It would also have been unexpected. This is just my humble opinion.

On 6/11/2017 at 11:16 PM, rlj1010 said:

Back from the show. 

First thoughts...

I've seen One Republic as headliners a few times.  I'm going to Ravinia in Chicago on July 15 to see them yet again.  Ryan Tedder has an incredible voice.  He is so talented.  The whole band gave it their all.  I'm very excited.  James Arthur, Fitz and the Tantrums and then One Republic.   I'm glad you got to hear them and realize how good they are.  Did they do the song, Secrets?  That opening cello brings the house down every time but those are headlining shows.  How were they received?  When the Love Runs Out, Counting Stars were done?  That had to be a greatest hits opening band.  I loved The Lumineers.  I was bummed it was not Mumford and Sons but loved the Lumineers.  I was also bummed it was not One Republic but loved The Lumineers.  Chicago I, which I saw, was their first night opening for U2.  Can you imagine?    I even saw Kanye West open for U2.  People were miffed and I loved him.  Now, not so much!  He needs to go to Fiji or somewhere, all by his own self and chill.  You got to open for U2, dude!  Who cares if you are cwabby these days!  haha   Kings of Leon opened for U2.  Lone Justice opened for U2.  A few Zootopians know of them.  U2 has had great opening acts for a long time.  I love it.

Edited by Manohlive

U2 from last show on June 11, 2017 at Hard Rock Stadium Miami, Florida. !!  Photos by: @fotografomx / Victor Chavez 

123194CC-4823-402A-ACF2-A57C9E8053A8.jpg

Edited by Victor Noe

38 minutes ago, Victor Noe said:

U2 from last show on June 11, 2017 at Hard Rock Stadium Miami, Florida. !! 

123194CC-4823-402A-ACF2-A57C9E8053A8.jpg

Wow !

Victor Noe.

I LOVE the GREAT PICTURES.

The picture of LARRY is perfect. A clear picture of LARRY on the drums. And LARRY even has a smile on his face LOVE IT. :wub:

EDGE GREAT picture on his guitar, and on the job. LOVE IT. :wub:

BONO doing a good kick in the air. LOVE IT. :wub:

ADAM having a great big smile when he is on his guitar. LOVE IT. :wub:

All the pictures are perfect. :)

7 hours ago, Helbig said:

Victor Noe.

I LOVE the GREAT PICTURES.

The picture of LARRY is perfect. A clear picture of LARRY on the drums. And LARRY even has a smile on his face LOVE IT. :wub:

EDGE GREAT picture on his guitar, and on the job. LOVE IT. :wub:

BONO doing a good kick in the air. LOVE IT. :wub:

ADAM having a great big smile when he is on his guitar. LOVE IT. :wub:

All the pictures are perfect. :)

Lovely description  !!!