Sign in to follow this  
ila_charles

Paper tickets - Ford Field

Hi,

I just bought my u2 tickets a few minutes ago for Detroit.  I am flying in for the show from the Caribbean--where I live.  The Detroit show is not being managed by ticketmaster, but by Ford Field.  The only option I had in purchasing the ticket was a paper ticket--which is a first for me.  As I don't live in the US, I put my skybox address.  My skybox company informed me that they only accept registered mail, not regular mail. Does anyone on this forum have experience in purchasing paper tickets from outside the US? Any tips on how to ensure I receive the tickets?  Another point of worry is that though I printed the confirmation page, there was no confirmation email sent...

Thanks!

Have you checked your spam/junk folder to make sure the email didn't go there?

I bought GA for this show this morning as well. Got a confirmation of my purchase on my computer screen that I was able to print, but no email confirmation yet either. I also thought it was strange that they are mailing these instead of credit card entry??

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. I got the email confirmation at about 3pm having bought the tickets at 10am. The venue was pretty responsive in that they checked into the registered mail issue and offered to refund extra tickets I'd bought in error when the session expired in the first attempt. Still nervous about the paper tix, but we'll see in a few weeks.