Sign in to follow this  
sped

Mods - help! Credit Card entry problem brewing

Mods, I need some help

So today I get an email from my Credit Union that due to an 'un-named' merchant breach, my credit union is proactively blocking all our potentially affected cards starting next week, including mine, and sending us new ones. Yep, you guessed it -- it's the card I used to buy all my tickets!

Adding insult to injury, the new card they send me will have new numbers. And there is a chance that they will have blocked the old card before the new card even arrives.

All my U2 tickets are Credit Card entry.

Mods -- Is this something I can work out with TM ahead of time?

Or will I have to go to that sad Credit Card Entry problem tent?  

What time does sad tent have staff?

Do you know anyone who has had a credit card entry problem like mine and what was done?  

If I bring the receipts for payment, the email from my credit union, the blocked card (for proof), the new card (if it's arrived), my ID and enough tears, I hope I can get in.  

So much for queuing early:(

This is just one reason why Credit Card entry is a bad idea but I'll save that rant for later

Take both cards with you to the show. Also call Ticketmaster as soon as possible with your issue. Also, if you are in GA line, I'm sure one of your neighbors will be willing to let you go talk to the people in Box Office when it opens. As you said, have your receipts too. 

save the old card, just in case... contact immediately the TM customers service and explain your situation. Have any email and document pertinent to both the ticket buying and this CC change...

So you should certainly check with ticket master and the venue, but I'm pretty sure as long as you keep your old card even if the credit union has shut it off it will still work fine for the concert entry. I imagine the scanners for entry are just checking whether or not the card has the number matching the card number on the order and not checking whether or not the card is valid for being used as a credit card.

Help me, too, please??  I bought 4 tickets - two seats and two GA - on the same credit card.  My daughter and her bf were planning on queuing up early for GA, but TM says we all have to enter at the same time.  It makes me crazy that I can't have access to tickets I bought!  I don't know what to do.  Called TM and they were completely unhelpful.  Suggestions??

I would contact the venue directly instead of ticket master. As GA and seats often have different entry points venues have been telling people with both types of tickets on the same credit card to go to the box office resolution window where I assume they print you actual tickets so you can enter seperately.