Sign in to follow this  
popfly

WHY IS THERE NO DENVER DATE???!? / Salt Lake or Denver [MERGED]

What is going on?? U2 has played in Denver every single tour since their very first US tour. There are so many connections here for the band, Dallas even lives here, and TWO of the opening bands are from here (Lumineers & One Republic.) I know Sports Authority field is available on several days that work with the routing for both this first leg and even the second leg so what's the reason why they are not playing here? In fact there are ZERO shows in the mountain time zone.

Does anyone have any info about the reasoning behind this?

Nico

Maybe we will get lucky and they will add Denver in between St Louis and San Diego. But if not it would give me a good excuse to go to San Diego.

Do any of you think that they'll announce either a Salt Lake date or a Denver date? I'm not understanding why they haven't been coming to Salt Lake for the past couple of tours. It makes me sad! ?

They could easily fit two dates in between New Orleans and San Diego to keep consistent with the average two day spacing for the rest of the tour. I bet on or around 9/18 and 9/20 we see Denver, Salt Lake, Phoenix, and/or Las Vegas added.  I'm rooting for Las Vegas obviously, and Sam Boyd stadium looks available that week.  ;)

This got me thinking, are they touring with two stage setups? That would be impressive if they are setting up and taking down one stage setup every two days. 

Edited by seanclv

And Denver and SLC were both just shafted again for the E&I tour. I'm seriously not understanding this. The ONLY plausible explanation that I can come up with is that I know Live Nation and AEG are in a war with each other right now. It's no secret that they both are preventing the others artists from performing at certain venues in certain cities. This is the only reason that I can think of as to why they have skipped out on Denver on 2 tours now.