Sign in to follow this  
Canadanne

Twickenham Stadium - U2 Concert Guide

That's really helpful thanks. It's making me rethink how I'm going to get back to my hotel though. I was going to use the bus but if there's none until an hour after then I might need to catch a train to feltham station and find a bus from there.

It's a bit weird how this page lists "Support act 1" from 6pm to 6:30, followed by Noel Gallagher from 7pm to 8pm. As far as I'm aware, Noel is the only support, isn't he?

Perhaps one of the mods could make this a pinned topic for easy reference?

37 minutes ago, Canadanne said:

Perhaps one of the mods could make this a pinned topic for easy reference?

Done ?

On 16/06/2017 at 3:35 PM, Canadanne said:

It's a bit weird how this page lists "Support act 1" from 6pm to 6:30, followed by Noel Gallagher from 7pm to 8pm. As far as I'm aware, Noel is the only support, isn't he?

The info on this page only lists Noel as support. Shame, would've been nice to have an additional act.

20 hours ago, joshua84 said:

No bags AT ALL? Not even small bags?

Totally agree. My wife is disabled and needs all kind of meds, water, sunscreen, etc. with her. Basically way to much to carry in pockets. I'll give the venue a call tomorrow to get the low down on this and post their response here.

2 hours ago, PeterM1 said:

Totally agree. My wife is disabled and needs all kind of meds, water, sunscreen, etc. with her. Basically way to much to carry in pockets. I'll give the venue a call tomorrow to get the low down on this and post their response here.

Thank you Peter!

Does the no bags policy only apply inside the stadium itself?

I'm doing GA, plan to line up early and will be bringing food/water with me in a carrier bag. Surely they can't object to fans keeping themselves hydrated? 

3 minutes ago, padawanbeck84 said:

Does the no bags policy only apply inside the stadium itself?

I'm doing GA, plan to line up early and will be bringing food/water with me in a carrier bag. Surely they can't object to fans keeping themselves hydrated? 

I was checking pictures of the GA queue for Cleveland and there were people with backpacks, handbags, carrier bags, etc. There is no way they could object to carrier bags outside the stadium. The issue would be if they aren't providing anyone to do a "bag check" once you are inside. I'll get clarification on this tomorrow. Elsewhere on the Twickenham website I noticed the following regarding security measures... "Any fans planning their trip should allow extra time to access the stadium and avoid bringing bags where possible."

3 hours ago, PeterM1 said:

I was checking pictures of the GA queue for Cleveland and there were people with backpacks, handbags, carrier bags, etc. There is no way they could object to carrier bags outside the stadium. The issue would be if they aren't providing anyone to do a "bag check" once you are inside. I'll get clarification on this tomorrow. Elsewhere on the Twickenham website I noticed the following regarding security measures... "Any fans planning their trip should allow extra time to access the stadium and avoid bringing bags where possible."

It sounds to me like bags are allowed into the stadium if you need one, but if you can manage without, it'll speed things up if you don't bring one (presumably because they'll be thorough about checking them).
However, it would be good to hear an official clarification from the venue.

Official advice posted on Twitter - "the stadium are advising against bringing bags, however you will be allowed into the stadium with a small bag."

3 hours ago, Canadanne said:

Official advice posted on Twitter - "the stadium are advising against bringing bags, however you will be allowed into the stadium with a small bag."

That's pretty much what I was told when I phoned this morning. Also, for those driving there, Rugby road will be closed to traffic from around 16:30

On 7/3/2017 at 0:06 PM, Canadanne said:

Another Twitter post - "Please allow time for bag searches and remember that only small handbags / rucksacks are permitted."

For anyone doing GA - I don't know how much Twickenham Stadium has changed since 2005, but on the Vertigo Tour, we had to queue in a gravel car park that was VERY uncomfortable and dirty. Assuming it's still the same, I strongly recommend that you bring some cardboard or something to sit on. There is also no shade (at least in the queue for Gate D), so you'll probably want a hat or something to keep the sun off you.

Here's the current weather forecast for Saturday: 

Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 12.06.22.png

Edited by peterferris8

Bit different now. Cloudy Saturday but still warm: 

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 13.54.34.png

Edited by peterferris8

Judging by that sunset time it looks like half the show's going to be played in daylight as well.