mike_bain

Presale questions for new dates Sept / Oct 2017 (merged)

Good morning all,

I am new to this and just subscribed, how/when do you get pre-sale tickets?

Thanks,

Mike

You will get a confirmation email from joining.  Presales start Thursday 10am local city time of show.  You will receive a presale code before that to use for the sale.  Please be aware that presale codes do not guarantee tickets.

Having used my original resale for chicago, will a 2nd be issued for the just announced new leg?  

From the FAQ on www.u2.com/help

Q - If I purchased 4 tickets in Presales for shows in May to August, do I qualify for 4 more tickets for recently shows announced for this week during the presales?
A – No… the 4 ticket presale limit applies to shows that were announced last Jan/Feb and the recently announced shows this week. If you have used your 4 ticket limit already you can purchase tickets during the general onsale.

Just renewed my expired account as I wish to buy presale tickets for Mexico City, however I cannot see my code in Account Info or anywhere else. Where can I find it?

3 minutes ago, Casco said:

Just renewed my expired account as I wish to buy presale tickets for Mexico City, however I cannot see my code in Account Info or anywhere else. Where can I find it?

http://www.u2.com/help being updated, emails to go out to all subscribers soon..

Q - How do I gain access to the U2.com Tour Ticket presale?
A - To gain access to the U2.com Tour Ticket presale you will need your unique and personal presale Access code that has been allocated to you as an eligible current Subscriber of U2.com. You will be notified of how and when to access the presale ticketing pages via the U2.com Tour page and by email. The presale ticketing links FOR EACH CONCERT will also be available via the Tour page of U2.com once the presale for that concert has started.

21 minutes ago, mike_bain said:

Good morning all,

I am new to this and just subscribed, how/when do you get pre-sale tickets?

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.u2.com/help being updated, emails to go out to all subscribers soon..

A - To gain access to the U2.com Tour Ticket presale you will need your unique and personal presale Access code that has been allocated to you as an eligible current Subscriber of U2.com. You will be notified of how and when to access the presale ticketing pages via the U2.com Tour page and by email. The presale ticketing links FOR EACH CONCERT will also be available via the Tour page of U2.com once the presale for that concert has started.

Lots of questions on same topic, merging here

Hi bigwave, Max and Mich40.

So I don't see a presale code on the tour page. I resubscribed in early March. I don't see it at the moment because everything is still being updated, correct? Is there an estimated time for updates on the tour page and emails being sent out?

Thanks for your help.

Lesa

9 minutes ago, Buttercup1967 said:

Hi bigwave, Max and Mich40.

So I don't see a presale code on the tour page. I resubscribed in early March. I don't see it at the moment because everything is still being updated, correct? Is there an estimated time for updates on the tour page and emails being sent out?

Thanks for your help.

Lesa

hi Lesa yes, no codes are showing yet

I am paranoid... so sorry for this silly question -- but I bought two presale tickets for Cleveland... so I can still buy two presale tickets for Kansas City, correct?

1 minute ago, angryduck71 said:

I am paranoid... so sorry for this silly question -- but I bought two presale tickets for Cleveland... so I can still buy two presale tickets for Kansas City, correct?

from the FAQ:

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber, in the course of an annual subscription, you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows in the US (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in Kansas City and 2 tickets for a show in San Diego). In South America and Mexico, you can purchase 4 tickets for a single location.
All ticketing code use is audited and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.

Q - If someone has part-used their presale code in the leg 1 presales (for shows between May 12 and August 1), will they be able to use the rest of it on leg 2 presales (for shows in September and October)?
A - YES, up to a maximum of four tickets per subscriber.

14 minutes ago, bigwave said:

hi Lesa yes, no codes are showing yet

Ok, I just read in another topic, that because this is an extension of the current tour, that we probably would not get new codes even though resubscribed. Is this true?

Btw, I had the date wrong. I resubscribed in late Feb of this year as my deadline was approaching. My deadline was  early March.

Thanks, Lesa

Just now, Buttercup1967 said:

Ok, I just read in another topic, that because this is an extension of the current tour, that we probably would not get new codes even though resubscribed. Is this true?

Btw, I had the date wrong. I resubscribed in late Feb of this year as my deadline was approaching. My deadline was  early March.

Thanks, Lesa

That is correct.

Ok last question I swear! I used my presale code to buy three tickets total earlier this year, two for Chicago 1 and one for Chicago 2. According to one of the responses above then, I should have the opportunity to buy one more ticket in the presales for the new shows. However, that code is missing from the tour page. So they have removed all presale codes while auditing them before sending out emails and putting them back on the tour page?

Is it Max's turn to answer? ;)

Thanks, Lesa

1 minute ago, Buttercup1967 said:

Ok last question I swear! I used my presale code to buy three tickets total earlier this year, two for Chicago 1 and one for Chicago 2. According to one of the responses above then, I should have the opportunity to buy one more ticket in the presales for the new shows. However, that code is missing from the tour page. So they have removed all presale codes while auditing them before sending out emails and putting them back on the tour page?

Is it Max's turn to answer? ;)

Thanks, Lesa

You can buy 1 ticket with the presale code once it appears on your profile page... this will happen as the date/time of the presale approaches...

in the meantime... patience and zen. it's time to plan and wait until the presale code appears...

(apparently it is!) o_O

14 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

You can buy 1 ticket with the presale code once it appears on your profile page... this will happen as the date/time of the presale approaches...

in the meantime... patience and zen. it's time to plan and wait until the presale code appears...

(apparently it is!) o_O

Ok then, patience and zen it is. ?

Thank you to all three mods for the clarifications!

Lesa

It's too bad there's no chance to open up for the members to buy again. I understand that rules are rules but when additional dates are added, why not give the opportunity to the fans and not the touts/scalpers? We all know how the chips are stacked against the true fans when it comes to online-general sales. 

Hi,

I used all my codes on the first leg and just resubscribed to get a new code and was told that I don't get them. Why is that the case?

I paid for another year and I should get new code. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this predicament.

Must see more shows!

Thanks,

2 minutes ago, Andrew Gyger said:

Hi,

I used all my codes on the first leg and just resubscribed to get a new code and was told that I don't get them. Why is that the case?

I paid for another year and I should get new code. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this predicament.

Must see more shows!

Thanks,

From the FAQ on http://www.u2.com/help

Q - If I purchased 4 tickets in Presales for shows in May to August, do I qualify for 4 more tickets for recently shows announced for this week during the presales?
A – No… the 4 ticket presale limit applies to shows that were announced last Jan/Feb and the recently announced shows this week. If you have used your 4 ticket limit already you can purchase tickets during the general onsale.

20 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

From the FAQ on http://www.u2.com/help

I understand, but surely that should change if you re-up, I swear it's been that way on previous tours. 

Q - If I renew my U2.com subscription, will I receive a ticket access code for presale tickets?
A -In a touring period, paid-up subscribers receive an opportunity to enter a special ticket presale.

Edited by Andrew Gyger

it was that way on previous tours. It isn't that way on this tour... I'm truly sorry for not giving an answer that would be satisfactory but that's the ways thing are now...

5 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

it was that way on previous tours. It isn't that way on this tour... I'm truly sorry for not giving an answer that would be satisfactory but that's the ways thing are now...

Thanks Max, it's just frustrating that's all. Hopefully things change in the next 36 hours. Have a good one.

why no one gives a concrete answer not a copy paste answer?   if i renew my membership even if doesnt it expired can i buy more tickets for this new dates or not?

1 minute ago, leon77 said:

why no one gives a concrete answer not a copy paste answer?   if i renew my membership even if doesnt it expired can i buy more tickets for this new dates or not?

If you renew, you will not get another presale code.