Sign in to follow this  
mike_bain

Presale questions for new dates Sept / Oct 2017 (merged)

I have 2 tix left on my code, have tried it every which way, tried getting one ticket, two tickets, different browsers, iPad, phone, and I've never seen anything come up but RZ and VIP.  No regular seats, no GA.  Definitely something wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

We asked about this... TM knows the limit is 4 tickets...

They may know, but they haven't rectified the matter.

This is a colossal screw up.

The type that should have Larry writing another angry letter.

10 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

our codes are no different nor special...

Issues have been reported... keep trying and have patience. Use a different browser and/or the app

I am trying every browser possible. and 1 & 2 ticket options. :(

6 minutes ago, matilde said:

Not exactly. I have four unused codes. The only way I can even get GA to show up as an option for San Diego is if I use the mobile site on my phone.  

I got all the way through to confirm purchase and the page crashed.  When I tried again, it told me that I had exceeded my ticket limit.  

What a mess!

Hopefully you'll be able to get them.  At least you're getting close.  Most people are not even able to access GA at all.

I'm mildly annoyed by all of this, but right now I'm way more annoyed at myself for wasting 3 hours obsessively refreshing this page and Ticketmaster!  I have way too much work to do to be obsessing.  Ha!

10 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

consider 1 ticket at a time... apparently, it gives some results

Nope.  I'm only buying one for myself, and nothing works, at least for San Diego.

1 minute ago, Original Hewson said:

I understand that what I'm about to say it won't solve anything and in the end right now it may mean nothing: The people who can do something about this are working really hard to rectify this... apparently is not an easy issue, but be sure is not being left unattended...

Just now, 3 said:

Nope.  I'm only buying one for myself, and nothing works, at least for San Diego.

new browser? app? mobile browser?

23 minutes ago, james busick said:

Fair enough.  I'll trade the hours for a better view any day.  RZ has a great view for a small portion of the show, but not so great for most.

I was in Red Zone for Chicago 1 and was disappointed. Besides the number of bro-y drunks, the view of the B-stage was constantly obstructed by the camera crane.

I'm in the same boat..  I still have one ticket available with my presale code.  Trying to get a GA for San Diego but it's only unlocking expensive VIP/RED Zone.   I'll keep trying throughout the day and hope they resolve these presale code issues.

remember that open letter Larry wrote years ago after they switched propaganda to ticketmaster.  that letter was awesome!  not the bands fault.  i'll wait and hope to get mine.  good luck ya'll !

\

Not to be too sarcastic, but I am sure there will be plenty of GA tickets available at exorbitant prices on the secondary market.  

we have identified an issue with people who have part used codes, and have reported twice - so hopefully come action on that soon.. hang tight

Just now, Original Hewson said:

This a massive User Experience (UX) issue. If a code is completely used, it should either show as crossed out, or just not show up at all. They also need to be sure partially used codes read properly across all platforms. There is something SERIOUSLY wrong that we go through this sad dance on every single presale on every single tour. SO much love to Maxtuskino and BigWave and other mods for the HARD work they put in trying to help, but if LN/TM actually cared about more than $$$, they'd fix some very basic issues. I love U2 and will still go to shows, but this nonsense (and ever spiraling prices for the hassle) takes a whole lot of joy out of it all. :-(

I just talked to Ticketmaster (the 800 653 8000 number) for 30 minutes and while they tried to help they said I had to talk to the fan club.  So here I am.  Still trying for just 1 GA to San Diego, and still only pulling RZ/VIP.  On 2 computers, 4 browsers, and the app on my phone.

4 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

I understand that what I'm about to say it won't solve anything and in the end right now it may mean nothing: The people who can do something about this are working really hard to rectify this... apparently is not an easy issue, but be sure is not being left unattended...

I'm sure that's the case, but it's probably going to be fixed at some random time of the day, with no notice.  I'd rather they rescheduled the pre-sales at this point.

Edited by AchtungGuy

3 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

ha ha!  I still have that letter.  

1 minute ago, jacrobat123 said:

Not to be too sarcastic, but I am sure there will be plenty of GA tickets available at exorbitant prices on the secondary market.  

Perhaps, but CC-entry makes it an even bigger pain.

4 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Thanks.  As long as it get solved sometime today, all will be well.

2 minutes ago, judyf15c said:

I just talked to Ticketmaster (the 800 653 8000 number) for 30 minutes and while they tried to help they said I had to talk to the fan club.  So here I am.  Still trying for just 1 GA to San Diego, and still only pulling RZ/VIP.  On 2 computers, 4 browsers, and the app on my phone.

We're all in the same boat.

3 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

new browser? app? mobile browser?

my opinion, its just dumb luck whether anyone gets anything but VIP or RZ.....I've tried all these options multiple times as has my wife (Im at work, she's at home) and nothing is working.  Using my phone it actually says I'm exceeding the max ticket amount for this event (I'm selecting 2 tix)