Sign in to follow this  
mike_bain

Presale questions for new dates Sept / Oct 2017 (merged)

Codes have not been set yet... Once the codes are active you will receive a notification and they will appear on your profile and on the tours page...

please have patience...

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

If you already used your code for two tickets, you will be able to buy only 2 tickets.... the code doesn't extend just by renewing, only the subscription extends...

I was afraid of that...  Thanks Max !

SalU2

4 minutes ago, ms.tanyamcload said:

I haven't seen mine yet, Azyria...and I've been a member for an age...hoping to soon though.

being a member for an age doesn't mean you will get the code early... Codes will appear closer to the presale date/time...

until then, patience...

19 minutes ago, kavanbJDE said:

I think this is utter crap that those of us who renewed do NOT get a new presale code. Do they know the definition of fan???? I guarantee you most of the U2.com US members codes would have already been used even by people from these new cities because , guess what?? They are FANS!!! They do what they have to do with no other option when they can.  To offer presales to NEW memberships and not renewals of existing members who renewed after the last sales at least is just a money grab !!! 

Can enough people contact anyone with clout to get his ridiculous rule changed quickly???? I know theres way more important things to worry about than presale codes believe me but that doesn't make this any less frustrating and short sighted!

My membership expired. I tried to get them to reinstate it at my original date (pre-U2.com) and Live Nation said no. So, I had to renew as a brand-new subscriber. Consequently, I fully expect a code for 4 tickets.

We'll see....

Hellou. I didnt use my presale code access that they gave me beginning this year (January). Can I use that same code for the shows in October? Or will they give me another one new? Or do i HAve to renew my subscription? It should be valid until January 2018.  Thank you for your help.

Just now, lduran02 said:

Hellou. I didnt use my presale code access that they gave me beginning this year (January). Can I use that same code for the shows in October? Or will they give me another one new? Or do i HAve to renew my subscription? It should be valid until January 2018.  Thank you for your help.

if you haven't used your code for the previous presale, you should be able to use it for this presale...

DO NOT RENEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTION THINKING YOU WILL GET A NEW CODE - YOU WON'T - The only thing that will happen if you renew now is that you will extend your subscription...

6 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

being a member for an age doesn't mean you will get the code early... Codes will appear closer to the presale date/time...

until then, patience...

I didn't think so...that was more of a "been through this rodeo a hundred times" and "I'm most likely in group 1 and nothing so far" kind of response... :)

And yes, patience.  

Does your type of membership impact whether you qualify for the Red Hill Group or the Wires Group?  I need to know which membership I should pay for to buy earliest.  Or is it a lottery among all subscribers?

2 minutes ago, julie_reece said:

Does your type of membership impact whether you qualify for the Red Hill Group or the Wires Group?  I need to know which membership I should pay for to buy earliest.  Or is it a lottery among all subscribers?

red hill group (june 8th) is for long term members, wires group (june 9th)  is for anybody who signs up now. 

A friend of mine used her dad's card to get two tickets during the last presale with her code and she and a friend went to Chicago 1 under her Ticketmaster account. Will she still be able to get two tickets for Minneapolis with her unused portion of her code?

Just now, noiey said:

A friend of mine used her dad's card to get two tickets during the last presale with her code and she and a friend went to Chicago 1 under her Ticketmaster account. Will she still be able to get two tickets for Minneapolis with her unused portion of her code?

She will - but perhaps it would be safer to use the same card to buy the other 2 tickets...

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

She will - but perhaps it would be safer to use the same card to buy the other 2 tickets...

Thank you 

We purchased 2 tickets for the Toronto concert June 23rd with a presale code.  Do we use the same code or another one for a purchase of 2 tickets for the Detroit concert of Sept. 3rd.?  If we use the old code where may we find it online?  If not when shall the new presale codes be posted?

Thank you 

1 minute ago, dmech said:

We purchased 2 tickets for the Toronto concert June 23rd with a presale code.  Do we use the same code or another one for a purchase of 2 tickets for the Detroit concert of Sept. 3rd.?  If we use the old code where may we find it online?  If not when shall the new presale codes be posted?

Thank you 

Codes not showing yet, they will soon in http://www.u2.com/tour

you will have 2 remaining tix left on same code

2 minutes ago, dmech said:

Thank you 

Same code. They will be reposted shortly. 

1 minute ago, dmech said:

Thank you 

You will be able to purchase 2 tickets for these new shows...

Code will appear ion your profile, in the tours page and you will get an email notification once the time for it arrives...

54 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Codes have not been set yet... Once the codes are active you will receive a notification and they will appear on your profile and on the tours page...

please have patience...

Kudos to the Mods for your patience! ;)

Just now, andrea_cuenca said:

Hi! How can I buy tickets for Colombia Show as a fan, in the pre-sale? Thnaks

all the info related to the presales procedure is here ---> http://www.u2.com/help

So regarding the Sept 22 San Diego show, right now Stubhub and vividseats (just as an example) have piles of tickets available, but only scalped prices vs. normal ticket prices. ($175 nosebleed seats, up to $2,750 red zone)

Question is, if tickets aren't on sale to the public until Monday the 12th....how are they already available on these ticket sites? 

Does TM/live nation have some kind of agreement where something like 30% of tickets are public access, and the rest are wholesaled off to sister sites for an additional commission bulk blocks of seats?  This is all new to me overall.  1st show I went to was PopMart in Chicago and got my tix through the Propoganda newsletter without a problem, then years later wife surprised me with tix to Rose Bowl 360 show and those were online/public purchase and nosebleed face value seats.

I subscribed to the site and hoping the early presale code (if it still shows up within the next day) isn't a bust and all I find are $150+ tix for the absolute highest rows in the stadium.  Should wires realistically be able to buy face value tickets for different seating sections, or should I just expect at best the $35 nosebleed seats and MAYBE a handful of the $75 GA seats to be around after the Red Hill group gets them tomorrow?  Just wondering what other members experiences has been with getting presale tickets through the site this tour.  Thanks!

5 minutes ago, zoomcat said:

Kudos to the Mods for your patience! ;)

lol... thanks!

Just now, lonewolf40 said:

So regarding the Sept 22 San Diego show, right now Stubhub and vividseats (just as an example) have piles of tickets available, but only scalped prices vs. normal ticket prices. ($175 nosebleed seats, up to $2,750 red zone)

Question is, if tickets aren't on sale to the public until Monday the 12th....how are they already available on these ticket sites? 

Does TM/live nation have some kind of agreement where something like 30% of tickets are public access, and the rest are wholesaled off to sister sites for an additional commission bulk blocks of seats?  This is all new to me overall.  1st show I went to was PopMart in Chicago and got my tix through the Propoganda newsletter without a problem, then years later wife surprised me with tix to Rose Bowl 360 show and those were online/public purchase and nosebleed face value seats.

I subscribed to the site and hoping the early presale code (if it still shows up within the next day) isn't a bust and all I find are $150+ tix for the absolute highest rows in the stadium.  Should wires realistically be able to buy face value tickets for different seating sections, or should I just expect at best the $35 nosebleed seats and MAYBE a handful of the $75 GA seats to be around after the Red Hill group gets them tomorrow?  Just wondering what other members experiences has been with getting presale tickets through the site this tour.  Thanks!

fake tickets

Just now, lonewolf40 said:

those are not legit tickets...

There should be a good selection of tickets available for the Wires presale but have in mind that the demand is high... a realistic approach would be to grab the best selection possible, instead of trying to choose it...

9 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

those are not legit tickets...

There should be a good selection of tickets available for the Wires presale but have in mind that the demand is high... a realistic approach would be to grab the best selection possible, instead of trying to choose it...

I saw these too and wondered how they could be available. Seriously, thanks to all the moderators for answering questions. I will be so grateful if I get to see U2 just once in my lifetime.

Are the general admission tickets seated or is it standing space only?