Sign in to follow this  
mike_bain

Presale questions for new dates Sept / Oct 2017 (merged)

Just now, tarynhurtado said:

I saw these too and wondered how they could be available. Seriously, thanks to all the moderators for answering questions. I will be so grateful if I get to see U2 just once in my lifetime.

Are the general admission tickets seated or is it standing space only?

It's pretty much what you can get. 

Just now, tarynhurtado said:

I saw these too and wondered how they could be available. Seriously, thanks to all the moderators for answering questions. I will be so grateful if I get to see U2 just once in my lifetime.

Are the general admission tickets seated or is it standing space only?

standing

1 hour ago, Max Tsukino said:

Codes have not been set yet... Once the codes are active you will receive a notification and they will appear on your profile and on the tours page...

please have patience...

Thanks for the info.  My presale is 24 hours away and, of course, no codes yet! LOL

When you say notification, do you mean via email?  I can't remember how it happened last time except the codes were crossed out and they they weren't.  Don't recall any communication (outside of helpful info on this board).

Just now, matilde said:

Thanks for the info.  My presale is 24 hours away and, of course, no codes yet! LOL

When you say notification, do you mean via email?  I can't remember how it happened last time except the codes were crossed out and they they weren't.  Don't recall any communication (outside of helpful info on this board).

via email, but if it doesn't arrive (it can happen, sadly) it will be on your profile page and on the tours page...

Ok so I bought 2 tickets for Chicago June 4 show and was thinking I could still get 2 more tickets (4 max) for new Sept/Oct shows after reading this under Tour FAQs on this site:

"Q - If someone has part-used their presale code in the leg 1 presales (for shows between May 12 and August 1), will they be able to use the rest of it on leg 2 presales (for shows in September and October)?
A - YES, up to a maximum of four tickets per subscriber."

Apparently this is not the case as I called U2.com support at 1-855-867-5297 and was told once the code is used that's it and I won't be getting another one.  This is very misleading, was the person I talked to on the phone wrong or is the FAQ answer above wrong?

2 minutes ago, neilz said:

Ok so I bought 2 tickets for Chicago June 4 show and was thinking I could still get 2 more tickets (4 max) for new Sept/Oct shows after reading this under Tour FAQs on this site:

"Q - If someone has part-used their presale code in the leg 1 presales (for shows between May 12 and August 1), will they be able to use the rest of it on leg 2 presales (for shows in September and October)?

Apparently this is not the case as I called U2.com support at 1-855-867-5297 and was told once the code is used that's it and I won't be getting another one.  This is very misleading, was the person I talked to on the phone wrong or is the FAQ answer above wrong?

Well I would still try. 

FAQ is correct...

9 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

via email, but if it doesn't arrive (it can happen, sadly) it will be on your profile page and on the tours page...

So you're saying the codes are not unique per member, but by member group? (so two different codes will exist for the shows?)

And when using the code, it checks against my membership level/group right to gain access to the TM or whatever it is purchase site?

Just now, lonewolf40 said:

So you're saying the codes are not unique per member, but by member group? (so two different codes will exist for the shows?)

And when using the code, it checks against my membership level/group right to gain access to the TM or whatever it is purchase site?

code is personal, but there are groups depending on when you subscribed...

From the FAQ:

Our 'Red Hill Group' of longtime subscribers (those who were current, paid-up subscribers on 24 Dec, 2016, have access from the first day of the presale. Your unique presale access code will have a prefix of U2JTA...

Our 'Wires Group', who joined as new subscribers or upgraded an expired account after the release of the Merry Chrsitmas video on 25 Dec, 2016, enter early on the second day. Your unique presale access code will have a prefix of U2JTB...

So even though my original code is gone and I used 2 tickets for Chicago last show, I should still keep checking back on the site and expect to get a new code with a 2 ticket max (making it 4 total for subscription) for the new Sept/Oct dates?

4 minutes ago, neilz said:

So even though my original code is gone and I used 2 tickets for Chicago last show, I should still keep checking back on the site and expect to get a new code with a 2 ticket max (making it 4 total for subscription) for the new Sept/Oct dates?

As of right now, the codes are not available for everybody. They will appear close to the presale date/time.

If you have only bought 2 tickets, you may be able to buy the remaining 2 tickets, for a total of four...

ETA: You won't be getting a new code. Since your code has 2 tickets left, it will be the same code you used to get the Chicago tickets...

Ok so my old code will reappear closer to the presale and I'll be able to get the remaining 2 tickets? Just confusing because my original code is nowhere to be found on the site/in my account.

Just now, neilz said:

Ok so my old code will reappear closer to the presale and I'll be able to get the remaining 2 tickets? Just confusing because my original code is nowhere to be found on the site/in my account.

Yes it will. 

On 2017-6-6 at 9:05 AM, Casco said:

Just renewed my expired account as I wish to buy presale tickets for Mexico City, however I cannot see my code in Account Info or anywhere else. Where can I find it?

I am from Mexico and after one day i´ve just received a note where they tell me that the codes will be on our e mail later today. I hope it happens before the presale. Good luck.

Edited by bolillo

no one has it yet...

patience

1 minute ago, bolillo said:

I am from Mexico and after one day i´ve just received a note where they tell me that the codes will be on our e mail later today. I hope it happens before the presale. Good luck.

There is no need to send the codes this early since you wouldn't be able to use it...

When the date/time of the presale approaches, then the codes will be sent/will appear...

1 hour ago, lonewolf40 said:

So regarding the Sept 22 San Diego show, right now Stubhub and vividseats (just as an example) have piles of tickets available, but only scalped prices vs. normal ticket prices. ($175 nosebleed seats, up to $2,750 red zone)

Question is, if tickets aren't on sale to the public until Monday the 12th....how are they already available on these ticket sites? 

Does TM/live nation have some kind of agreement where something like 30% of tickets are public access, and the rest are wholesaled off to sister sites for an additional commission bulk blocks of seats?  This is all new to me overall.  1st show I went to was PopMart in Chicago and got my tix through the Propoganda newsletter without a problem, then years later wife surprised me with tix to Rose Bowl 360 show and those were online/public purchase and nosebleed face value seats.

I subscribed to the site and hoping the early presale code (if it still shows up within the next day) isn't a bust and all I find are $150+ tix for the absolute highest rows in the stadium.  Should wires realistically be able to buy face value tickets for different seating sections, or should I just expect at best the $35 nosebleed seats and MAYBE a handful of the $75 GA seats to be around after the Red Hill group gets them tomorrow?  Just wondering what other members experiences has been with getting presale tickets through the site this tour.  Thanks!

If you're up for GA, I would highly recommend that you go for GA tickets.  It seems that most people are able to get them in the presale.  I have never went for seats in the presale, but there are always people complaining that they could only get crap seats in the presale and some lucky ones that get good seats.  There will be huge demand for the San Diego show with that being the only California stop on that leg.  On this tour people have been able to get great spots in GA even showing up around the time gates open. 

4 minutes ago, jaimearodriguez said:

Max,

your patience answering the same 4 questions is admirable. Seriously! My respects.

it would be of no help if I or anyone in the moderation team lose patience on the presales season...

thanks!

I am new here- sorry if this is rudimentary: Presale code vs. Coupon code... these are different, correct? I just subscribed for the first time, and I was sent a coupon code and just want to be EXTRA certain this is not what I'm using for presale access. Thanks!

1 minute ago, ClockSteel said:

I am new here- sorry if this is rudimentary: Presale code vs. Coupon code... these are different, correct? I just subscribed for the first time, and I was sent a coupon code and just want to be EXTRA certain this is not what I'm using for presale access. Thanks!

that's for merchandise

yes.. these are different things... the presale code starts with U2JTA... or U2JTB... , depending on your presale group

And what is the difference between the two presale groups, "red hill" and the other one? Is it random selection? How do I know which group I am in?

I think I need help.  I'm obsessing over the presale even though I won't be going to any more shows on this tour unless they add something closer to home :).

And what is the difference between the two presale groups, "red hill" and the other one? Is it random selection? How do I know which group I am in?

If you're asking this question, we can assume that you're in group 2