Sign in to follow this  
onelynne

Will they check ID?

I can't make the show, and a friend of mine is interested in my two GA...however, Ticketmaster/U2 won't let me transfer these. The only way to get in is by using a cc, and I don't have a problem with sending him my card -- my concern is that they will not just want to scan the cc, but will also ask for ID.

Do you think they'll ask for ID upon entrance?

On one hand, every official rule says that upon arriving, you will be asked to scan your credit card and show matching photo ID.  However, in practice, it seems that most people are not being asked for ID.  Plenty of scalpers have bought tickets with disposable pre-paid credit cards and just mailed the card to the buyer, and those people were able to get in.

It basically seems like the rule says your ID will need to be checked, but that practically speaking, most people aren't being asked.

I understand that many stadiums are lax in checking IDs. I'm just telling you what the people at FedEx Field told me. I have the impression that they will be more fastidious about checking IDs than other venues.

This is a huge bummer, in so many ways!

Thanks for the input. It sounds risky...

I went to the Pittsburgh show and the person just took my card and scanned it.  I had the ID out and ready to go, but no one asked for it.  Not that FedEx staff will be the same.  I had a friend in the same boat as you and she let her friend take her card and ID and those people got in fine.  I don't think they were asked for an ID either.  It might just depend on who you get.