Max Tsukino

Philadelphia June 18 #U2TheJoshuaTree2017 Live Thread

As a friendly heads-up to anyone attending, please note that while the venue has said no one may line up for GA entry before 9am tomorrow, according to Twitter feeds at U2gigs.com, fans are disregarding that rule and have already begun showing up.  (I don't think right that there are two sets of rules, but as long as there are, I wanted to mention that in case anyone here can benefit from it.  I don't think I'll be able to arrive until later in the afternoon tomorrow.)

As far as weather goes, it is supposed to be in the mid-to-high 80s throughout the day, with a possibility of thunderstorms around 6am, noon and again around 6pm.  The chance of rain decreases throughout the day, so my hope is that it either won't rain at all, or that it'll come much earlier in the day and not be a big deal.

One forum member mentioned they called the box office and were told that The Lumineers take the stage at 7:30pm, and that U2 will begin at 9:10pm.  I personally don't trust those times because at every single U2 show I've ever been to with an opening act, the opening act has come onstage at exactly the time printed on the ticket, which in this case would be 7pm.  But if anyone would know, it would be the band or venue, so it could be true.

Hope to see some of you there! :)

Edited by vertigojds

The ga line started Friday morning by book/checkins. Around 200 and growing as of 9pm(now). Official venue lineup begins at 7am. Weather if like today will be steamy humidity around 90 and pop up storms. Venue may be handing out numbered wristbands early so everyone doesnt have to bake all day.

(jeff seems to be helping co-ordinate the (unofficial) ga line)

Would anyone know if we're allowed to drive/park there tomorrow at 6AM for the check in or is it best to uber it? Or try and come back when the lots open with car?

Edited by greenlight711

I've just arrived at the stadium. Venue security is giving out numbered wristbands and telling people they can leave, just be back by 2:45. I got #666, which coincidentally was the number I got last time I saw U2 in Pennsylvania. 

Rumor has it Bruce Springsteen will make an appearance at tonight's show - someone is reporting some of Bruce's "equipment" (not sure what that means) was spotted at the venue...

Dream Out Loud says she will be broadcasting when the action starts......

12 minutes ago, bob_rhoads said:

MW Nyd streets and mw again at soundcheck..

MW ?  OH Yeah Mysterious Ways !!!!

Edited by pain_18_

Philly totally screwwed pooch. Let multiple runs of ga on field at same time.Had top 200 separate then just let everyone go down different stairs at same time. PISSED.