Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Philadelphia June 18 #U2TheJoshuaTree2017 Live Thread

It's crazy news...CNN has been reporting all night from London. Bizzare..Prayers for the injured.

Larry was hanging loose in Elevation tonight. :lol:

U2 THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017
June 18, 2017      Philadelphia, PA     Lincoln Financial Field

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
  2. New Year's Day
  3. Bad / America (snippet)
  4. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  5. Where The Streets Have No Name
  6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  7. With Or Without You
  8. Bullet The Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet)
  9. Running To Stand Still
  10. Red Hill Mining Town
  11. In God's Country
  12. Trip Through Your Wires
  13. One Tree Hill
  14. Exit / Wise Blood (snippet)
  15. Mothers Of The Disappeared
  16. Miss Sarajevo
  17. Mysterious Ways / Elevation (snippet)
  18. One
  19. Beautiful Day / Philadelphia Freedom (snippet)
  20. Elevation
  21. Vertigo

Sources: mixlr.com/julie-lovesu2/ | mixlr.com/ultraviolet-u2-tribute-band/ | Many Periscope streams | http://www.u2gigs.com/

I really enjoyed being at this show. Was a little disappointed Ultraviolet was cut though. And really wanted Homecoming. But excellent show nonetheless!

1 hour ago, klhrabosky said:

I really enjoyed being at this show. Was a little disappointed Ultraviolet was cut though. And really wanted Homecoming. But excellent show nonetheless!

Loved the show too - I also was hoping for "Homecoming". They seem to be linking "Homecoming" and the new track ("The Little Things That Give You Away") and interchanging that pair with "Bad"/"Vertigo". I've seen/heard the second pair lots of times - I haven't heard either of the other two live ever. So, I hope they will play the "Homecoming" pair when I see them next on the 28th. :)

I've seen them do "Ultraviolet" quite a few times, so the return of "Mysterious Ways" (especially with the visuals) was quite nice, IMHO. I would be happy with either.

Roll on the 28th! :)

2 hours ago, klhrabosky said:

My thoughts exactly. 

5 hours ago, dmway said:

Loved the show too - I also was hoping for "Homecoming". They seem to be linking "Homecoming" and the new track ("The Little Things That Give You Away") and interchanging that pair with "Bad"/"Vertigo". I've seen/heard the second pair lots of times - I haven't heard either of the other two live ever. So, I hope they will play the "Homecoming" pair when I see them next on the 28th. :)

I've seen them do "Ultraviolet" quite a few times, so the return of "Mysterious Ways" (especially with the visuals) was quite nice, IMHO. I would be happy with either.

Roll on the 28th! :)

I'm guessing they're only going to be playing Homecoming and Little Things when they're doing 2 shows in one city. Which means I have a 50/50 chance of hearing those 2 songs in London on 8 July...

Could not be more happy than I am today.  Thank you Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry.  You never disappoint.  I want the feeling from last night to keep on going!  I always feel that way after seeing U2.  As always, I'm left asking "how long to sing this song" again with you.  I'll be here waiting for you again, as I have been since the original Joshua Tree tour in 1987.  God Bless you all, travel safe, and thanks for the inspiration! 

2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I'm guessing they're only going to be playing Homecoming and Little Things when they're doing 2 shows in one city. Which means I have a 50/50 chance of hearing those 2 songs in London on 8 July...

Ugh, there is only one Boston show...and it is the only show I'm seeing on this tour. I hope they love us enough on the 25th to give us ASOH and Little Things! ;) That new song has quickly gone into my heart. I love the emotion in it.

3 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

42 minutes ago, KarenVT said:

Ugh, there is only one Boston show...and it is the only show I'm seeing on this tour. I hope they love us enough on the 25th to give us ASOH and Little Things! ;) That new song has quickly gone into my heart. I love the emotion in it.

Then good luck to all three of us! :D

1 hour ago, brian_chamberlin said:

Love the message about unity, doesn't matter what side you're on, we're all together, oh but let's first watch some stupid video about Trump and the wall. 

Actually, I (and very many in the stadium) found that quite amusing - I don't know who around the band found that snippet from an old movie, but the fact that it lined up so well with modern events made that quite a good find.

If you're attempting to criticize the band for criticizing our current administration, they have always spoken truth to power - no problem there. Bono was also quite diplomatic all night in praising political left and right (former Pres. Bush and even Rick Santorum(!) got a shout out from him).

Not really criticizing the band for having an opinion, just thought it was interesting to throw that in there while preaching unity and seemingly attempting to be above it all. 

Have always loved the band but the older I get, the less I care what celebrities have to say about the state of the world. 

Great show though.  Seeing them again tomorrow night in DC with my 16 year old. 

I'm feeling pretty concerned that " Little Things " has gone from the set ........ ...I wish this were because U2 are still perfecting the song and SOE....and not because they don't like it or will push back SOE even more......:(:unsure:

Edited by pain_18_

2 hours ago, brian_chamberlin said:

Not really criticizing the band for having an opinion, just thought it was interesting to throw that in there while preaching unity and seemingly attempting to be above it all. 

Have always loved the band but the older I get, the less I care what celebrities have to say about the state of the world. 

Great show though.  Seeing them again tomorrow night in DC with my 16 year old. 

Well, not to belabor the point, but they have had such opinions since at least 1983, if not for their entire career. I don't think they think they are trying to be above it all either. If they can be helpful in their position, they would like to be - that's always been their M.O.

It's also fine that you care less what celebrities have to say about the state of the world; however, if that were really true, why did you feel the need to take U2 to task for the movie snippet on their own message board?

Yes, it was a great show, and I'm very happy that you are exposing your son/daughter to high-quality music. :)

Red Zone with the kids was a great time!  Here's a pic collage from my favorite pics and a link to some video highlights:

FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg