Sign in to follow this  
daniel_knapp

Parking info / prices / times at FedEx Field (MERGED)

Don't know about DC venue specifically, but in every prior U2 show I've been too (lots of them), the parking lots (at least some areas in the overall lot structure) open way earlier (because of the GA folks).  Good luck.

back in 2009 for the 360 tour, Parking fee was actually included in the ticket price. ($8) Dan Snyder is obviously not doing that anymore. hes gotta milk every damn dollar he can out of us. $50 + fees is down right criminal. At any rate, in 2009 i got there at about 10:30am. I had heard there was one lot open for GA folks, not knowing where that lot was i just pulled up to the stadium and saw all lots were closed and not opening until 3pm. Gates were closed and big signs that said 3pm opening. I asked a lot attendant who was turning cars away where to go. They directed me to the Grey Lot on Brightseat Road. (Google maps has a nice view of the Grey Lot)  Once i found that lot it wasnt a problem. just a long walk to the GA line from there. Thankfully the queue was on the same side of the stadium as the parking lot. My suggestion is (and what im going to do) in April sometime i will be calling Fed-Ex Field and asking them what the parking procedure is for GA ticket holders and if cash payment for parking is acceptable upon arrival. They may not know details until then or might not even know at that point but if not, Ill call back weekly and find out.

Another option if you are driving and not taking Metro. (Ill be driving) if they are NOT opening lots early, there are two metro stops "near by". The Morgan blvd metro station has a small parking lot, and is probably going to be monitored (not recommended to park there, even though its closer to the stadium). The other is the Largo Town Center Station. This has two 4 level parking garages, while it will cost you money to park there it will be much cheaper than the $50 at the stadium. Also keep in mind that this is about a mile and a half walk to the stadium. I would trust my car here in this parking garage or an actual stadium lot. I would feel hesitant about parking my car anywhere else in the area surrounding Fed-Ex Field.

Hope this helps and if anyone finds out any info please post here. I will do the same.    

Thanks for responding. I'll also pester them with phone calls as the dates approach. Currently only Orange and Green zoned parking available via ticketripoff.

Quick Update on the parking situation for Fed-Ex Field show. 

As i mentioned above the "gray lot" is indeed the ONLY cash only lot being advertised at the moment by Fed-Ex field. No info on opening time for this lot. will keep checking.  

Cash Parking

Accessible cash parking operated by the Washington Redskins is located off of Brightseat Road in the Gray Lot. Please use Arena Drive to access Brightseat Rd.

On 1/27/2017 at 1:35 PM, daniel_knapp said:

Hey Ya'll, anyone hear when the parking lots will open? For $58.85 (including ticketmaster rip off fees) it'd better be a few hours early.

I approve of your name!!!

Does anybody have any updated parking lot information for FedEx Field? I called yesterday and confirmed that there will be cash lots open on the day of the show. I've never ordered a parking pass in the past, so figured why start now?? In any case, I was told that the Green lot would be cash, but that none of the lots will open until 3pm. I find that to be highly improbable, as I'm sure that there will be many people in the GA line long before 3pm. The person I spoke to was very pleasant, but informed me that they will not be allowing a GA line to form prior to parking lots opening at 3. Again, highly improbable. I'm sure that there must be at least one lot opening before 3pm, but wondering if it will be a cash lot.

5 hours ago, Elaine said:

Does anybody have any updated parking lot information for FedEx Field? I called yesterday and confirmed that there will be cash lots open on the day of the show. I've never ordered a parking pass in the past, so figured why start now?? In any case, I was told that the Green lot would be cash, but that none of the lots will open until 3pm. I find that to be highly improbable, as I'm sure that there will be many people in the GA line long before 3pm. The person I spoke to was very pleasant, but informed me that they will not be allowing a GA line to form prior to parking lots opening at 3. Again, highly improbable. I'm sure that there must be at least one lot opening before 3pm, but wondering if it will be a cash lot.

I went to the stadium last Saturday (6/3) to figure this out. The security guard I spoke with was also very nice. He said that the only parking lot that will accept cash will be the Gray Lot. In regards to the GA line itself, he mentioned that GA ticket holders will enter through Gate D, and said that more concrete details about times would be released closer to show date (6/20). I also sent an email to FedEx Field, asking about all this stuff. I have yet to hear back from them, but will post their answers here as soon as I get them.

Thanks for your response, evilgenius.I also sent an email to FedEx Field last Monday, but never heard back from them. We're not planning on arriving super early - probably not until 2 - 3pm or even a little later - but it would be nice to know what the parking situation is before we get there. I've been to a lot of shows at FedEx and don't ever recall the parking details being such an issue before, but maybe that's because I was never planning on arriving prior to 3pm for any other show. Since they were selling parking passes in advance, you would think that there would be more info available (like if you need a pass for the lot(s) opening prior to 3pm, etc). If I get any further information, I'll be sure to pass it along.

21 hours ago, evilgenius said:

I went to the stadium last Saturday (6/3) to figure this out. The security guard I spoke with was also very nice. He said that the only parking lot that will accept cash will be the Gray Lot. In regards to the GA line itself, he mentioned that GA ticket holders will enter through Gate D, and said that more concrete details about times would be released closer to show date (6/20). I also sent an email to FedEx Field, asking about all this stuff. I have yet to hear back from them, but will post their answers here as soon as I get them.

Very helpful, evilgenius, thank you! 
Can you all offer suggestions on how to respectfully save spots in the GA line for members of my party that can't arrive early? We're 8 in total. 3 of us plan to arrive early, but others can't get off work until about 4pm. Is it "kosher" to bring lawn chairs to sit while we wait? Thx!!

Hello everyone... anyone know what gates GA will be entering into?  I decided to buy a parking pass but wanted to get into the right lot relatively close to the entry gate. 

Also, a question slightly off topic... I'd like to get relatively close to the stage, but not committed to be in front.  Any insights on what time I should plan to get into the stadium to have a decent spot (say, no more 10 rows back from the Joshua Tree stage)? 

UPDATE:  I spoke to FedEx.  Parking lot will open at 3:00.  Gates open at 5:00.  Floor GA can enter between gates G & F near the "Bud Light Party Pavilion." 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, RyanCr said:

UPDATE:  I spoke to FedEx.  Parking lot will open at 3:00.  Gates open at 5:00.  Floor GA can enter between gates G & F near the "Bud Light Party Pavilion." 

I spoke to both Fed Ex Field and Ticketmaster today......a little more info........the RedZone parking lot will open at 8 am......the rest of the lots will not open until 3.

They really should have specified this when having to buy the ridiculously priced parking pass.

after multiple calls to both,  I was able to get a refund on the parking pass I bought through TM.......I had to call Fed Ex directly,  and by the 3rd attempt, was able to purchase a parking pass directly from their ticket office.

1 hour ago, grzy said:

I spoke to both Fed Ex Field and Ticketmaster today......a little more info........the RedZone parking lot will open at 8 am......the rest of the lots will not open until 3.

They really should have specified this when having to buy the ridiculously priced parking pass.

after multiple calls to both,  I was able to get a refund on the parking pass I bought through TM.......I had to call Fed Ex directly,  and by the 3rd attempt, was able to purchase a parking pass directly from their ticket office.

Thanks for the info. Gotta say seems like a strange policy, though, to accommodate early parking for Red Zone, but not GA, when Red Zone are far fewer ticket holders. 

On 6/10/2017 at 10:59 AM, mogreenman said:

Very helpful, evilgenius, thank you! 
Can you all offer suggestions on how to respectfully save spots in the GA line for members of my party that can't arrive early? We're 8 in total. 3 of us plan to arrive early, but others can't get off work until about 4pm. Is it "kosher" to bring lawn chairs to sit while we wait? Thx!!

I have been lining up for U2 for what seems like half my life. I have seen them in venues all over North America, though never in this area (just moved here). In every case that I have seen, it's more or less the same. The first few people in line start a running list of names that correspond to numbers that get inked on your hand. While you can try to negotiate with your line mates to have the numbers set aside for your companions, it's really up to the self-policing line to see if they'll allow it. I have literally seen a fight break out when someone tried to do as you are suggesting and new people showed up shortly before the gates opened. Granted that was in LA, but people in this region seem far more uptight and nasty than out West. I have to say that nerves can be a little frayed for those of us who have been in line for 20+ hours and taken our vacation time from work to do so. It just doesn't seem right that other people who haven't put in the time will cut ahead of you with no effort--not very respectful, you know?

As far as the lawn chairs go, that's fine. Just know that you'll have to store them back in your vehicle (or wherever) 1-2 hours before the gates open, or be okay with trashing them before going in.

hope this helps

M

Thanks, M. It does. I, too, have done my fair share of line sitting/camping out, etc, so totally appreciate the mindset of someone who's put in the time to wait vs. someone strolling in just before gates open. This show will be the first that I'm bringing my kids to. The youngest (13) doesn't get out of art camp until 3 (which we could pull early if need be.) The eldest, 16, will be on day 2 of a summer internship with a US Congressman. She'll ask to leave early, but is LOATHE to do so. (Which I can also appreciate). We'll figure it out. Bigger question now seems to be the late parking lot opening time (3pm!). Almost makes me want to take metro!! :)

Having been to FedEx for Redskins games, I don't think that the Red Zone parking lot is meant for only those holding RZ tickets. Red Zone is actually the name of that lot all year long. I'm sure that it will be open for GA ticket holders also.

9 hours ago, Elaine said:

Having been to FedEx for Redskins games, I don't think that the Red Zone parking lot is meant for only those holding RZ tickets. Red Zone is actually the name of that lot all year long. I'm sure that it will be open for GA ticket holders also.

correct....it is just called Redzone parking.......but,  the problem is nothing was specified as to which lot would be open until this week......and the lot is sold out already......so if you have GA tickets and you drive to the show,  you will have no where to park unless you happen to have bought the overpriced pass for that redlot.........other lots open at 3

50 minutes ago, grzy said:

correct....it is just called Redzone parking.......but,  the problem is nothing was specified as to which lot would be open until this week......and the lot is sold out already......so if you have GA tickets and you drive to the show,  you will have no where to park unless you happen to have bought the overpriced pass for that redlot.........other lots open at 3

Oh my gosh, that makes so much more sense. I didn't realize Red Zone was a Redskins thing, too. Thanks! 

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, evilgenius said:

I went down to the stadium today and met with the person who will be in charge of GA admission, and everything else that day. Turns out there was a lot of conflicting information being told to fans. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post all the info I've found out. I'm just waiting for this gent to approve of the note I drafted.

8 hours ago, evilgenius said:

I went down to the stadium today and met with the person who will be in charge of GA admission, and everything else that day. Turns out there was a lot of conflicting information being told to fans. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post all the info I've found out. I'm just waiting for this gent to approve of the note I drafted.

looking forward to hearing what they say.........I called them yesterday but made no progress.  I tried to explain what they should expect and why they need better solutions but didn't get very far............thanks for your persistence!

Thank you, evilgenius! For what it's worth, when the 360 Tour hit FedEx in 2009, the gray lot was open in the morning (not overnight) for GA ticketholders...and while it was a hike to the stadium, it was at least on the same side as the GA gate. I'll keep my fingers crossed that a similar option might be open to us this go-round. The real evil genius in all of this is Dan Snyder...

On 6/13/2017 at 9:46 PM, mogreenman said:

Thanks, M. It does. I, too, have done my fair share of line sitting/camping out, etc, so totally appreciate the mindset of someone who's put in the time to wait vs. someone strolling in just before gates open. This show will be the first that I'm bringing my kids to. The youngest (13) doesn't get out of art camp until 3 (which we could pull early if need be.) The eldest, 16, will be on day 2 of a summer internship with a US Congressman. She'll ask to leave early, but is LOATHE to do so. (Which I can also appreciate). We'll figure it out. Bigger question now seems to be the late parking lot opening time (3pm!). Almost makes me want to take metro!! :)

Oh, I think the sentiment will be much different if the ones who join you are children. That's quite understandable and I think you'll find that other concert goers will want to make sure that their first U2 concert is one of the best experiences of their lives!! I know it has been that way for other parents who have taken their children to U2. 

BTW I'm also worried about the parking lot open time--which seems insane, as does the approach the facility seems to have to keeping dedicated GAers away--NOT gonna happen! At this point I'm thinking about driving (even though I really wanted to Metro --the last Metro is at 11:24 PM--WTF?) and parking at the structure at Largo Town Center, which is $5.10/day with 2200 spaces.

Is anyone else doing this??