Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
daniel_knapp

Parking info / prices / times at FedEx Field (MERGED)

Recommended Posts

I am starting to get a little freaked out, I have GA tickets as well as actual seats for friends on the same card.  For other shows, they have been indicating that you can have your tickets printed up the morning of the show.  However, this is not in the most recent email that went out for DC, and I called the FedEx field box office just now, and they have no idea what will happen.  They seem to think everyone will be able to go through the GA line.  Has anyone else heard anything about this situation?  I don't want to have half my group sitting in the parking lot during the show because they could not get in the GA entrance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mcpayne said:

Oh, I think the sentiment will be much different if the ones who join you are children. That's quite understandable and I think you'll find that other concert goers will want to make sure that their first U2 concert is one of the best experiences of their lives!! I know it has been that way for other parents who have taken their children to U2. 

BTW I'm also worried about the parking lot open time--which seems insane, as does the approach the facility seems to have to keeping dedicated GAers away--NOT gonna happen! At this point I'm thinking about driving (even though I really wanted to Metro --the last Metro is at 11:24 PM--WTF?) and parking at the structure at Largo Town Center, which is $5.10/day with 2200 spaces.

 

Is anyone else doing this??

mcpayne,
thanks for your reply. hopefully you're right, and kids (albeit teens) strolling in later with their dad, won't be quite as offensive.
As for parking, the Fed Ex Red Zone lot (not to be confused with U2 Red Zone) will be open at 8am. However, it's my understanding that passes to this lot are sold out? I'm trying to confirm that now. It's all the other lots that don't open until 3pm. I've got to believe that metro will stay open if there are crowds of people waiting to board trains. I think this is SOP for them in the past. I appreciate the info about parking at Largo Town Center. One thought I had was to metro to Landover and Uber in from there? Not sure if that saves the issue of traffic into the stadium. The whole thing just makes me nervous b/c I recall for 360, the traffic into Fed Ex was so heavy, that we barely made it to our seats before the show started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, fellow U2pians! I think I've figured all this stuff out. See my post for "GA QUEUE INFO" under the "Washington-FedEx Field" forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:08 PM, deflep6202 said:

I am starting to get a little freaked out, I have GA tickets as well as actual seats for friends on the same card.  For other shows, they have been indicating that you can have your tickets printed up the morning of the show.  However, this is not in the most recent email that went out for DC, and I called the FedEx field box office just now, and they have no idea what will happen.  They seem to think everyone will be able to go through the GA line.  Has anyone else heard anything about this situation?  I don't want to have half my group sitting in the parking lot during the show because they could not get in the GA entrance.

@deflep6202

I asked the person in charge specifically about your situation. He said he will check on it and get back to me tomorrow (6/17). I'll let you know what he says as soon as I hear from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evilgenius said:

@deflep6202

I asked the person in charge specifically about your situation. He said he will check on it and get back to me tomorrow (6/17). I'll let you know what he says as soon as I hear from him.

That would be amazing thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any parking at FedEx field lower than $50??  I would certainly consider Metro if the trains ran a little later, but I'm not going to leave the show early!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@deflep6202

According to the guy in charge there (VP of Operations @ FedEx Field), you and your party will have to go to one of the "Ticket Resolution" centers (Gates A & E) and explain your situation. There, they should print out hard tickets for everyone in your party. You will use those hard tickets to enter through your respective gates when the time comes. Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, evilgenius said:

@deflep6202

According to the guy in charge there (VP of Operations @ FedEx Field), you and your party will have to go to one of the "Ticket Resolution" centers (Gates A & E) and explain your situation. There, they should print out hard tickets for everyone in your party. You will use those hard tickets to enter through your respective gates when the time comes. Hope this helps!

Sounds like this will help in my case, too! Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, evilgenius said:

@deflep6202

According to the guy in charge there (VP of Operations @ FedEx Field), you and your party will have to go to one of the "Ticket Resolution" centers (Gates A & E) and explain your situation. There, they should print out hard tickets for everyone in your party. You will use those hard tickets to enter through your respective gates when the time comes. Hope this helps!

Thank you! I'm sorry if it was mentioned earlier, but do you have any info on when those will be opening? I'm hoping early when we go for wristbands.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@deflep6202

5 hours ago, deflep6202 said:

Thank you! I'm sorry if it was mentioned earlier, but do you have any info on when those will be opening? I'm hoping early when we go for wristbands.  

Checking on that for you. I'll let you know when I find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no cheaper parking at the stadium. I suggest you park for $15 at the Morgan Boulevard Metro Station, then walk 20 mins to the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  I'll either do that or try Largo Town Center and ride the one stop over to Morgan to get to FedEx Field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...