pain_18_

Rumours about *SOE* !!! (MERGED)

Got to see them play Little Things at Twickenham last night...my appetite has only been whetted!

1 minute ago, Frankaz said:

They should release it...

Can't remember what page it was, but a fanpage recently posted a rumour they'd heard that the album will be released on 1 December, single possibly released this month. The rumour also included a rumoured album cover, which is the image used during early performances of The Little Things on TJT tour.

Good. The sooner the better! I don't like the long time between albums 

On 09/07/2017 at 9:17 PM, Frankaz said:

Good. The sooner the better! I don't like the long time between albums 

You said it !

On 7/8/2017 at 6:32 AM, Frankaz said:

Pesky Eno...

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, he's in like every song. ?

On 7/11/2017 at 0:01 AM, hestia said:

Yeah, he's in like every song. ?

:Zoo_Cloud:

On ‎1‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:17 AM, pain_18_ said:

Very pertinent points of view, @adrnik (love your milking TJT comment) and @toyoracer ...- at least if they released a mini-EP with three songs or just  a song or something.......

We know The Little Things That Give You Away by now. A great song that is promising for the new record.

14 hours ago, Malahide said:

We know The Little Things That Give You Away by now. A great song that is promising for the new record.

@Malahide we need this song released as a single all ready.......Come on, you guys !!!!

yes release little things! ive just about learnt the words now :)

Adam said

"We planned Songs of Experience as an indoor tour; we just don’t think it’s something that would work outdoors. The Songs of Innocence (arena) tour two years ago was really powerful and really touched people and touched us. We wanted to continue that intensity and I think that’s what we’re going to try to do."

totally agree, i loved IE and cannot wait for a return to indoor arenas with the Experience tour. I loved Joshua Tree tour but IE was really powerful and emotional and being smaller made it a great visual and personal event for me.

8 hours ago, sazshackle said:

yes release little things! ive just about learnt the words now :)

Adam said

"We planned Songs of Experience as an indoor tour; we just don’t think it’s something that would work outdoors. The Songs of Innocence (arena) tour two years ago was really powerful and really touched people and touched us. We wanted to continue that intensity and I think that’s what we’re going to try to do."

totally agree, i loved IE and cannot wait for a return to indoor arenas with the Experience tour. I loved Joshua Tree tour but IE was really powerful and emotional and being smaller made it a great visual and personal event for me.

I wonder if they'll use the same production/stage as they did in 2015. I mean, because it's the second part of the Songs of Innocence/Experience duology it makes sense for it to still be the Innocence & Experience Tour, but equally it might seem a bit strange for them to be using the exact same stage as they did 3 years ago - possibly more so if they play the same venues in the US/EU they did in 2015. I imagine there'd be some differences in the look of the stage, and the technology used.

Edited by peterferris8

11 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I wonder if they'll use the same production/stage as they did in 2015. I mean, because it's the second part of the Songs of Innocence/Experience duology it makes sense for it to still be the Innocence & Experience Tour, but equally it might seem a bit strange for them to be using the exact same stage as they did 3 years ago - possibly more so if they play the same venues in the US/EU they did in 2015. I imagine there'd be some differences in the look of the stage, and the technology used.

i had the same thought yesterday, i thought the IE stage was brilliant and i loved the way the band walked from one side to the other. The people that create the sets are genius, just amazing visuals every time.

Maybe they will go to Japan / Australia / South Africa for the Experience tour?

4 hours ago, Frankaz said:

almost 7 years since they've toured pffft

I remember when SOI was released. 

From all the noise it seemed as if folks in general thought it was another "great" album. So after a couple of plays I began to wonder whether I was listening to the same album. There was some good stuff on it - absolutely but I thought there was a lot of bad stuff. Some tracks seemed so MOR that I thought it sounded like Maroon 5!

I am looking forward to SOE too but after hearing "Little Things..." a few times over the last weeks I am hoping this is an album track rather than one of the lead singles. Sorry folks but it is just not that good!

9 hours ago, Frankaz said:

Maybe the next stage-set will be in the shape of a toilet scrub and Bono walks from one side to the other  of the scrub  ?

Edited by pain_18_

Saw on Twitter that there have been listening sessions for SOE prior to each show lately. Supposedly, the first single (not "Little Things") will be out on 8 weeks, the record out at the end of the year (Dec 1?), and tour to start in Spring next yr. Let's see if these sources are right this time.

Edited by toyoracer
spelling

On 7/14/2017 at 8:06 PM, pain_18_ said:

Maybe the next stage-set will be in the shape of a toilet scrub and Bono walks from one side to the other  of the scrub  ?

Good idea!

10 hours ago, Frankaz said:

Good idea!

I know...I'm a genius in my secret life.

Just in from yet another crystal clear MXLR stream of the show in Barcelona thanks to Doris!!!!.....Little Things was pure adrenaline straight to the vein !!!! !!! 

Update on the SOE rumours: Bono says Edge says it will come out at the end of the year !

Edited by pain_18_

10 hours ago, Frankaz said:

Will there be an SOE toilet to go with the Nloth toilet brush?

There must be..... I really hope the single will be out before the bathroom accessories  go into production, tho.....

Edited by pain_18_

But what if there's a limited edition toilet roll that needs to be produced for the single? 

On 20/07/2017 at 0:06 AM, Frankaz said:

But what if there's a limited edition toilet roll that needs to be produced for the single? 

As long as it has the lyrics printed on it........ ***I'm just kidding right here......I really love NLOTH and *SOE*....and the lyrics to " Little Things".....But not that happy about the sub-gift........

I think they  should give us " Little Things" as a download in here......

Edited by pain_18_

I can't wait for this album to be released, I think The Little Things is a great song. I believe the album will be released at the end of the year, even though they've been saying that for the past two years ?. Though I'm more interested in how the Experience Tour will be done. It would be awesome if it starts next spring, I'd love to be able to see the band for a second year in a row. At the same time I wonder if they will want a break, or not since they might do another brief tour like the first part of i+e and Joshua. It's hard to say "the first part of i+e" because even though technically it is a continuation, I also expect the experience part to be at least a slightly different production.