Dutch tour promoter Mojo just announced a schedule for both shows in the Amsterdam Arena, soon to be called 'Johan Cruijff Arena':

17:00 uur - Doors open
19:00 uur - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
19:55 uur - Pauze / changeover
20:40 uur - U2
23:00 uur - End of the show (approximately)

If you guys need advice on how to travel to the Arena, please let me know.

Vienis    3

Thanks! Any advice for good locations before and after the show in Amsterdam with relevant music? ;)

The guys of U2Start are hosting a U2 fan gathering on Leidseplein (right down city centre). Check out their Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/132916477287131/

Irish pubs are always good before and after the show. You'll find some on the same square of just behind the Palace on Dam (Paleisstraat) and Rokin. 

Bungo    0

Hi Gogme, I'll be there in GA on the Saturday.

Just wondering if you knew anything about entry gates for the stadium? There doesn't appear to be anything on my ticket or the Arena website. It can save a big walk sometimes if you head for the right side in my experience. 

Many thanks!

Vianen    0

Hello Bungo,

OK, I'm not Gogme but that doesn't stop me to answer this one. I've included the plan for the amsterdam arena here below with the gate letters. As you can see there are two entrances for the general access. It should say "ingang zuid G" or "ingang zuid J" on your ticket. That is the entrance letter G or J. (ingang = entrance , zuid = south).

OK, when you walk from the trainstation "Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena" then your already at the south side of the stadium. Just walk past the media markt and the decathlon and then you'll see the stadium with the entrances G, H and J.

Then after you have entered the field there is again one general acces area. So if you and your friends enter through another gate for the general access, that doesn't matter. Just meet up on the field at the closest beer stand. Oh wait, that is where I will be.

20102010-06-29-plattegrond-arena.jpg

On 20-7-2017 at 6:33 PM, Bungo said:

Hi Gogme, I'll be there in GA on the Saturday.

Just wondering if you knew anything about entry gates for the stadium? There doesn't appear to be anything on my ticket or the Arena website. It can save a big walk sometimes if you head for the right side in my experience. 

Many thanks!

As Vianen already explained the best you can do is take a train or metro to Bijlmer/ArenA station and go to the main square past the Pathe Cinema. The pitch has two entrances G and J and both have separated queues. Once inside you'll end up on the same pitch though. 

4 hours ago, ally33 said:

Do they put on extra trains/do they run late after the gig?

I just discovered there's no trains between Amsterdam Central Station and Bijlmer ArenA running this weekend due to maintenance. I've asked the Dutch railways and Mojo (local concert promoter) to clear this up. But I think you'll have to make sure you get the last metro towards city centre or sloterdijk. It's a 5 minutes walk from stadium to station, U2 will play until 23:30 latest, so you have more than 30 minutes to make your way to the station. Easy!

Edited by Gogme United